74 replies to this topic

#1 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

As some of you may have seen on Facebook, my 1275GT (Dominic) has been stolen either last night or at some time early this morning from my driveway

The registration of the car is MPC 135W. It is a White (with brown vinyl roof) 1275GT. It is quite distinctive - low mileage original engine (approx 49k miles), rot-free almost completely rust free shell, has two spotlights on the front. The interior is the 70/80's stripy brown. More pictures and information can be found on my project page, click on the banner below my post.

IF YOU SEE THIS CAR OR ANYTHING RESEMBLING IT, OR ARE OFFERED ANY GOOD CONDITION GT PARTS (3 CLOCK SETUP WITH APPROX 49,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK), OR A KENWOOD STEREO WITH TWO KENWOOD 6X9 SPEAKERS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME ASAP.

I had a drive around the local area this afternoon to no avail, evidently the police have been utterly *melonsing* useless (as expected) and didn't even come out but there was nothing left on my driveway so they said there's no point, they've circulated it nationally so hopefully the car will be recovered.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THE CAR IN CASE YOU SPOT IT AT A LATER DATE.

If anyone has any more info about this please get in touch with me so I can deal with the scumbags personally.

Chris

PICTURES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by yorkshirechris, 07 March 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#2 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

Sorry to hear about this matey :blink: , theres too many disappearing at the minute :-

Do you have any pictures you can post up on this thread, as i've always found people recognise things better from pictures than descriptions.

I'll keep my eye out for you

#3 enJAY

enJAY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

"/ shame to hear, just looked in your project thread/signature..

It's quite distinctive, all the best in finding it!

Some people are just such d1ck heads >.<

#4 arnie

arnie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

ow dude im gutted for you, domonic was the 1 i had the idea of changeing my back lights the same as yours. hope you get him back in 1 piece.

simon.

#5 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

:blink:

#6 wainesworld

wainesworld

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Gutted for you mate nice mini. Hope you find it complete.

But why have a pop at the police? What could they have done if they came around?

#7 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Just added some pictures

But why have a pop at the police? What could they have done if they came around?

Not a lot I suppose, I wasnt having a go at the individual officers but the system because more than likely the *melons* that have my car have done it before and been let off with a less-than-stern sentence.

#8 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

sorry to hear mate hope you get her back

#9 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

this is why i have a tracker in mine! That way if some *melon*er does manage to steal it ( i put a chain through the wheel and to a big heavy steel post) ill be able to find it and tie the *melon*ers *man danglies* to the back of it and drive down the road!

Goodluck, ill keep an eye out, even though im miles away, and i really do hope you get it back, in the same condition!

Edited by samsernie, 07 March 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#10 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Wish I'd have invested in something like that now but you never think it will happen to you.. I had also had thoughts about putting up a CCTV camera but thought it was extreme... :blink: will definately put that on the "to do" list now though although its a bit late

Can Admin please pin this topic???

#11 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

this is why i have a tracker in mine! That way if some *melon*er does manage to steal it ( i put a chain through the wheel and to a big heavy steel post) ill be able to find it and tie the *melon*ers *man danglies* to the back of it and drive down the road!

Goodluck, ill keep an eye out, even though im miles away, and i really do hope you get it back, in the same condition!

I'm interested in the Tracker device, can you recommend the one you use? What sort of ££ are we talking about?

#12 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

damn double post! I use one from a website called gpstracker.ie its got a phone control feature which means, i can use my mobile to find out what street its in, and can even cut the engine out by texting a code to it! I got it for my other mini, it cost me just shy of 450 at the time, but in my opinion its a great investment considering how much i spent on the mini. But i sadly wrote that one off, so have the tracker installed in the new mini. In my opinion its a lot better than having an alarm, people just ignore alarms these days...

Edited by samsernie, 07 March 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#13 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

#14 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

I'm absolutely gutted for you matey :lol: really hope you find him and the scumbags that have taken him. Keep us posted with any news and I'll keep my eyes peeled :lol:

#15 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Sorry to hear about this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users