1122 replies to this topic

#46 tinker7007

tinker7007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

The March Edition of MiniWorld is on sale tomorrow (I believe anyway - I've subscribed to the Magazine).

Here’s what they wrote:

The London and Surrey Mini Owners Club, world famous London to Brighton Mini Run takes place this year on the 16th May. The 2010 run will be a landmark in clubs history, as the L2B will be celebrating its 25th Anniversary. To make sure this is a run to remember, we are planning to have some special events and details of these will follow over the next few months, so keep a look out on the website www.london-to-brighton.co.uk and in MiniWorld.

Right to sum up the rest… It will start at Crystal Palace Park, here the mini owners will turn up to camp or just spend the day looking at Minis and enjoy the free entertainment which will be provided. Its from this part that the run starts on Sunday and everyone sets off to Brighton, along the A23.

When they arrive at Maderia Drive and park on the sea front, they’ll be met by an abundance of traders selling everything you could wish for.

There are also different stands you can enter your Mini in for (e.g. Show n’ Shine etc)

I think there is about 2000 places, clubs have already been allocated their tickets so now its just for us general public to fend for ourselves (its now on a first come first serve basis). Tickets are £30 which will give you a ticket and a "fantastic" run pack which includes a L2B T-shirt, Programme, Car Plaque, Run Sticker, Limited Edition L2B Autoglym car polish and lots more.

ohhh thank you so so much, i wonna go so much now. why am i not in a club??

thank you xxxxxx

#47 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

ohhh thank you so so much, i wonna go so much now. why am i not in a club??

thank you xxxxxx

If your're part of the LSMOC then the tickets are £5 cheaper (and your're probably guaranted a ticket) but I'm not sure how much it is to join.

Roo had a few tickets left over from her club but they sold out within hours I think... MiniWorld it is :D

#48 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

last year was my first ever london to brighton, i was driving on my provisional licence and my car got its MOT on the tuesday before the run

dont worry about it, just send off your application asap then go for it and enjoy yourself

who are you going with? and why is it that your nervous?

#49 tinker7007

tinker7007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

last year was my first ever london to brighton, i was driving on my provisional licence and my car got its MOT on the tuesday before the run

dont worry about it, just send off your application asap then go for it and enjoy yourself

who are you going with? and why is it that your nervous?

k it will all b fine im sure lol

i really really wonna go now ive started thinking aout it.
im planning on going with 2 friends. bit nervous as i dont really drive far and never on really main roads.
cant wait for it though, gonna be amazing xx

thanks adam x

#50 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

k it will all b fine im sure lol

i really really wonna go now ive started thinking aout it.
im planning on going with 2 friends. bit nervous as i dont really drive far and never on really main roads.
cant wait for it though, gonna be amazing xx

thanks adam x

IF the Mini is all up and running by then I'll be joining a few lads from this way if you want to tag along? Theres a few people up in Colchester too so I doubt you'll be alone. :D

#51 tinker7007

tinker7007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

IF the Mini is all up and running by then I'll be joining a few lads from this way if you want to tag along? Theres a few people up in Colchester too so I doubt you'll be alone. :D
[/quote]

thats really nice of you thanks. xx

#52 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

im going but through sheffield mini club

#53 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

You'll find when it gets closer to the time people will start arranging convoys and meet up points.

I will be doing so for the 4th Year running.

I normally do a TMF meet up point either just off the M40 at High Wycombe or Just off the M4 at Reading.

I don't know what the camping situation will be like this year. I will find out. Last year as it was so busy they were parking you up as you came in. Previous years it had been a free for all (this made it easier on the clubs to rally people up to camp together)

If it is a free for all I am sure something will be organised for TMFers to camp together. If its not a free for all it will be a case of organise a meet up before you go in to be able to camp together.

Good luck in getting your ticket. Get your application sent off ASAP!

Roo

#54 tinker7007

tinker7007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

You'll find when it gets closer to the time people will start arranging convoys and meet up points.

I will be doing so for the 4th Year running.

I normally do a TMF meet up point either just off the M40 at High Wycombe or Just off the M4 at Reading.

I don't know what the camping situation will be like this year. I will find out. Last year as it was so busy they were parking you up as you came in. Previous years it had been a free for all (this made it easier on the clubs to rally people up to camp together)

If it is a free for all I am sure something will be organised for TMFers to camp together. If its not a free for all it will be a case of organise a meet up before you go in to be able to camp together.

Good luck in getting your ticket. Get your application sent off ASAP!

Roo

im goin the shop first thing, then to my mums to borrow her cheque book lol
thanks xx

#55 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

hey guys,

has anyone got a form i can have? or will i have to buy miniworld! :withstupid:

i would pay postage of course

thanks

ian

#56 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

hey guys,

thanks

ian

You're not allowed to send in Photo Copies so I'd think you'd have to buy your own MiniWorld...

Unless someone had an issue and isn't going?

#57 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

hey guys,

thanks

ian

You're not allowed to send in Photo Copies so I'd think you'd have to buy your own MiniWorld...

Unless someone had an issue and isn't going?

yeah i realise, fortunatly for me last year a nice memer snet me the for mthey didn't want to use!

thanks!

#58 floydrob

floydrob

Mini Mad

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

i'll be there in the GT with my local club :D (if i can mot it :S

#59 Kimberley x

Kimberley x

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Local Club: Small 'n' Mighty Minis

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:51 AM

Picked our magazines up earlier, will fill them out tonight and get them posted off

Kimberley x

#60 tomdale86

tomdale86

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local Club: k

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

got my ticket sent off yday! fingers crossed :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users