233 replies to this topic

#196 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Formula 1 is a sport of passion, you're passionate about the car, the track and your fellow drivers. No WAY would any driver put another driver in danger, especially on purpose. It may seem like they're enemies on track, but outside of racing the drivers are all friends, and If he had done that on purpose it would have been a very very dangerous situation, who knows, after seeing Henry Surtees crash at Brands last year in person, possibly fatal.

i agree with you totally for most if not pretty much all drivers. but Ayrton Senna was at least 1 exception

i know for one of his world championship winning seasons, if his main rival didn't finish, he would win the world championship, and so the first corner he just took both cars out on the gravel trap and he won...

im not saying all are like this nor Webber is like this, im just saying not ALL F1 drivers have the same way of thinking...

Schumacher being another.

#197 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

Formula 1 is a sport of passion, you're passionate about the car, the track and your fellow drivers. No WAY would any driver put another driver in danger, especially on purpose. It may seem like they're enemies on track, but outside of racing the drivers are all friends, and If he had done that on purpose it would have been a very very dangerous situation, who knows, after seeing Henry Surtees crash at Brands last year in person, possibly fatal.

i agree with you totally for most if not pretty much all drivers. but Ayrton Senna was at least 1 exception

i know for one of his world championship winning seasons, if his main rival didn't finish, he would win the world championship, and so the first corner he just took both cars out on the gravel trap and he won...

im not saying all are like this nor Webber is like this, im just saying not ALL F1 drivers have the same way of thinking...

Michael is wreckless. I respect him as a guy, but not as a driver. Dirty racing, look at hungary 2005, he would cut EVERY chicane to make sure he overtook De la rosa in the final laps, and because he was in a Ferrari he would get away with it.

#198 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

Michael is wreckless. I respect him as a guy, but not as a driver. Dirty racing, look at hungary 2005, he would cut EVERY chicane to make sure he overtook De la rosa in the final laps, and because he was in a Ferrari he would get away with it.

Or this year trying to put an ex-team mate into the pit wall.

#199 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

More on the webber incident today: http://www.crash.net...l_in_korea.html

Analyse the video:
Spins
Just about to hit the wall
Lets go of steering wheel
Moving backwards agianst wall with steering wheel moving around
Grabs steering wheel, downshifts... with car turning towards track...he turn's the wheel to the right slightly then left but nothing happens and he cant do much. Seems like an unwise voice of opinion from berger :0
it happens all so fast it's hard to make much of anything.. steering rack looks broken watching the video... track side camera view shows right front wheel off the ground...car is turning towards track before webber goes to grab wheel and correct it? looking at it over and over agian you can see that the car turns/spins back in towards the track before webber can do anything really to correct it and with a broken steering in wet conditions he seems like a passenger.

AND horners response: http://www.f1fanatic...bber-criticism/ - A bit strange that he says he was trying to get back into the race :| looked like to me he had no control over his "badly damaged redbull" horner saying this sort of contradicts what he said about the "damaged" car :|

Edited by miniQ, 27 October 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#200 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm not sure why they're over-analysing this so much. Simple racing incident, mistake, everybody makes them.

He got an INCH too wide and got onto the painted surface, wheels spin, front end is travelling faster than the rear which causes an oversteer into the wall. From the MOMENT he hits the wall the energy is so great that any steering input would do nothing anyway.

#201 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Should be i good weekend, will be watching practise closely tommorrow and report back >_< looks like the beef between Webber and Vettel has restarted! we need vettel to take some good points away from Alonso and Webber this weekend also :thumbsup: so dont get upset if vettel is up there.More on the Webber Vettel story: Webber has said it is clear Vettel is the number 1 driver and something Vettel said to german TV: "if Mark needs help, he should take the medical car". Webber apparently not amused. :thumbsup:

Edited by miniQ, 04 November 2010 - 08:17 PM.

#202 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

I'l be up early, excited :thumbsup: Practice should be good, shame I'm at work when both sessions are on, I get hhome just as practice 2 ends... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 04 November 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#203 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

The Red Bull drivers should stop worrying about trying to psyc each other out and concentrate on trying to beat Alonso and the McLarens. It reminds me of Villeneuve and Pironi in 1982, and that ended disastorously.

From the weather forecast it looks like qualifying could be wet, so a topsy turvey grid is on the cards. Looks to be overcast for the race though.

#204 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Looks like redbull will dominate quali with Ferrari and hammy +0.5 secs off the pace and jenson a bit further off.... this is of course without rain ALSO it looks like massa if going to jail LOL: http://www.crash.net...gainst_him.html

#205 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

SPEACHLESS! BEST QUALI OF THE YEAR! SO INTENSE AND EPIC.....well done to hulkneburg it's a shame hamilton got held up i really was expecting 1st or 2nd (so did he) let's hope he can make something of it in the race...Jenson bad performacne agian :/ I'm just hoping for hamilton to get past Webber in the first corner & Vettel to do the same to hulkenburg and then Hamilton should take hulkenburg later on....prediction for race: 1st Vettel,2nd Hamilton 3rd Webber....Otherwise Webber 2nd if Hamilton doesn't manage to get past him but its a MUST really.... Also we need to pray for alonso to have some troubles... :withstupid: I'M not going to sleep tonight :D UPDATE: UK F1 driver Jenson Button carjacked in Brazil - http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-11704802 Pretty scary stuff.

Edited by miniQ, 06 November 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#206 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

The FIA are out in force again... here

On a serious note very lucky for them that all went OK, could have been a very, very sad day today. Looking forward to the race :thumbsup:

#207 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

Definitely best quali this year - Hulkenberg did a great job and it's not like it was just because he was last out either - his previous lap was also fast enough for pole and that was done at almost exactly the same time as most of the rest of the front-runners were out.

I had to check up on t'interweb after I half-heard on the radio about Button's car-jacking attempt - very scary and sounds like the driver did a great job of getting them out of there!

Hope the race is as exciting and that it takes the championship to Abu Dhabi!

JR

#208 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Rubbish race...and as far as i'm concerned Alonso will never be able to win the championship by 8 points in abu dhabi so let's hope Mark can win it with Seb as the backup...Seb will be strong in abu dhabi so will mark with their 1 2 finish there last year also alonso finished 14th i think? so lets hope its a bad race for him....anyway the best case scenario which is very unlikely to happen is Hamilton winnining in abu dhabi and the top 3 failing to score... :thumbsup: Mclaren look like they will have lots of $$$ to spend in 2011 so if all goes bad in Abu dhabi we can still look forward to a hopefully good KERS car in 2011...Ive just realised how depressing it will be is Alonso wins the title this was meant to be Mclarens year! Ive also just realised what an amazing job the teams do designing and building a totally different car at the end of a season which need to be ready in less than 5 months to be sitting on the grid :0...which then makes me realise that USF1 would have to had perform a miracle to have made the grid this year. Now flash from the past!: Belgian GP the wierd crash between Vettel and Jenson look at 2:18 the frong wing :0 dayuuuum didn't notice how much it moved!!!

Edited by miniQ, 10 November 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#209 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

This is too exciting, 13 laps to go until we have a new Formula 1 champion.

I couldnt put a bet on whos gonna take it, Its too close to call!

#210 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Got to be said, nobody wanted the Formula 1 world title like Vettel did, real passion for motorsport. Not a red bull fan, not a Vettel fan, but what a way to do it, and what a season.

Well done Vettel, you deserved that my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users