#6812 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

A lot!

Needed a radius arm replaced - managed to find a captive nut had come adrift in the subframe and ar*e garage I used many moons ago as I was in plaster at the time had welded the end cap on to overcome the problem - cue dropping the whole frame a bit of grinding, welded nut back in and refitted, put some adj brackets on too (swine to bolt up - needed some fettling to fit)

Changed track rod ends - a bit alarming as those on the car were some aftermarket cheapies..... 3 threads engaged !!!!  so really glad I did it - now got MS extra long ones on :-)

Changed LCB as mine had fractured and a nice maniflow one has been lurking in the garage for ages - trouble being it's angled slightly differently from the old one so had a f&b!! for ages trying to separate and realign the RC40 link pipe...and fab a 1" extension for the mid mount......

Was hoping it was just a morning's work initially..... took 12 hours all in - now filthy, knackered but ultimately - job done - well happy....

#6813 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:52 PM

Picked up a stone, well it may have been a boulder, in my brakes......buggered the disc.
Ordered new discs, pads and disc shields.

#6814 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

Detailed the paintwork ready for my first classic car show of the year.

#6815 greenmini1275

greenmini1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Considered selling and buying another one.

Anyone got an MOT condition 1970s Mini they want to swap for a1990 Mayfair with Cooper Carb engine that looks almost identical to a 1978 Mini 1000?

#6816 minimans

minimans

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Done as much as I can now back to the body shop for another year.......................................Attached File  IMG_1270.JPG   65.45K   11 downloads

#6817 Zach P-D

Zach P-D

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Wash/dry/detailed so it can sit pretty outside of work today while I'm on a 12-9 shift :(

#6818 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Done a couple of hundred miles since it was back on the road so checked the plugs - perfect colour and no soot :-)  I did detect a little bit of pinking occasionally so retarded the ignition timing ever do slightly and it's gone. Oil still as clean as the day it went in - did spot a little oil leak, when I was fiddling with the dizzy, coming from the pipe connection on the oil filter so nipped it up. Worked out about 35mpg with mixed driving taking it easy with the occasional spurt of the pedal - 1293, MG cam, stage three head suppose it's not bad but could be better, I'll see what it's like on the next fill up after the timing adjustment.

#6819 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

Was driving through Frodsham and Helsby today and spotted a nice looking red Mini with white bonnet stripes coming in the opposite direction - thought I was driving towards a mirror :D

Much headlight flashing going on.

#6820 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

Attended The Motor Show @ Harewood House near Leeds yesterday.

Was a decent day only spoilt by rude, jobsworths parking assistants!

#6821 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Took the car for a squirt up the motorway for the first time since the re-build, nothing too strenuous just a about five miles of 70 mph . Sat at 3500 revs(Final drive must be higher on this box as 70 was at just over 4000 rpm with the previous one), engine sounding sweet, tracking perfectly and feeling strong. Temp sat just below half way - and noise levels where fine, just the faint roar of the induction noise and the throaty fart from the RC40 - love it.

#6822 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Bagged a replacement face plate for the old Kenwood head unit I fitted for a fiver off eBay (old one decided it didn't like to display anything)  - and it works. Extra bonus was I found a pair of Pioneer speakers I'd forgotten all about and they fiited perfectly under the original back shelf grilles - they work too :D

We have undistorted, legible sounds :proud:

#6823 Haygate

Haygate

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

Tonight I just drove it, had an hour going nowhere and every evening I take the dust sheets off and go for a spin I realise what a great car they are :)

#6824 Chris.Williams

Chris.Williams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

Fitted a fire extinguisher.

#6825 greenmini1275

greenmini1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Found out that I've been driving round without bump stops and my suspension set up is dodgy and my steering rack is inackered, brake lights are out and lost my passenger side repeater 😟

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users