1122 replies to this topic

#1096 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

it is ridiculous how people start putting cars in the que at like 1 am!

I dont blame them to be honest....i live 20 mins away, but if i camped there. i would too

#1097 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

Previously known as Barspeed

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Local Club: Cowley Convoy BL Car Club

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

Something needs doing about it, for starters it put off many people in the lower camping area which is why many of them, including me didnt que and left early.

Im sure if the LSMOC want to continue doing the L2B they will have to ensure the local council that 250 cars wont be moving around all at the same time to join a que at 1am...?

#1098 Miniature

Miniature

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

This will be the first year that I can join the L2B run! I am very excited! I am also a bit of a n00b with this though as I have not been involved any of the other years. Do we have a date for 2011 yet? I will have to polish little Lily up before she goes for her first big mini event. Can you get tickets for L2B from the mini forum?

#1099 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

This will be the first year that I can join the L2B run! I am very excited! I am also a bit of a n00b with this though as I have not been involved any of the other years. Do we have a date for 2011 yet? I will have to polish little Lily up before she goes for her first big mini event. Can you get tickets for L2B from the mini forum?

From memory it's Sunday 15th May 2011, I believe!

#1100 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm sure if the LSMOC want to continue doing the L2B they will have to ensure the local council that 250 cars wont be moving around all at the same time to join a que at 1am...?

I first did the run in 2000 & back then campers were putting their cars in line in the very early hours and appear to have been doing so ever since. So it would seem that Croyden Borough Council haven't had an issue with it for at least a decade, so I'm not so sure that they are going to start caring about it now!

I do agree that it's very annoying though, you finally fall asleep having been kept awake for hours by other drunk, noisy & inconsiderate campers, only to be woken by the sound of a whole load of A series engines firing up and the blinding light of headlights coming through your tent as people head for the line up! I'm actually quite surprised that there has never been a serious accident, after all laying down in a dark field protected only by a thin sheet of canvas, whilst cars driven by intoxicated and sleep fatigued drivers pass inches from you, does sound like a recipe for disaster!

#1101 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

I'm sure if the LSMOC want to continue doing the L2B they will have to ensure the local council that 250 cars wont be moving around all at the same time to join a que at 1am...?

I do agree that it's very annoying though, you finally fall asleep having been kept awake for hours by other drunk, noisy & inconsiderate campers, only to be woken by the sound of a whole load of A series engines firing up and the blinding light of headlights coming through your tent as people head for the line up! I'm actually quite surprised that there has never been a serious accident, after all laying down in a dark field protected only by a thin sheet of canvas, whilst cars driven by intoxicated and sleep fatigued drivers pass inches from you, does sound like a recipe for disaster!

Who is responsible for public liability, Local Authority or LSMOC? Who is responsible to ensure the safety of people lying on ground in a designated camping area....?

#1102 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

I dont blame them to be honest....i live 20 mins away,

All staying at your place next year then, cheers mate ;)

#1103 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Who is responsible for public liability, Local Authority or LSMOC? Who is responsible to ensure the safety of people lying on ground in a designated camping area....?

I'm guessing it would be LSMOC. Generally the event organiser will be obliged to provide 3rd party liability insurance and even security & 1st aid cover if the event is above a certain size! I doubt the local authority would be accountable, because the crystal palace end is after all a ticket only event and therefore technically a private function. If the camping was sub contracted to Croyden Borough Council and they were operating and managing a designated camping facility on the crystal palace site then it might be different, but as they are effectively only providing an empty field with no on-site presence, then I can't see it being down to them!

#1104 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm guessing it would be LSMOC. Generally the event organiser will be obliged to provide 3rd party liability insurance and even security & 1st aid cover if the event is above a certain size! I doubt the local authority would be accountable, because the crystal palace end is after all a ticket only event and therefore technically a private function. If the camping was sub contracted to Croyden Borough Council and they were operating and managing a designated camping facility on the crystal palace site then it might be different, but as they are effectively only providing an empty field with no on-site presence, then I can't see it being down to them!

So Lsmoc do have a responsibity to ensure the safety of campers. In my opinion the only way to prevent early morning queing is to have a no vehicle movement policy after a designated time and strictly enforce it. The que should also be effectively a sterile no mini area until an appropriate time.

#1105 ministar

ministar

you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

[/quote] only to be woken by the sound of a whole load of A series engines firing up and the blinding light of headlights coming through your tent as people head for the line up![/quote]

The sound of so many A-series minis starting up about the same time was something I will never forget. I can't wait :lol:

#1106 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

The sound of so many A-series minis starting up about the same time was something I will never forget. I can't wait :)

I don't disagree, but there is a time & a place for everything.... and dare I say a time such as 6am might be a bit more respectable! (not to mention safer!)

#1107 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

So Lsmoc do have a responsibity to ensure the safety of campers.

Well I certainly believe that to be the case yes!

So Lsmoc do have a responsibity to ensure the safety of campers. In my opinion the only way to prevent early morning queing is to have a no vehicle movement policy after a designated time and strictly enforce it. The que should also be effectively a sterile no mini area until an appropriate time.

If you feel strongly about it, why not write to or email the organisers at LSMOC with your comments/concerns and ask for their feedback?

#1108 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:01 AM

So Lsmoc do have a responsibity to ensure the safety of campers.

Well I certainly believe that to be the case yes!

If you feel strongly about it, why not write to or email the organisers at LSMOC with your comments/concerns and ask for their feedback?

I might well do, I wont be camping next year I think because of the way the event was organised this year.

#1109 ministar

ministar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

The sound of so many A-series minis starting up about the same time was something I will never forget. I can't wait :errr:

I don't disagree, but there is a time & a place for everything.... and dare I say a time such as 6am might be a bit more respectable! (not to mention safer!)

True. I wasn't having a go. It really did hurt getting up to move my car after i'd only being in bed for an hour! (when i say bed i mean sleeping bag lol) It is rather dangerous moving cars around tents after seeing how much people drunk last year. :)

#1110 ministar

ministar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

The sound of so many A-series minis starting up about the same time was something I will never forget. I can't wait :errr:

True. I wasn't having a go. It really did hurt getting up to move my car after i'd only being in bed for an hour! (when i say bed i mean sleeping bag lol) It is rather dangerous moving cars around tents after seeing how much people drunk last year. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users