Photo

Tmf+ Reactivation

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: TMF+ Memebrship Options (138 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think we should do regarding TMF+ and the Memebrship Packs

1. Keep the current system and TMF+ will be offline until we sort out a better way to get the membership packs sorted (15 votes [10.79%])

Percentage of vote: 10.79%

2. Abolish the Packs all together, get TMF+ up and running, get people back contributing to the upkeep of TMF and obtaining their discounts (124 votes [89.21%])

Percentage of vote: 89.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

Have you been having problems?

Havent really tried but I've seen the only way is to do it by joining the British mini club

#62 mini.rich

mini.rich

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Voted for 2nd option, I want my TMF+ discounts again =P
Plus i never really used anything out of the welcome pack, apart from the sticker which will be going on as soon as i get the work done next month=)

#63 joewb

joewb

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

just offer the packs as an optional extra from the shop.
Although i will say the shop should be managed by someone other then who was doing the packs before as they didnt do that great a job due to lots of factors...
So maybe get someone new in charge of doing the sales and postage for packages if they decide to buy any items?

If needed i'd gladly be the one who sorts out packs and posts them, although i'd need TMF to tell me where the stickers come from and everything then either give me the merchandise or give me details on it. as i have a fair bit of time to spare to send out packs and such ;)

#64 dsgoody

dsgoody

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Local Club: Gert Lush Minis

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

@cap'n crunch and Mattl - PM Jammy and he will add 6 months free on for you.

I'm intrigued to know what thoughs the 8 people who have clicked on option 1 have since I think it would be good to hear from both sides rather than just one.

#65 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:21 AM

@cap'n crunch and Mattl - PM Jammy and he will add 6 months free on for you.

I'm intrigued to know what thoughs the 8 people who have clicked on option 1 have since I think it would be good to hear from both sides rather than just one.

I gave my thoughts....I clicked option 1. I see no good reason why the mail out welcome packs couldn't work. Heck! I even volunteered to offer my time to do them...I DO NOT have a "job", I'm a Mil-Spouse so I have plenty of time to do the welcome packs. Anyhow, I like getting stickers and as I said before the discounts don't really work out as much of a discount for me personally. I could do without the insurance discounts as my auto insurance company is cheaper than those offered via the discounts. We go through USAA and while stationed in Georgia we paid less than $100 a month for three cars...one was a V8 Mustang GT, the other was a V8 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the last was an '04 Pontiac Vibe. We got crazy discounts and we get a discount everytime my wife gets promoted. By the time she retires our car insurance will be nearly free.

As for the other discounts....well DSN Classics is up the road from me. Literally a 15 minute drive and they offer more by way of low prices and offer just as much parts-wise....even more as they are the company that make the "Retro Sport" Billet goodies. I love all those components. So, yeah I agree there is more to life than stickers but I WANT my sticker! All the Mini parts are more expensive for me as we get paid in Dollars......the Dollar Bill isn't worth so much over here so the discount isn't really that enticing especially after VAT. Why can't the Mini-Spares discount be 10%?

Edited by Trail of Dead, 05 March 2010 - 01:23 AM.

#66 hundred

hundred

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

I have been trying to become TMF+ as i need to order shed loads of bits for my project, discounts are always good when on a budget. The site is great even as a lowly non TMF+ so things must only get better. Sticker or no sticker this site is worth a tenner of anyones money

#67 minispecialbilee

minispecialbilee

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Number 2 and stickers from Roofless for me

#68 Furio

Furio

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

# 2, I paid for TMF+ for the discounts, and i've already more than covered the 10pounds it cost! Stickers from roofless would be a great idea .. it gives work to a dedicated forum member after all :)

#69 dsgoody

dsgoody

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Local Club: Gert Lush Minis

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

@Trail of Dead - Sorry buddy, I only quickly skim read through the thread. Looked at your post now.

Thanks.

#70 coventry_kid2006

coventry_kid2006

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: Bournemouth Mini Club

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

#2 for me, is there a deadline for the poll?

#71 paul6266

paul6266

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Local Club: Retro Classics

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

option 2 is well, just need to know how to join

#72 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

Right then people. Please see the following message from Admin.

The results from that topic look quite unanimous! What I'll do is set up a £5 TMF+ subscription later on, which will give everyone everything they got with the old TMF+ minus the packs. I've just been speaking to Simon @ Minispares and we've started the process for Minispares to start fulfilling the packs, so at a later date we can bring back a second tier TMF+ pack that includes the stickers and everything.

Basically, We will aboilish the Packs for now and your subcription costs will be halved until we have the new pack process in place. This should be actioned this week so that you can start getting your discounts again!!

I am still looking at possible ways of members getting stickers so watch this space!

#73 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Sounds good to me!

Keep us updated on when we can access it :)

#74 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

My annual £10 has just gone through on Paypal. Does this mean I get half back?

EDIT £5 refunded promptly, thanks Jammy

Edited by Teapot, 12 March 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#75 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

we have found Jammy and pushed his TVR into the garage, but we now need funds to get it going

Jammy is tonight setting up TMF+ for £5 with no packs just the online stuff, hopefully buy tonight you can get TMF+ back and working

for those that have already paid £10 we will work on a solution for that next

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users