3 replies to this topic

#1 tom tom go

tom tom go

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

hi, just trying to sort out an exhaust for the 2000 r1 mini (pro motive build), found 1 that doesnt sound stupid and it runs fine. Couldnt be botherd to make up an air box for the carbs so i bought the pro motive one with the k and n and the jets that they said to run with it (165 i think they were, cant remember though). But now i got a real loud back fire like every 5 seconds on tick over and when you rev it... like it needs more air or less fuel.
Did any of you have to adjust anything on the carbs to get it to settle down? cheers tom.

#2 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

backfiring usually indicates a electrical problem, not fuel, is it a proper load back fire or just coughing through airfilter ?

#3 tom tom go

tom tom go

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

its nothing electrical, you get a little backfire through the air filter and un-burnt fuel backfire through the exhaust. Just seeing if anyone done anything special and what size jets they use compared to me. cheers

#4 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Ok , I have the same setup and experienced the same piping issue so in my case I had flooded the plugs when taking the bank of carbs off to re jet the carbs .
I'm running 1.7 mm jets , the original jets are 1.35mm hole so are you getting enough fuel ?
Secondly the mixture is set on each carb via screw so don't touch unless you already did in which case get the haynes r1 manual and reset .
I did get a tts rejet kit but couldn't get it to rev past 8 k but that was because my fuel pump was gay
now I've got a facet ss503 pump in the boot
if you need to enlarge your jets to 1.7mm (good for road) then Axminster do cheap drill bit sets and as the jets are brass you don't even need to use a drill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users