Photo

Would Anyone Use This?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: 360 viewer, is it worth it? (179 member(s) have cast votes)

should I make this application like pugmodder for the mini, or give it a 360 viewer?

1. keep it like pugmodder (27 votes [15.08%])

Percentage of vote: 15.08%

2. give it a 360 viewer (152 votes [84.92%])

Percentage of vote: 84.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Pending

Pending

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

if it turns out like that pugmodder, then this will become OUR new bible

to make it like pugmodder, would be fairly simple. but what about the ability to spin your modified mini around 360 to be able to see it from every angle? do people care about this? or would people just want to see it from a few different angles?

the 360 view would be sweet, i just ment the idea, i've never seen the pug thing before and had a 5 minute play,

#17 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

There was a site called Dubmodder which used to do a similar thing to PugModder although they started charging people to use the full version!

#18 Clubby 73

Clubby 73

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Local Club: Looking for ones in Bucks

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

This sounds amazing, i would definitely use this when the clubby front is on it! )well probably when standard as well for my mums)
i think the 360 thing is genius you should deffo do it, would get a view from every possible angle which would be better than just front back and side :(
Hope my input is useful to you, if not then ignore me :(
Luke

#19 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

360 would be cool but could you make 1 like pugmodder now an carry on editing it so that people could start using this sort of thing straight away as im in desprate need of somthing like this as i did put a post in the digitel section for some1 to edit a picture for me but so far onli had 1 repli an wanted to do a few colours

#20 England_expects

England_expects

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Local Club: A-Serious & BOGMOG

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Brilliant Idea you've got some good feedback already However you do it PLEASE make it simple to use some of us still remember 2H/HB pencils and 2D CAD !!!!
Best of British with it!!!!!!!

#21 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

so far the feedback is great, im just working out exactly what to do. Quick note, at no point would i dream of charging for this service, once Im going to make a quick model of the mini and upload it as a few pictures for everyone to get a good look at and tell me if they are detailed enough, should be done soonish with any luck

#22 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Brilliant Idea you've got some good feedback already However you do it PLEASE make it simple to use some of us still remember 2H/HB pencils and 2D CAD !!!!
Best of British with it!!!!!!!

One of my modules is Human computer interfaces so im taking specific care to make it really easy to use. :(

#23 England_expects

England_expects

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Local Club: A-Serious & BOGMOG

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Good lad!!!! When it comes to computing some of us are slow learners!!

#24 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hang on... Would making a 360 be a lot more work?

If I can remember correctly DubModder had a feature where you could customise the front (as you do in PugModder), then by clicking on an image of the rear end it would bring up a picture of the rear end where you could modify that too.

Just wondering if it would be easier for you?

#25 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

Hang on... Would making a 360 be a lot more work?

If I can remember correctly DubModder had a feature where you could customise the front (as you do in PugModder), then by clicking on an image of the rear end it would bring up a picture of the rear end where you could modify that too.

Just wondering if it would be easier for you?

As far as easy is concerned, yes it would be much easier to allow users to look at it from a front, back side and 3/4 profile view, but what i want to create is something perfect, if that means a little more work then so be it.

#26 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

As far as easy is concerned, yes it would be much easier to allow users to look at it from a front, back side and 3/4 profile view, but what i want to create is something perfect, if that means a little more work then so be it.

Ahh if your willing, I say go for it! :(

Keep us updated on your progress (I'm happy to do some testing if you need :()

#27 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

this is probably the best idea ever! will be deffinantly looking forward to it once its finished!! it will be so useful.. whats the timescale on this?

#28 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

this is probably the best idea ever! will be deffinantly looking forward to it once its finished!! it will be so useful.. whats the timescale on this?

Not sure of the time scale at the moment, hoping it wont be too long. Im going to break the entire project down into stages and just upload what i have for everyone to have a play with as I progress. Im fitting the entire thing in around my other uni work but as long as i can get the models made to a good level fairly swiftly the whole thing should procceed swiftly...

#29 Jet_black

Jet_black

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

What are you using to make this? Flash?

#30 shedonwheels

shedonwheels

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

...... If the system gets good response from people I might do an interior version to compliment the exterior.

This would be fantastic!! I think it's more important than being able to see under the bonnet in detail. You could work with companies like Retro Retrims and Newton Commercial on their sites and get a tiny percentage of sales? For me the interior of a mini is what makes it...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users