79 replies to this topic

#31 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

It is annoying, every time I phone up its like they've never heard from me before?!

I will keep phoning till something is done.

#32 Meepo

Meepo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Good luck monkey, I hope you get on better than I did.

I bought a £420 wheel package from them, but they put the wrong size tyres on the wheels. When I contacted them they said the tyres were adequate, despite every tyre company I’ve spoke to saying they shouldn’t be fitted to that size rim.

I kept emailing, asking what they are going to do, but now they just ignore my emails. They might just as well have stole £250 from my wallet.

#33 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

when you next enevitably have to phone back say that you will phone back in half hour and make sure you do then you can shout at them if they dont have an answer for you

#34 lindy119@school

lindy119@school

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

got my wheels from them and they're great! sorry your having problems with them.

#35 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

I reckon I might have a similar problem with Somerford Mini. :) I bought 2 bumpers, received them yesterday, and on one of the paint has been scraped off the end and one of the bolts is missing. I rang them and I have to wait in all of thursday for a courier to come and collect it. They are then going to ring me about it......Don't see why, the bumper is damaged! Surely they should send me another one to be delivered when they pick the faulty one up?!

Just annoyed me that they didn't apologise once and speak to you like your causing an inconvenience to them.

At the end of the day, people and companies are bound to make mistakes, its how they deal with the problem that makes them a good or bad company. :thumbsup:

Keep fighting it monkey!

#36 Timty

Timty

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

If you have a problem with the quality of something youve bought just give trading standards a ring and get them to phone up for you it never fails to get results!

#37 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Nope you are not being picky. You have every right to want anything new to be perfect. If you ran a business, would you sell stuff to customers that wasnt perfect?

Don't settle for anything less than 4 perfect wheels. I haven't read the whole thing, but I hope you haven't put the damaged one on your car, as then you don't have a leg to stand on - they will just say you did it yourself. You really should have phoned straight away.

#38 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey,

Nope don't have even have the mini ready yet to put the wheels on

I phoned up today and they asked me send the wheel in and they'll replace it. I did say I have been phoning in everyday and keep being told that someone will ring me back but nothing was said about this. I asked if I could use this one as a spare and I'll buy another at a discounted rate but they would rather replace it?

I didn't really get the chance to ask if I will have to pay the postage to them. But I'll phone again before packing anything up to send to them.

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 17 March 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#39 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

http://www.oft.gov.u...eral/oft913.pdf

Page 10

As Meepo will say in about a couple of hours, it's their responsibility. [spooky smilie]
A good way to think about the DS Regs is your home is the shop counter. They show you the goods, by delivering them to the "shop counter"; if, having seen them, you decide you don't want to buy them it's up to them to put them back in the stockroom.

#40 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

It seems like a lot of hassle.

I think I will give them a miss. there is just to many comments I have heard from them now. This is one potental customer they have lost.

Thanks for the heads up.

#41 Meepo

Meepo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

According to distant sellers regulations, they should make arrangement to have faulty items picked up. This is the law.

#42 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

I don't think your being picky. They proberly don't want you to keep it so they can send it on to another customer and that way they will get full price for it. Next time open the boxes when the post man is there and if you can see a problem with it write it on the invoice then they can see you got it like that.

#43 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I just went out to garage as I was going to pack up the one with the chip to send off

I decided to check them all properly now just to be sure

Guess what?

two more have a very slight mark around the centre cap

Jeez its like they flipping have monkeys fitting the centre caps

I've decided I don't want the dratted things anymore which is unfortunate as I do like the look of them

Where do I stand now? Its been a week since I got them, I got them March 12.

I'll ring them but I know what they'll say, send in pictures then it will be another bloody week of phoning in before something gets done.

Not happy.

#44 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

PM me the details you have given them so far and your full details (i cant remember all of them :( ) and i'll see what i can do, might even pop up and drop kick Andy round the showroom :dontgetit: .

I have great praise for Huddesfield as they have always looked after me when buying parts, plus the fact i spend alot of time at shows annoying them :D . I have recommended them to many people and hate it when those recommendations go bad, as it also looks bad on myself :- .

#45 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Well I sent back all the wheels today for a refund. I phoned them to let them know. I guess we'll see what they pull out the bag to avoid giving me a refund this time!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users