Photo

Have Had A £600 Offer For All This, Is It A Good Deal?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#16 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Looking at the pictures, and assuming the rest of the stuff has been kept in those conditions, I wouldn't have thought 600 was far off, 800 at a push.

If its stored in conditions for it to gather moss like that, I would imagine there is a whole lot of hidden rust.

Edited by AdamBilsy, 09 March 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#17 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

OK, the pictures are up, so you all can make a tutored view on the value of these two little lovelies, Ladies and Gentleman, consider your valuations. Bearing in mind they might need trailering away!

#18 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

Oh, I could be interested in the van aswell, pending further pictures.

#19 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

im guessing these are yours then guessworks

i hope my above comments havent offended, but if you are willing to accept the 600 that youve been offered i would be serious about finding the money

i think you could get 600 for the cooper on ebay

Err YOU offered the £600 for the Cooper, still feel the same, now you have seen the pictures??

if i had £600 in my bank i would paypal it accross for everything that was listed. theres no need to act like that is there? they are worth more than the money offered

i dont really know whos selling these or what you have to do with it but they are worth a lot more

and if you read your own quote properly i didnt say i would give £600 for the cooper it says you could get £600 on ebay for it and i stand by what i said

#20 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Ok - Less blaming other people for offering or not offering a price! - Let's get back to the question in hand about how much it's all worth.

998cc 1967 mk 2 moris mini cooper
Mini van 1978
100 mph and 130mph mini speedos
2 998 mini cooper engines 1 austin one morris both run with avg mile.

You'd get more for it if you sold it all separately - But I'd say you'd be well over £600 there.

#21 zebidee

zebidee

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Agreed, what condition is the 130mph speedo in, I've been after one!

#22 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

I really get the impression people make valuations based on "what they think" rather than having any industry related knowledge, does this help the poor souls who come on here asking for valuations? .. surely they expect there questions to be answered with some form of authority??

I don't mean to be nasty "Bean" but saying " I'd say you'd be well over £600 there" is hardly a definitive answer

#23 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

I really get the impression people make valuations based on "what they think" rather than having any industry related knowledge, does this help the poor souls who come on here asking for valuations? .. surely they expect there questions to be answered with some form of authority??

I don't mean to be nasty "Bean" but saying " I'd say you'd be well over £600 there" is hardly a definitive answer

Well People are only willing to pay what they THINK something is worth. So getting an opinion from a group of different potential buyers is better than one valuaton from an expert imo.

#24 hystrix cristata

hystrix cristata

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Did you offer the initial £600?

I haven't said what I think they are worth because to me they are worth nothing as they would just sit in my garden rotting if I had them. You seem a little angry with people saying they are worth more than £600 and I don't really know why, everyone sees crap on ebay going for well more than anyone values it, I have an interest in pick-ups and so many of those not even worth scrapping sell for some reason.

Expert opinions are nice but a non expert will more than likely buy it and pay more.

#25 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

I'm not daft S_O_G ... And I'm sure you're not, either. You know as well as I do that 998 cooper engines are going for decent money at the moment - And even having it running is a bonus!! And they only made MK2 Coopers for 2 years, so that's worth some money, even if it needs work!

If I had a definitive answer, I would have been able to put a figure on it, yes. But I don't - Which is why I didn't.

But, IMO, £600 is much too cheap.

#26 Ouster

Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

That van looks pretty solid. £600, probably double on ebay for that alone.

#27 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

i think S_O_G is the one who has offered the £600 in the first place which is why hes being narky about it

who knows better than mini ethusiast who spend most of thier time scouring through classifieds, autojumbles and ebay?? i see these sorts of projects go on ebay almost daily for a lot more money than that, so the ones pictured are worth well more.

the two cooper engines are also worth a hell of a lot and are fetching loads at the moment

ALL valuations are based on what people THINK they are worth with these sorts of things

were not exactly going to open a book and have the actual value listed there are we??

IMO traders such as garages etc dont always see things for thier true value, they often see things for what money they can make on them, stripping for parts etc
also, if you see things come and go on a daily basis as someone in 'the trade' would, then youd just see it as another shed that aint worth doing up

can you not see that cars are worth more than money to some people? some people look at these cars and want to do them up and want to cherish them as something special. and there isnt a person here i dont think could put a price on what someone else is willing to pay

#28 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

That van looks pretty solid. £600, probably double on ebay for that alone.

careful thats not a definate answer or exact figure

sorry >_< that wasnt a dig at you

#29 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

Its worth only as much as someone is willing to pay, and from this its not hard to see there worth well over the original offer, but your forgetting the buyer would also need two trailers and probably a van aswell as spending a day collecting the items, your not going to find an enthusiast who needs two projects and bits (and the ones who want two projects + bits have no money), instead youll find someone who wishes to make money so will be looking to *steal* the items and make a profit, so either live with that, or put some work in (clearing the area around the items etc) and sell seperately.

#30 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

This topic reminds me of a very similar thread where someone has questioned the reason why carriage charges from suppliers seem high....

To the everyday private buyer who wishes to spend their hard earned on a little project for their favourite son ( or daughter ) that's fine and dandy, and he has every right to do that.... but when the trader is approached by someone to give them a price on that failed project, MOT failure or even brand spanking new vehicle which has only turned it's wheel 5 times, that trader has more than the actual cost of the item to think about. He has to think, how is this money I'm spending going to pay the rent, pay the staff, pay the mortgage, put food on the table and hopefully at the end of the day, pay him for his investment in both time and money.

Yes, if the seller was prepared to pull what remains of the vehicles from the undergrowth, make sure they roll, and even take the time to break the cars themselves then they could realise more money, but this is THEIR TIME and THEIR EFFORT and THEIR MONEY and THEIR RISK.

I'm not saying the offer is a brilliant offer, but neither is it a bad offer, it's a reasonable offer based on the information which was provided in both script and pictures...

I have a nasty feeling that this story may end with 'bad news' for the minis with a potential sale being soured by some miss informed comments and at least two more minis ending up on the scrap heap. The seller had an offer, it is his prerogative to accept or decline that offer or seek alternate advice, but what happens when that advice has left him with no buyers, who then feels accountable ?

Only time will tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users