25 replies to this topic

#16 marcsrustymini

marcsrustymini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

Well i have just got my first set of results back from using my iPhone app (Gas Cubby)

On my last fill up i averaged at 38.6 mpg!!

Thats not bad, im sure i could easily get 40 out of him if i really tried.

#17 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

The last time i monitored it, which was around 6 months ago, i was averaging about 41mpg. After i had a tiny accident in January '09 my driving style changed dramatically. When i first started driving i was getting about 30mpg! :D

#18 JakeJakeJake

JakeJakeJake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Getting 14 Mpg with a 1400 engine, fastroad/rally cam, "stage 2/3" head, hiff44 :(

worth every penny though :D

#19 MarkGTT

MarkGTT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Getting 14 Mpg with a 1400 engine, fastroad/rally cam, "stage 2/3" head, hiff44 :(

you should be getting a bit more than that i think.. has it been set up on the rollers?

#20 marcsrustymini

marcsrustymini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

Think i will stick with my 38.6!!

Aiming to get it over 40!

#21 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

i went to the lake district for the weekend once and on the way there, i filled up as i set off. when i got there thought id top it up again and it would only fit £8 in there (about 8Litres)
thats 150 on £8

its never done it sinse tho, my car seems to drink it most of the time, especially in the cold weather.

how much was the app ?

#22 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

just downloaded the road trip app, (the lite one because im a tight git)
ill post up the stats on here when i start using my car again. just realised after i downloaded it that shes broken so i cant go anywhere anyway

#23 marcsrustymini

marcsrustymini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

i went to the lake district for the weekend once and on the way there, i filled up as i set off. when i got there thought id top it up again and it would only fit £8 in there (about 8Litres)
thats 150 on £8

its never done it sinse tho, my car seems to drink it most of the time, especially in the cold weather.

how much was the app ?

Wow!

My BMW seems to drink it, thats why im so keen to use the Mini for work etc.

The app was £3.99 - which is pricey for an app - but i read up on it, and everyone said it was the best, and i think i agree. You can make it really simple, or really detailed. And it also monitors you servicing which i like. Im going to keep using it.

#24 marcsrustymini

marcsrustymini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

just downloaded the road trip app, (the lite one because im a tight git)
ill post up the stats on here when i start using my car again. just realised after i downloaded it that shes broken so i cant go anywhere anyway

Here are a few pictures from my app. The thing i like, is that you can customise the service item tags - eg Spark plugs, Oil Filter etc. This means i can look back and see what i fitted and when!

#25 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

My car is an early, bored out 1275 with dual HS2s and a Swiftune SW5 cam. I drive strictly around town, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. On my last fill up I averaged 23 MPG (U.S. Gallons). In Imperial gallons that would be about 29 MPG. It's not great but I'm OK with that considering how and when I use my car.

Minis are fairly rare over here and attract a lot of attention. Almost every time I am at a gas station filling up someone has to comment about my car. Part of the conversation always involves the other person saying "Boy... I bet that thing gets a million miles per gallon". Each time I have to politely explain that, "no, it doesn't get great gas mileage compared to today's cars but it gets great gas mileage when you compare it to other cars built in 1964".

#26 JakeJakeJake

JakeJakeJake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

Getting 14 Mpg with a 1400 engine, fastroad/rally cam, "stage 2/3" head, hiff44 :unsure:

you should be getting a bit more than that i think.. has it been set up on the rollers?

Yeh should be getting more, does need setting up idle is terrible aswell. Will get it tuned when I have some spare time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users