#16 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:15 PM

You need to change the disks too Pavel, altho you may get away with them on standard disks, but I've never tried it... Siggy??

Paul, the flange is the round bit that the wheel studs are stuck in...

#17 paulbin

paulbin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:20 PM

right ive now found out that i have a totally different set up,

I have mini hubs, vented discs, 4 pot calipers, metro drive flanges, so the only thing i have changed is the calipers discs and the flanges

#18 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:26 PM

So you already have the set up that you want??

How far past the arch do your wheels stick out? Maybe a set of negative camber arms would bring the tops in enuf to not stick out past your new arches.

#19 paulbin

paulbin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:28 PM

well how come i didnt need to modify the steering arms. well the nearly stick out as much as a 7 inch wheel and i only have a 6 inch one so about 1 inch lol

#20 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:36 PM

Dunno...

They will stick out more because they are wider than normal disks by about half an inch, and the flanges are bigger too.

#21 paulbin

paulbin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:39 PM

so really theres no way of doin it, some on has also told me about the lugs on the flanges because they need grinding down because the wheels wont sit right on the flange

#22 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

I'm confused now...

Have you got MSN? [email protected]

#23 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:25 PM

I seem to remember that you need ERA caliper bolts when fitting metro calipers to Mini hubs. I have never converted a set myself. Having drove cars with the conversion, feel that they are not worth the effort or the extra money. No improvement over std 8.4'S.

I think you would be better spending the cash on a set of braided hoses and comp discs and green stuff pads.

The metro vents are heavier than 8.4s and will increase the unsprung weight, someting that race car engineers try to reduce.

Siggy

#24 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:24 AM

when i put my 4 pots on the other day, its taken 3 days to do the conversion, all i used from the metro turbo was the disks and calipers.
me and my dad machined down the part of the disk where the drive flange bolts to and spaced the back of the disk off a bit, this provided all the spacing needed for fiting the disks and callipers, at first the disk would not move , then once that was sorted the caliper fouled the back of the disk, then the hub nut decided to spit its thread out, then i couldn't locate the split pins. and the drive flange holes needed machining out to M10 mm (i did this with a file and about an hour all in!). the metro disks have M10 course holes. All in its been a :)! but im sure it'll be worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users