#1111 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

Previously known as Barspeed

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Local Club: Cowley Convoy BL Car Club

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

The sound of so many A-series minis starting up about the same time was something I will never forget. I can't wait :thumbsup:

I don't disagree, but there is a time & a place for everything.... and dare I say a time such as 6am might be a bit more respectable! (not to mention safer!)

True. I wasn't having a go. It really did hurt getting up to move my car after i'd only being in bed for an hour! (when i say bed i mean sleeping bag lol) It is rather dangerous moving cars around tents after seeing how much people drunk last year. >_<

In addition to what Ive already said, people are taking a huge risk in moving cars after a long evening and night session. The police would be within thier rights to stop any moving vehicle and breathalise the driver and check if they are the insured driver. Many years ago at Southern Mini Days a woman that had consumed a large amount of alcohol scaled a tank next to the hop farm (army tank) and then fell off it sustaining some injuries, of course she was responsible for her own actions but accidents happen and if a drunk person got in a car in the middle of night to move it, goodness knows what damage might follow. I say - no vehicle movement at all between say 9pm and 7am.

#1112 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

true
but then at 7 it would be abit of a manic dash to q up
can see accidents happening

#1113 stevedx

stevedx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Local Club: brighton mini club

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

I dont know why they dont just open up the registering tents for you to collect you plaques and packs on the saturday afternoon/evening, then it will eliminate the rush and the mental queues in the morning.

#1114 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

In addition to what Ive already said, people are taking a huge risk in moving cars after a long evening and night session. The police would be within thier rights to stop any moving vehicle and breathalise the driver and check if they are the insured driver.

I'm pretty sure that the police would not have any jurisdiction with regard to road traffic laws (i.e. drink driving) for cars used within crystal palace during L2B. In legal terms a road is a road (& therefore road traffic law is only applicable & enforceable) where the public have open vehicular access to it (i.e a supermarket car park is a legally a road despite it being on private property, as the public have open access to it). But during L2B Crystal Palace is only open to ticket holders, the general public cannot just drive in uninvited and therefore they do not have open access to it. I think it that it would therefore cease to legally be considered to be a road and road traffic law would probably not apply.

That said, it doesn't stop the practice of driving uninsured & under the influence from being extremely dangerous & irresponsible! It also doesn't mean that they would not be prosecuted for other "non road traffic offences" should an accident/injury occur!

#1115 ministar

ministar

you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

I dont know why they dont just open up the registering tents for you to collect you plaques and packs on the saturday afternoon/evening, then it will eliminate the rush and the mental queues in the morning.

Noone (or not as many) people will end up camping if this is the case unfortunately. They will pick up the packs, find a cheap travel lodge on the way to brighton and join the convoy at some point on route. I would be interested how the landrover L2B is done regarding run packs and plaques etc. Do they camp like us mad mini owners?

Edited by ministar, 22 October 2010 - 05:18 PM.

#1116 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

hmm wont be camping next year ill arrive in the morning with a coffee >_<

#1117 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Is there anything to actually stop you leaving your car on the road outside crystal palace on the morning of the run, walking in to pick up your run pack & then leaving again without actually putting your car in the 6 hour que inside??

#1118 Miniphernalia.co.uk

Miniphernalia.co.uk

Previously known as Barspeed

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Local Club: Cowley Convoy BL Car Club

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

Is there anything to actually stop you leaving your car on the road outside crystal palace on the morning of the run, walking in to pick up your run pack & then leaving again without actually putting your car in the 6 hour que inside??

I did that for several years, parking on the road, popping in to the que for plaques (when it wasnt a mile long) and pop to the car, get breakfast down the road and have a gentle drive to Brighton. Its only more recently ive been staying in, and then in the concours area which is the first to go usualy. I was on crutches the other year and the organisers and other runners allowed me to jump the que which was very kind...

#1119 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Next year I'm considering not bothering with Brighton at all. By the time we have left CP (which is normally well after 11), and get to brighton there really isn't that much to entertain us. After spending the morning standing around looking at minis, and getting to Brighton to see mostly the same cars again is pretty samey >_<. The trade stands have never been anything to shout about either IMO, and to make matters worse we are usually parked right down the end, as far away from the show as physically possible!.

Don't get me wrong, Crystal Palace side of it is always a good laugh, and the big screen has given people something to do other than getting smashed (which happens anyway), and the run down to brighton is brilliant as well. I just don't think its actually worth it when you get there!

#1120 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

Next year I'm considering not bothering with Brighton at all. By the time we have left CP (which is normally well after 11), and get to brighton there really isn't that much to entertain us. After spending the morning standing around looking at minis, and getting to Brighton to see mostly the same cars again is pretty samey >_<. The trade stands have never been anything to shout about either IMO, and to make matters worse we are usually parked right down the end, as far away from the show as physically possible!.

Don't get me wrong, Crystal Palace side of it is always a good laugh, and the big screen has given people something to do other than getting smashed (which happens anyway), and the run down to brighton is brilliant as well. I just don't think its actually worth it when you get there!

glad i did it this year, but yeah the getting to brighton was effort, i don't even remember how long we were in the que to get out of CP for, we did cover the car behind us in oil though :thumbsup: and of course the antics of craig the night before made an interesting night hahaha.
wouldnt mind doing it again tbf but yeah avoid the brighton part altogether.

#1121 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Haha, lets admit it guys... 2010 L2b would have been a steamy pile of cat sh*t if i hadn't got absolutely paraleticly off my face and entertained you all... NEVER again. :xxx:

I wait all year for those few Mini weekends so i like to make them go on for aslong as possible, If Brighton disapoints then so be it, but at least there's Minis :D

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 23 October 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#1122 stevedx

stevedx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Local Club: brighton mini club

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

wouldnt mind doing it again tbf but yeah avoid the brighton part altogether.

I cant miss the brighton bit unfortunately, as I live there LOL

#1123 joewb

joewb

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

http://l2b2007.yuku....gins-again.html
thought people might be interested in this link about 2011!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users