427 replies to this topic

#1 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Finally after almost 3 months of trying to get her the wait is now over!! She is finally here ! packed with lots of goodies !!!!!!!

Posted Image

So this was one of the only photos i actually had of her for a while, but we have had alot of work since then, such making the dammed garage!

but o well ! she is here and that is all that counts !

Posted Image

Rear of the Pickup :D

Posted Image

First time she has seen daylight in 3 years (sore eyes) :dontgetit:

Posted Image

Loaded up ready for transportation Nearly home !!!! :P

Posted Image

Austin Cooper Wheels me thinks :ermm: :errr: :crazy: maybe

Posted Image

below is a photo of us coming down the lane ( us = me and jason brother) look at the smile on my face !!!!! :w00t:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now she was offloaded we i then put her in the garage just to double check the measurments

Posted Image

they were ok :w00t: :w00t:

Posted Image

What also came with her

• brand new front sub frame with new hi-lo's and adjustable arms,
  • a box was a full set of poly bushes,
  • metro 4 pot calipers
  • brand new Spax shock absorbers (rears already on ),
  • a KAD quickshift, a
  • Twin weber 45 dcoe carb, a weber 32 carb ! (never seen of this before),
  • Orginal Doors and seat belts, think they will be coming out ! (although the slidie glass is missing from one)
  • Full set of austin cooper Alloys
  • Spare pannels- both offside and nearside floor pan, scuttle, bonnet, rear windscreen,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Weber 45 coulduse some love and a rebuild i think :ermm:

Now theres not much rsut on her but i will try to show as best as i can

Posted Image

this is in the pillar just behind the drivers seat dont really know how to describe it !

Posted Image

little bit again behind drivers side on bed pan

Posted Image

little hole in bulkhead behind passenger door

Posted Image

Drivers side door

Posted Image

a panel drivers side door

now thats all the rust there is !!!!

TADA!!!

Crazirob!!!! :genius: :w00t:

#2 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Nice mate!

#3 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Liking the look of this already.

Whats your plans for it?

#4 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

Looks pretty solid for a project pick up.

#5 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Well pretty standard, on 10's lowered.

Some sort of classic bucket seats, Classic Centre Pod modification, possibly smiths dials or may even try for the Racetech dials :dontgetit:

colours are the main problem !

I either have the idea of Speedwell Blue body and Old English White roof + engine bay, or i go with very similar ford colour whih i really like which are Lagoon blue and Ermine white,

Engine wise i have a 1275 engine, which i plan to build up, :P
And also ex autograsser engine used to be best in class when raced ( proberly need rebuilding !) but this will be the engine that i muck around with firstly !

Also i am tempted to by a mini roof and use it as a bed cover for the pickup so that is is slightly round rather than havin a cover have a Roof. :D

#6 stewart

stewart

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Really nice that is!! Think it just pipped mine to the post on the bodywork side of things tho :D

#7 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Well after todays Fun experience i am going to trying to make the front subframe up, i.e do the brake assembly and try and get it rolling by the weekend !!

how difficult it will be i dont know lol

#8 minimuff

minimuff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

Very nice, good luck with her.

keep posting the pictures.

#9 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

so first things first i decided to attack the engine bay ! so i went to halfords brought a wire wheel brush to go on my grinder 2.5 litres of red oxide paint from tool station for £8.74 and some white primer paint.

yesterday i started to attack it! mwahah ! rust here i come ! >:(

The first job i had to do was to remove eveything from the engine bay, main problem being the old master cylinder was still on and wouldnt budge, after a quick shout on here i was given the awnser and it was all resolved, clevis pins out, pedals out, cylinders out. i then started to sand and after about 1 hours of grinding (sanding) i had this.

Posted Image

majoraty done but i had to get under the scuttle with sand paper and my hand ! :cry: LONG !

Posted Image

this is the state it was in, i sanded down everything so there was no surface rust and i then used a halfords paint preporation wipe to get ready for the Red oxide paint.

Posted Image

i no its running down the undersealer, but i will redo this.

whilst the paint was drying i tidyed out the cabin, which was full of paper shreddings due to the mouse that had made its home in it.
so i managed to take out the seat belts, that is it, i came up for a coffee and got writing on here, so i will go down now finish of the cabin, and then prime the bay for tommorow,

should i do 2 coats of red oxide ????

Cheers Robbie >_< :o

#10 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

WoW were did you find that its in a brillliant condition ....My mate's just bought a total rust bucket for £500 nearly every palel is rusty...........you lucky chap........... >_<

#11 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thankyou ! she is a beauty but the price was a steal >_<,

im still unsure about the Red oxide can anyone help me ? 1 coat ( slopped on but neatly) should i do another ?

tommorow i will try to get rid of this under sealer, what is the best way ? heat it and scrape ? or paint stripper ?

advice please Mini fan's! :o

#12 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

pickup looks in really good shape, im hoping to buy one of those minus shells tho, loved them ever since they first showed pictures of them
good luck with the build, keep the updates and pictures coming

i found the best way for under seal was to warm it up and scrape it off, i used a hot air gun and wall paper scraper, its a pig of a job but has to be done, stick the ipod on or something then you tend to get stuck in while your under the car

#13 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

so first things first i decided to attack the engine bay ! so i went to halfords brought a wire wheel brush to go on my grinder 2.5 litres of red oxide paint from tool station for £8.74 and some white primer paint.

yesterday i started to attack it! mwahah ! rust here i come ! >:cry:

The first job i had to do was to remove eveything from the engine bay, main problem being the old master cylinder was still on and wouldnt budge, after a quick shout on here i was given the awnser and it was all resolved, clevis pins out, pedals out, cylinders out. i then started to sand and after about 1 hours of grinding (sanding) i had this.

Posted Image

majoraty done but i had to get under the scuttle with sand paper and my hand ! :- LONG !

Posted Image

this is the state it was in, i sanded down everything so there was no surface rust and i then used a halfords paint preporation wipe to get ready for the Red oxide paint.

Posted Image

whilst the paint was drying i tidyed out the cabin, which was full of paper shreddings due to the mouse that had made its home in it.
so i managed to take out the seat belts, that is it, i came up for a coffee and got writing on here, so i will go down now finish of the cabin, and then prime the bay for tommorow,

Cheers Robbie >_< :o

you should of got a celilose based as you will find it very hard to spray a primer over red oxide it stays soft for months trust me been there and leanrt that lesson................. :(

#14 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Cheers Robbie >_< :cry:

you should of got a celilose based as you will find it very hard to spray a primer over red oxide it stays soft for months trust me been there and leanrt that lesson................. :-

REALLY ! :thumbsup: going to get a heater fan on that tommorow then ! make that harden up. i have a primer paint to go over the red oxide as i have been advised that, you should treat the entire panel if surface rust is present (i.e sand / grind back to bare metal and put red oxide on as it is an anti rust thingy!). hopeing it drys over night and then i will paint with the primer tommorow or possibly tuesday. i no its a pain but i want to see what under there. sounds like a pan i have a hot air gun ! and scrapers

does anyone know what the gasless welders are like ? got a few patches that need doing

Rob :o

by the way if i reply slowly its because im going to work :(

#15 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

couldnt you try red oxide primer that comes in cans ready to spray?

gasless welders i believe are a lot hotter than gas ones, so it becomes very easy to distort and blow holes through panels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users