27 replies to this topic

#1 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

I have been having a bunch of trouble with my brothers 95 SPi. This car has the large fuse panel (blade type) attached to the firewall. Nothing I look at has any info on these models. Hoping that someone has some manuals or info on these type of models? Maybe even just a labeled diagram of the fuses panel.

Anything would really help. Wiring is bad enough. Doing it blindly is even harder:-)

Oh, I am in the US which is why there is zero info on these shores.

Thanks all!!

#2 wassupcrew

wassupcrew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

here you go mate http://www.haynes.co...tegory_rn=10215 this is the manual to have for a mini. its got al the wiring diagrams in it as wel as all mechanical repair procedures

#3 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

here you go mate http://www.haynes.co...tegory_rn=10215 this is the manual to have for a mini. its got al the wiring diagrams in it as wel as all mechanical repair procedures

Unless they have changed this manual, they do not really cover the 95 specific. I have that manual. Thanks though

#4 L400RAS

L400RAS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Local Club: Lincolnshire Mini Owners Club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Unless they have changed this manual, they do not really cover the 95 specific. I have that manual. Thanks though

Hi mate,
Yes, that is the correct manual for your car, see wiring diagrams 19 onwards
Ryan

#5 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

It is my understanding that there are SPi models between 1995 and 1996(approx.) that do not follow any of the available diagrams.
These models have the 24 blade fuse box used in the post 96 cars, but are earlier cars.

The current version of the Haynes cover up X reg and covers pre-96 cars as well as MPI and export SPi, but the diagrams are similar to what is avaialble in Rover manual AKM7169ENG.

I have both manuals, but I will compare them again.

Terry

#6 dsgoody

dsgoody

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Local Club: Gert Lush Minis

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

I can back up the comments here. The Haynes manual covers both the early SPI's that still use the traditional 4way fusebox and the MPI (which I believe used the same wiring from start to finish). However, while it does cover the late SPI's (it even lists all of the fuses) it doesn't have it's wiring diagram.

The Rover Rave manual on the other hand also has diagrams for the MPI and a car it describes as a TBI (export single point I believe).

If anyone has a diagram for the late SPI's then I would like a copy, as I would find it useful troubleshooting other peoples problems.

Dave

#7 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

Makes more sense now. It figures these cars are totally different and impossible to find info on:-)

Could it be that I am actually glad I have a 94 with those ridiculous in-line glass fuses? haha!

#8 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

I did not realize that the earlier 'blue" Haynes had as many references to 24 fuse box. There are a couple of illustrations, but no mention of it in the diagram section.

That information is not in the current "blue" version-Mini (69 - 01) Petrol up to X. Is the older version even still available? I can't find it on the Haynes site.
The old "pinkish-purple" verion is available, but no other intermediate volumes - Mini (59 - 69) up to H Classic Reprint.

Terry

#9 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

give me your e-mail and i will send over wiring diagrams for your car all in colour think it has something like 50 different diagrams for various stuff

#10 Tomar2

Tomar2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Local Club: Nope

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

I know the haynes up to P reg has wiring diagrams for my SPI equinox. It had the 24 fuse box. Don't think it'd be different to your 95

#11 dsgoody

dsgoody

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Local Club: Gert Lush Minis

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

I did not realize that the earlier 'blue" Haynes had as many references to 24 fuse box. There are a couple of illustrations, but no mention of it in the diagram section.

That information is not in the current "blue" version-Mini (69 - 01) Petrol up to X. Is the older version even still available? I can't find it on the Haynes site.
The old "pinkish-purple" verion is available, but no other intermediate volumes - Mini (59 - 69) up to H Classic Reprint.

Terry

When I refer to the Haynes manual, I'm talking about the latest one that goes up to 2001. It doesn't have a diagram but does list all of the fuses at the start of the body electrical section (I am talking from memory, I don't have a copy in front of me), no diagram though. I don't know if it actually gives any how-to's in the body electrical section for the late SPi, I have never looked.

I don't think Haynes print any of the intermediate copies just the classic reprint (59 to 69 as you point out) and then the current one (69 to 01). A Google search shown me just how many intermediate copies there were, more than I thought. I searched form 90 onwards and found ones going to 91, 93, 94 and 96. I remember someone saying that the 94 edition (maybe even earlier ones too) told you how to rebuild your gearbox. Anyway, tangent over.

Dave.

#12 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Good to know. Might have to search out an older "to 96" or even a "to 94" for the extra bits of info. I do have a pretty good trans rebuild guide from one of the Mini mags. Still, always nice to have more:-)

#13 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

There is no wiring diagram for the 95 > as its the same diagram as <95. The only difference between the two, is that all the inline glass fuses are now part of the 24 way fuse box. The schematic is still the same :withstupid:

The Rave CD export TBi diagram is a cross between the MPi loom and the SPi loom and while the majority of it is imilar, there are areas where its completely different.

I hav never found an issue with using the 'SPi' wiring diagram, as long as you understand that the only difference is the fusing, and the circuits are described in the latest Haynes manual ;)

#14 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

There is no wiring diagram for the 95 > as its the same diagram as <95. The only difference between the two, is that all the inline glass fuses are now part of the 24 way fuse box. The schematic is still the same :D

The Rave CD export TBi diagram is a cross between the MPi loom and the SPi loom and while the majority of it is imilar, there are areas where its completely different.

I hav never found an issue with using the 'SPi' wiring diagram, as long as you understand that the only difference is the fusing, and the circuits are described in the latest Haynes manual :-

Ok, well that is where the problem is. I have tons of diagrams now. If the early SPi diagrams are the same except for the fuse panel, that is good.

Does anyone have a list of what each fuse goes to?

Also, what is the white/grey wire out of the ECU? I guess that is where this all started.

#15 deluxe_68

deluxe_68

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

give me your e-mail and i will send over wiring diagrams for your car all in colour think it has something like 50 different diagrams for various stuff

Thanks for the copy, very helpful.
Cheers Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users