#1 arnie

arnie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

hi all, another mini stolen. ive just read in our local paper that a 24 yr old as had his beloved mini stolen after spending more than 8k and 10 yrs restoreing his mini. don't know ifs he's already posted on here or even if he's a tmf'er, just thought i would post for him.

his mini is tarten red and nick named "minibeast" from the pictures in the paper it looks stunning. he was also planning to do l2b this yr. he also thinks a loader truck was used by the thieves as the security system would of made it impossible to start the car.

this happened in the netherton area.

hope this post helps in someway.

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

It is a downside of owning a very popular car that's easy to work on but also easier to knick than modern electronics loaded motors. If it was still a project it might not have been insured either :thumbsup:

#3 mars red mike

mars red mike

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

This is worrying as Netherton isn't that far away. Time to step up the security measures I think.

#4 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

was about to post this up here until i found this

nice one

not sure any security measure apart from a garage would do as the lad whos mini was nicked said it must have been taken on a low loader due to the security measures he has on the mini.

lets hope it gets found

edit: heres the link to the article http://www.expressan...as-mini-stolen/

Edited by shorty, 14 March 2010 - 01:05 PM.

#5 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

man
this is why i think all minis should be fitted with a tracker so we can find the :) and teach them a lesson!

#6 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

My freinds mk2 was stolen last week in Walsall but thankfully recovered less than a mile away, only damage was to the ignition. I think it must have been kids as there are some nice bits on his car (i used to own it).
I just hope this lads turns up just as easily.

#7 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

thats about a mile from my house, a mate of mine knows him, i feel so bed for the lad :)

im almost paranoid about my car, any odd noises outside and im looking out my window :S

#8 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

I now park a pajero and mr2 in front of mine, they aint getting it.

#9 Alec

Alec

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Cant have anything nice without some jealous twonk or scummy pikey wanting to have it away.

A freshly restored mini got vandalised not long ago just down the road from me, makes me so mad

#10 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

I now park a pajero and mr2 in front of mine, they aint getting it.

dont be so sure! I remember hearing about a case a few years back where a classic car was stolen out of a garage and the people were home at the time. It was a mystery as the family car was on the drive infront of the garage. they managed to move the family car and put it back afterwards so they people had know Idea it had been taken till they noticed the damage to the family car. they thought it was an attempt to steal that car till a week or so later they found the other car missing out the garage. I know its a rare case but stranger things have happened!

#11 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

That really sucks.....hope he get it back...hmmm

Just a thought.....as a bike owner garaged, bolted down to the floor n walls.....cctv aswell

There is another trick, and a few other bikers i know use.at night.... a baby monitor....put the transmitter in your mini hidden, and have the reciever next to you in bed, front room, dog basket..wherever you sleep.....

ok you might hear the odd fox, but its a cheap trick....that works

#12 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Tamworth Mini Maniacs

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

could be worse! i still got mine in a burnt out state and the pikes are still trying to nick it away for scrap now lol.
and are still attempting to do the mini trailer away too. have my dads transit blocking them all in. it has got to the point where one of us has got to be at home to make sure nothing gets touched. im very weiry of where i park my subaru too. but no-one is getting that moved. as it is far to heavy and the AWD system means they can't tow it at all. the diffs lock up and it will not start if the engine is not turning them over. and that is if they pass the immobaliser.

ethel is right tho they only go after classic cars now as modern cars are to difficult to break into and are protected by a coded key. and to get a copy made is so difficult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users