298 replies to this topic

#46 Louise

Louise

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

Ill be starting from the south side, going from the M180 onto the A15 then driving up to it....

there is another way round without going over the bridge first but itll take an age....
the toll fees arent much so im sure which ever side of the bridge we decide to meet on.. people wont mind paying toll twice of they have to...itll be worth it :D you never know they might even do a 'group discount' of some variety if we asked nicely! :lol:

#47 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

ill definatly go if it doesnt clash with another mini show

im getting quite excited about this, has anybody got in touch with the controller people there?

#48 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Ill be starting from the south side, going from the M180 onto the A15 then driving up to it....

there is another way round without going over the bridge first but itll take an age....
the toll fees arent much so im sure which ever side of the bridge we decide to meet on.. people wont mind paying toll twice of they have to...itll be worth it :thumbsup: you never know they might even do a 'group discount' of some variety if we asked nicely! :-

Mini's should be free, they dont even weigh half that of a normal car, so cant posibly cause any wear or damage to the birdge :errr:

#49 sheddd

sheddd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Local Club: www.LCMOC.com

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

haha if you hitch all minis up with a very loose rope and go across, it's classed as one car, towing, and thats 6:50 i think haha xD.

think best off meeting on the north side at the view under the bridge, that way we can get everyone and convoy up to bridge and across then turn around and come back over?!
but then if anyone knows meeting points on the south side im open to suggestions lol.

#50 sheddd

sheddd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

right guys, been talking to the wonderful girlfriend of mine and she
reminded me that her auntie work's for the laura crane trust so i shall be having a chat with her and
will see about making it a charity run and what not too :dontgetit:

cheers :D

#51 Louise

Louise

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

haha if you hitch all minis up with a very loose rope and go across, it's classed as one car, towing, and thats 6:50 i think haha xD.

think best off meeting on the north side at the view under the bridge, that way we can get everyone and convoy up to bridge and across then turn around and come back over?!
but then if anyone knows meeting points on the south side im open to suggestions lol.

one other thing is... we will all get delayed and split up a bit at the toll either going on the bridge or coming off of it... so which one would make the most difference?

#52 mini7shaz

mini7shaz

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

Right, as title says realy lol.
just wondering if it been done before,
as like, humber bridge, major milestone for bridges the world let alone the uk.
so major icon in the england font
along with the mini.
sooo me and a freindddd and etc was wonderign how many people would
actually be interested in a rather big mini convoy accross it and what not?
:D

Hi I would be up for that what date are you looking at. :dontgetit:

#53 sheddd

sheddd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

as for breaking up, yes, they may well be, but thers a round about up ahead and another car park we can regroup and drive on.

not sure on dates as to yet.

going to see somone about helping organising it as a charity event and what not this weekend as im away most of the week :lol:

#54 adam_mini

adam_mini

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

I dont have a mini anymore but i will come watch etc as i only live about 10 miles from barton (south side of the bridge) :lol:

#55 steelelfc

steelelfc

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

toll is 2.70 for cars & Vans at the mo, the robbing *gits*. My lass's grandads got a Burstner 6 wheeler camper, its £2.70 for him, same as any other car!

#56 MINI in Black

MINI in Black

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

i'm well up for this. I have posted this on lcmoc.com too ;) also i have really good connections in the cystic fibrosis trust who could really help you organise this, would be really great if this charity was picked as it is very important to me (as i have it) or have several charity's that will benefit from this great idea.

#57 sheddd

sheddd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

laura crane trust said there willing to too.
had go ahead from the head herself and she would like to see me woop lol.
but yeah.
how shall we get the donations?
charge per car? per person?
sponser forms?
donations?
or what?
i have no idea?!
also you think getting some little car stickers made to buy for people taking part and what not would be a good idea too?

#58 david@skeggyminis

david@skeggyminis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

the sale oh run placks always a good idea

#59 sheddd

sheddd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

beats me to be honest,
think i may have some words with roofless see what he can do lol ;)
or any oone else that knows of sumone that can make stickers/vynils and what not?

#60 Louise

Louise

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:09 AM

I think if its a definate on the charity front, get a few more details in place... dates, rough numbers of participants etc. Im sure some charity events set up an online donation do dah, so that might be an idea, and could always then contact local news- im sure calender would be an idea to get some coverage... then the general public may make donations etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users