sprinzel71

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: TMC - TendringMiniClub

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi All,

I appreciate second hand engines are a real mine field these days so I thought I get some feedback from you guys regarding selling my MSPD engine.

Basic story is:- I purchased a car with this engine fitted. The owner at the time got this engine new from Morspeed with loads of receipts etc etc. It has a full MSPD engine number stamped into the block, so its 100% genuine. Its covered no more than 5K miles and runs superbly with no smoke, rattles or nasty noises. I sold the car on and kept the engine for another project, unfortunately due to new baby and other commitments I need to clear some stuff out. I intended to repaint the engine to get it looking smart, so a few months ago I removed the head, greased the bores to prevent any rust setting in..........and thats as far as i got.

Here's the spec:- (taken from MSPD build sheet which came with engine) when I used this engine it certainly went well, and I say the previous owners claims of around 100bhp at Flywheel could be fairly accurate. The engine was built and supplied new in Mid 2007.

A+ block
73.5mm Powermax pistons (1380cc) 10:1 compression
Crank, rods, flywheel lightened and balanced etc.
MSPD phase 3 cam
MSPD Stage 4 Trackday head (36x30mm) bronze guides, 180lb double springs
Duplex timing gear.
fully rebuilt gearbox with STD gears, STD drops, centre oil pick up 3:1 CWP
Uprated turbo clutch
in addition a minispares Evolution x pin diff was also fitted.

The engine comes with HIF44 and inlet manifold (custom needle fitted by ML motorsport)
Starter motor, alternator, Alloy rocker cover, pretty much everything except Dizzy.

Its sitting under my bench doing nothing, and just wants a good clean and repaint then head refitting!! I believe this complete engine box cost in the region of £2.5K new?

Any ideas??

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

5-600 with a dizzy and running...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users