6 replies to this topic

#1 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have installed my Scott oiler but have a couple of questions for those people who have fitted one .
The instructions suggest the oil should exit the delivery tube on to the sprocket where capillary action will force the oil round and lube the chain .
I'm having trouble with access to feed the lower part of the chain / sprocket as instructed so have people just fitted the oiler so it delivers oil to the top of the chain ? And does it lube sufficiently ? What about mess ?
Thanks
jon

#2 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

it works, but you do get a bit of splash-back, but your chain guard should help alleviate most of that :-

I do seem remember Phil saying he was going to drill holes in the chain guard to allow for the silicone tips of the oiler feed to drip onto the engine output sprocket ??

#3 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yeah that's kind of what I've done . Using some copper brake pipe and silicone tube , but according to scott oiler the oil should be introduced at the lower half of the wheel sprocket or diff sprocket in our case but the chain tensioning arm prevents access unless I go round the other side . But then I end up with a greater distance for the lube to travel ?

#4 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

mines running onto the tensioner sprocket, silicone tips are missing at the mo but they feed onto the bottom of the sprocket

Posted Image

#5 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

cheers for the picture martin , I'll make some adjustments !

#6 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

It's rely easy I have myn at 5 O-Clock bottom of the front sprocket it comes dwn the gold frame dwn the right side of it then very close to the engine casing & bent round straight on to the sprocket works a treat & not messy & doesn't use much oil & oil evenly from the gravitational forces throwing the oil through the chain

kiss kiss French style

#7 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

mine was the same as baskys. And makes one hell of a mess, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users