#16 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

if you mean this one, its the fuel return line back to the tank I think - needs to have a pressure regulator between it and the tank

#17 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies, MINI5280

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

if you mean this one, its the fuel return line back to the tank I think - needs to have a pressure regulator between it and the tank

Yes, that's the one, that's for circling it on the picture. :tumble: I'll shoot an email off to the folks at Pro-Motive and see what they have to say. When I hear something back I'll let everyone know.

#18 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

5PW engine? If so, the fuel rail has a regulator prior to this hose, so you don't need to add another one prior to sending back to the tank. The return is 0 pressure, just flow. Stock regulator pressure is something like 50PSI...no need to diddle with it really (ask Darren, he will agree), unless you're going to do something like add a turbo.

Yes, that's the one, that's for circling it on the picture. ;) I'll shoot an email off to the folks at Pro-Motive and see what they have to say. When I hear something back I'll let everyone know.

#19 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yes, it's a 5PW. No, no plans to add a turbo. I'd just be happy to get the thing installed and running. :D

Does anyone have a part number for that small air filter? My searches are coming up empty.

5PW engine? If so, the fuel rail has a regulator prior to this hose, so you don't need to add another one prior to sending back to the tank. The return is 0 pressure, just flow. Stock regulator pressure is something like 50PSI...no need to diddle with it really (ask Darren, he will agree), unless you're going to do something like add a turbo.

#20 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Well, I finally managed to get the Mini subframe and motor out of my car. No fingers or toes were lost in the process so I'm pretty excited to be making some progress again. ^_^

I assume the next thing I should do is remove all the suspension steering pieces from the old frame and more it to the new Pro-Motive one but I thought I'd double check before doing so. Is that what everyone else has been doing?

Cheers,
Ryan

#21 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

How are people routing their brake lines? I pulled the lines out of my old frame and with the way the Pro-Motive subframe has been reworked it doesn't appear as though my old lines will work.

Thanks,
Ryan

#22 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

i used a flexi brake line made up to lenth, same for clutch, got them from a place that makes bike brake lines

#23 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

i used a flexi brake line made up to lenth, same for clutch, got them from a place that makes bike brake lines

Will do, thanks!

#24 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Any more news on this build?

#25 ZKruly87

ZKruly87

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Wips

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

just put the engine to my pro-motive frame. the upper bolt is fouling on the shifter cable for me as well. what kind of bolt did you use to replace it?

#26 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Any more news on this build?

The build is on hold for a few months since I'm in the process of moving. But, before packing everything up I was able to get all the suspension bits attached and the frame back into the car. (It made it a lot easier to move now that it has all four wheels again. :) )

#27 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

just put the engine to my pro-motive frame. the upper bolt is fouling on the shifter cable for me as well. what kind of bolt did you use to replace it?

I'm afraid I don't remember what bolt I used. I took the one I had to the local hardware store and found one that was the same size but with a rounded head which worked well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users