#16 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Personally, I don't think they'll do anything, from previous experience...

But I'm open minded... lol :thumb:

#17 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

Scratch/nic the other three...hey presto matching set ;)

Ipod

#18 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Monkey, just double check they've balanced them all before you fit them, they'd only done one of mine! ;)

#19 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Monkey, just double check they've balanced them all before you fit them, they'd only done one of mine! ;)

only one of my alloys from huddesfield had a weight on it. i challenged it when i bought them and the said it was because didnt need any weights putting on.

and guess what.......................i still went and got them balanced up to 120mph...........................hold for it................they still came back with only one having a weight on it :P

#20 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Phoned today, was told to send in a picture which I did. Went out for about 2-3 hours, came back and rang again to see if they got the email. The girl on the phone said she will print them out and show it to the person who deals with it all.

I guess I'll see if they bother to ring me back.

#21 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Monkey, just double check they've balanced them all before you fit them, they'd only done one of mine! :thumbsup:

only one of my alloys from huddesfield had a weight on it. i challenged it when i bought them and the said it was because didnt need any weights putting on.

and guess what.......................i still went and got them balanced up to 120mph...........................hold for it................they still came back with only one having a weight on it :)

I wondered if this was the case with mine, but took them to be balanced and they all needed doing :dontgetit:

#22 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,400 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

It's a no brainer if you bought them mail order you're entitled to a full refund even if they were perfect. I could understand them being a bit tetchy if you asked for a good deal on a 5th, they might suspect you marked it to try it on.

I wouldn't do anything with them until you've got a satisfactory conclusion so they can't try and blame you.

#23 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

Sounds like they are starting to get themselves a bad reputation.

I am in the market for some wheels soon and things like hearing other peoples bad experiances does put me off using certain supilers. I am not saying this particular case just other things.

I personally think if your not happy with the damage (no matter how minor) they should respect you as a customer to give you the exchange or refund which you are entitled to.

Can i ask that you let us know how you get on if you do decide to have them refunded or exchanged please?

#24 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

im in the same boat, got a set of deep dish mini lites from p&l and 1 was pitted on the polished lip, i'v sent them 3 emails with pictures and each time i rang them i was asked to send the pictures again. they were very helpful when it came to sending the stuff but now they dont want to have anything to do with the situation, only prob is im in ireland and they're not!!

if i were u i'd take em back

Edited by danie garry, 14 March 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#25 daddycool

daddycool

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

Personally I think it's worth popping up to Huddersfield Mini spares and checking the wheels before you buy. That's what I did and the set I got are mint. I found the staff very friendly and helpful a service you unfortunately don't always get over the phone or via email with some suppliers.

DC

Edited by daddycool, 14 March 2010 - 07:34 AM.

#26 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Can i ask that you let us know how you get on if you do decide to have them refunded or exchanged please?

Yeah no problem, if they don't ring me back by Monday afternoon I will give them another call as the way I see it, this should be dealt with quickly.

I agree, going there to buy them to make sure the set you get is the best is the way to go about it but I'm about 3 hours and 30mins away

In a way I wish I stuck with my reverse rims but I like these ultralites so thought why not?

#27 Joshmini

Joshmini

I Want To Ride My Bicycle! (Just Not Peddle)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

I do highly rate Huddersfield spares bought alot of stuff from them, quick postage and good prices never had a problem with the products we bought and i got a set of 13 x 7 ultralights from there, not one bad thing to say about them (yet)

#28 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Phoned today, the girl who was dealing with it all was sick today. I asked if they could go to the email again to see whats happening. She said she will have a look and get back to me. I told her that I am waiting now to fit these and don't have a lot of time and fitting them will be a risk as I don't want water getting into the chip etc

Think I'll have to open one of these soon...

Posted Image

#29 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Right just rang in again. Peed off that no one has been bothering to ring me back. Was asked if I would be happy with a replacement or a discount on the wheel and said I would either have the replacement or a discount so I can use this one as a spare.

Was told yet again they need to speak to someone else and will get back to me but they took my invoice number this time.

;)

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 16 March 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#30 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

i had a chip on 1 of my ultralites so i sent huddersfield a photo of it and waited for a response, im still waiting for a response, its been about 8months now and i rang them a few times when i first spotted the chip, personally i think they just ignore you when you have a problem with their wheels, crap service IMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users