233 replies to this topic

#16 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

What do we all think will happen with that aerodynamic aid on the Mclarens?

It didn't seem to do very much for them though so people will probably just forget about it.

In qualifying it gave Jenson 5mph over Vettel on the 2nd speedtrap according to Mr.Brundle.

#17 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

But if it was really working it would have given them both an advantage consistently, and if they'd both had 5mph up the straight over one of the fastest cars on the track for the whole race there would have been no stopping them. Just seems to me like it's a bit of a gimmick and the sort of thing that might work now and then but isn't really reliable. Especially in traffic, aero tweaks need nice clean air so it might well be more of a benefit in qualifying than the race.

Ferarris wheels are ridiculous! They look like a lamp from the '60s.

#18 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:41 PM

But if it was really working it would have given them both an advantage consistently, and if they'd both had 5mph up the straight over one of the fastest cars on the track for the whole race there would have been no stopping them. Just seems to me like it's a bit of a gimmick and the sort of thing that might work now and then but isn't really reliable. Especially in traffic, aero tweaks need nice clean air so it might well be more of a benefit in qualifying than the race.

True, plus if they were slip-streaming the turbulent air would be hot and dirty as you say anyway, so perhaps the advantage isn't that significant.

The wheels are certainly different :)

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 14 March 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#19 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

*yawn*

Didnt even see it today! :)

#20 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

Well what a race , full on carnage from start to finish , thats how a F1 race shoud be.
Buttons call on the tyres was spot on and paid off

#21 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

What an excellent race! Great to see Jenson winning again, makes all the hard times justifiable! Wasnt expecting a win at all this weekend, maybe lucky podium!

#22 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

Excellent race. Jenson proved his doubters wrong again, that one piece of decision making was his to make and it was perfect.

#23 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

Excellent race. Jenson proved his doubters wrong again, that one piece of decision making was his to make and it was perfect.

+1 :)

#24 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

A good race, webber, what a clown taking out hamilton.

#25 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Just watched it, it was an absolutaly amazing race. and hamilton did drive his heart out. feel so sorry for him he definetly deserved better :'( Well done to jenson really happy for him. LOL such a change from bahrain :). Mark webber is on my hitlist -.-

#26 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Sometimes teams create these devices that do not hinder their cars but cause a stir so other teams spend time and budget researching them instead of 100% energy pushing their own car forward, but i dont know that and wasnt actually here :thumbsup: :)

Edited by Pitcrew6464, 28 March 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#27 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

I didn't watch the race in Bahrain but by all accounts I didn't really miss that much.

Yesterday, however, was a different story. I thought it was a great race to watch and a great result for Button although I do feel for Vettel.

Hamilton did drive very well and the rate at which he caught the Ferraris was brilliant and he deserved more for that alone. He was also pretty annoyed at his team for bringing him in to change tyres though - that was their tactical error. I thought Mark Webber was doing well - yes he made a few mistakes but he always managed to get right back in it, and fortunately after hitting Hamilton, Hamilton only dropped one position.

I have never been a loyal watcher of F1 but if the season continues like that I'll find myself watching every race.

#28 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:06 AM

It was a much better race to watch than Bahrain - maybe they should install a rain system there!

JR

#29 Craig Tett

Craig Tett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

I really hope Bernie Eclestone has learnt something from the past two races that the biggest impact on how exciting F1 is are the tracks.
Bahrain is in the desert where its only ever going to be dry and sunny, about 10 spectators turned up to watch it and the general track layout is dull and boring with miles of bland run-off area.
Australia punishes mistakes, had unpredictable weather, packed out with 120,000 fans and delivers a quality race year after year even without the weather influence. Canada is another example and thank B-Jaysus its back on the calendar this year.
Get rid of Valencia, Bahrain, Hungary and Abu Dhabi, I'd be happier if they just went back to Australia, Canada, Spa and Suzuka for a second time!

#30 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

I agree, very much looking forward to Canada. I want to see how many people get caught out by the last corner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users