#61 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Not heard a thing...

Had a visit from a claims investigator over two weeks ago and the insurance still haven't recieved his report apparently, even though he's sent it in to the loss adjusters.

It's been almost a month, how long do the insurers usually take? It's as "straightforwards" as it could be really, there's nothing untoward about the policy or what happened, and I'm getting a bit frustrated that I've got no car and no money...

#62 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Believe me, they need bugging daily. Otherwise they will keep hold of the money for as long as they can. >_<

#63 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

You could write to them and ask for an explanation of what the delay is. I imagine they are just busy, there's been some bad weather to increase crashes and claims and we're also at the end of the financial year. I don't know if there's anything in your policy small print, but it may be possible to claim costs from them for unreasonable delay, or at least threaten to do so to encourage them to pull their finger out. It wouldn't even matter if you can claim costs, avoiding the extra work & cost of defending a claim should chivvy them up.

#64 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

The insurer, Allianz, say that they haven't yet recieved the claims investigator's report.

I've spoken to the claims investigator (I was crafty and saved his number when he rang to arrange a visit :thumbsup: ) and he said he passed his report to the loss adjuster, Brownsword, the day after he visited. He spoke to them for me they told him the report is with a "technician"...

(How someone who simply sits at a desk looking at paperwork can be insinuated to be in some way "technical" is beyond me)

...he said he's given them a slap on the wrist to get it sent to my insurer as soon as they get back over the weekend, so probably Tuesday, so if I haven't heard anything by Wednesday or Thursday I'll give them another call.

Out of curiosity, I can't tell just yet because of the bank holidays, but my online bank statement says my car insurance was "last paid" on "6th April 2010" so I'm assuming they're taking a DD payment this month... but technically the policy is cancelled is it not?

Am I within my rights to revoke this DD and try get it back via my bank or might the insurer say until a claim is settled the policy remains in place and has to be paid??

Edited by yorkshirechris, 04 April 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#65 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

I wouldn't cancel it until you've spoken to them. Would be bad if you did and they turned round and said you could no longer claim because you'd cancelled it ;D

#66 4MTR

4MTR

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

SORRY TO HEAR THAT

#67 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

My insurers helped themselves to my credit card too, seems it's becoming the norm. Possibly the work of a trained monkey or even a computer programme. I can't see why it should effect your claim - you had valid cover when he was knicked.

I just told my bank off 'n got them to revoke the charge, after I took out a new policy with the same company for £50 less.

#68 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

Beautiful car mate, so sorry to hear of this!

Really hope you get him back!

#69 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

any more news

#70 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

Allianz are gipos mate!! it took them almost two years to pay my claim with my lotus when I got flooded in 2005. I had to haggle with thier so called expert all the time. "he told me to oil the brakes" to stop them rusting and camels crud like that. got there in the end but what a hassle. I had the feeling it was my fault that Berns old town was flooded!

#71 jplonie

jplonie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

Any news yet matey???

J

#72 Podman

Podman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Minis

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Bug the living daylights out of the insurance - ask them if they mind if you record the call!!

You won't believe how quick things moved for me when my insurance were dragging their heels over a crash.

Good luck and I'll keep an eye out in North Wales

#73 mattista

mattista

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Local Club: looking for a club

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

bumpp !
anyone heard anything ?
ill keep a look out down my end for you .

hope you find them bankers and get your car back how you left it

#74 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

my grandad had alot of problem when his car got stolen an he rang the main office of the insuance company an said that if he dint have the cheque within 3 days he would go to the office an kick off big time an 2 days later the cheque arrived (keep ringing them daily if you can )

#75 paulhibb

paulhibb

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local Club: Chesterfield Mini Club

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

some insurance companies will want a full years payment of you but if you pay by dd and make a claim you may have to pay the remaining payments your policy is for a year so the remaining dd payments our still outstanding check the very small print this might be why they have taken this months dd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users