Photo

Would Anyone Use This?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: 360 viewer, is it worth it? (179 member(s) have cast votes)

should I make this application like pugmodder for the mini, or give it a 360 viewer?

1. keep it like pugmodder (27 votes [15.08%])

Percentage of vote: 15.08%

2. give it a 360 viewer (152 votes [84.92%])

Percentage of vote: 84.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

...... If the system gets good response from people I might do an interior version to compliment the exterior.

This would be fantastic!! I think it's more important than being able to see under the bonnet in detail. You could work with companies like Retro Retrims and Newton Commercial on their sites and get a tiny percentage of sales? For me the interior of a mini is what makes it...

Hey, like i said initially im going to build an exterior version, followed by an interior and under bonnet version. from then on I have been working on how to take the project even further. Havent been able to pin down a timeframe for this yet but Im hoping I can get something functional up within a month

#32 Louise

Louise

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

I think this is a brilliant idea and would be widley used by a lot of people for many reasons.... how many times do we all want to make a quick mock up of a design to see what it would look like, if we can visualise it ourselves!

Good work strugglingstudent I think you might be onto a winner here. :lol:

#33 zeppiddy

zeppiddy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area M O

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hello... Where were you a couple of years ago.. I was searching the net for exactly this! The 360 rotation is a very good idea. Will this be on a spinning rotate? Then the people that still like the 2D can see from side or ends. Will this also incorperate things like body kits? Also detailing into things like body kits? (example - different styles of exhaust exiting in different places). I believe this is a very good idea, and wish you all the best with it.
Paul

#34 mini_stella

mini_stella

Has A Lovely Sandy Bottom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

Just had a thought, but prehaps it has all ready been covered, but I was wondering if you were thinking of maybe including the interior changes, or are you just thinking exterior change??

#35 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hello... Where were you a couple of years ago.. I was searching the net for exactly this! The 360 rotation is a very good idea. Will this be on a spinning rotate? Then the people that still like the 2D can see from side or ends. Will this also incorperate things like body kits? Also detailing into things like body kits? (example - different styles of exhaust exiting in different places). I believe this is a very good idea, and wish you all the best with it.
Paul

This application will hopefully encompass everything you could possibly customise or change on a mini. inside and out. I am currently modelling the entire car, (with some degree of difficulty) and hoping to work with suppliers of mini parts in order to showcase a complete range of customisations including bodykits. This will also have what you are looking for in terms of different exhaust placements, As soon as the models are made i will be asking everyone on the forums to help me create a list of everything you can customise/mod on the exterior of the mini. Thanks for your comment

#36 Joester

Joester

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

Get. This. Done.

It will be brilliant and it is a brilliant idea.

#37 Gooders

Gooders

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

I think that would be awsum, its a great idea and can't wait to use it :)

How long will it take you?

#38 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

I think that would be awsum, its a great idea and can't wait to use it :)

How long will it take you?

At the moment im not really sure how long, Will have some prototypes up tonight for the modelling for everyone to review and stuff, then after that ill get cracking with the rest of the modelling and after that start building the application. The modelling is by far the most labour intensive part of the project and once i have that done I will be able to give a definitive answer on when this will be finished

#39 Timmy Clubman

Timmy Clubman

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: I've never seen the point

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

If you do 360 degrees then great, but if you do it pug modder style you should do a veiw for the back aswell to see our de-bumer/moved no-plate lights/revesing lamps ect

#40 tomgale

tomgale

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

this is a brilliant idea, it would become as widely recognised as the mini resource 2d ones everyone has in their signiture! would be brilliant for mocking up some ideas quickly! :) do it!

#41 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

If you do 360 degrees then great, but if you do it pug modder style you should do a veiw for the back aswell to see our de-bumer/moved no-plate lights/revesing lamps ect

So far the idea is to do a similar thing to pugmodder, but give a front, side, back and 3/4 view for people to see things fairly easily. whilst doing this i will be creating the 360 application in parrallel, so with any luck the initial format wont be staying for too long, but it depends entirely on user demand, if thats the way people like it thats the way itll stay. thanks for your post

#42 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

So ill be putting up the base model i have made in a few hours, but im looking at the actual application itself at the moment. So would anyone like to venture a list of features they would like to see. ill start you off with a few and then if you want to add some can you quote my post in some way so that i can build up a comprehensive list

Features to include:
1. 4 different views to see your design
2. Ability to save an image of completed modifications
3. Ability to purchase modelled modifications??
4. Potential to create, save and showoff the models you have made in some form of online garage maybe?

#43 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

so here are some initial renders I took tonight. I am aware that certain aspects have been left out, massive space in the place where headlamps would go, petrol cap and front grille. but on the whole. do the models look correct?

Attached Files

#44 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:13 AM

Looks pretty good to me. A damn site better than the majority of the forum would be willing to achieve. That does look good.

How will you be making this app available to everyone, as flash? or a downloadable exe.?

#45 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

Looks pretty good to me. A damn site better than the majority of the forum would be willing to achieve. That does look good.

How will you be making this app available to everyone, as flash? or a downloadable exe.?

The app will be available for everyone to use via the internet, I might be tempted to make it downloadable so people can use the application standalone but if the majority of people have broadband I dont know how beneficial it would be to download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users