9463 replies to this topic

#6931 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

Decided to take the Mini for a run to Herne Bay to see the car show, the car performed really well, the only problem was I had the wrong date the car show is next weekend, I had a great day though lots of nice Mini roads and lots of classic cars enjoying the good weather.

Got the Mini out ready to attend the Herne Bay classic car show today, when I noticed some paint missing from the wheel arch, on closer inspection it would appear that the car must have been hit when parked at Herne Bay the previous week, I now have creased A panel, dented wing, scuttle panel and a bonnet and door that are out of alignment.

I am not a happy bunny but I do hope the :xxx: gets there come up-pence in some way if there is any justice in the world. 

grrrrrrrr.

It really winds me up when people don't own up to things like this.

I was in a supermarket carpark a few weeks ago and when I was approaching my car, a woman walked up and pointed to another car asking if it was mine. I said no and she said she had just hit it doing quite a bit of damage. As I walked away, she was writing her details down to leave with the car.

If only everyone was like that

#6932 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Decided to take the Mini for a run to Herne Bay to see the car show, the car performed really well, the only problem was I had the wrong date the car show is next weekend, I had a great day though lots of nice Mini roads and lots of classic cars enjoying the good weather.

Got the Mini out ready to attend the Herne Bay classic car show today, when I noticed some paint missing from the wheel arch, on closer inspection it would appear that the car must have been hit when parked at Herne Bay the previous week, I now have creased A panel, dented wing, scuttle panel and a bonnet and door that are out of alignment.

I am not a happy bunny but I do hope the :xxx: gets there come up-pence in some way if there is any justice in the world. 

grrrrrrrr.

I was in a supermarket carpark a few weeks ago and when I was approaching my car, a woman walked up and pointed to another car asking if it was mine. I said no and she said she had just hit it doing quite a bit of damage. As I walked away, she was writing her details down to leave with the car.

That's a rare thing these days someone leaving there details after causing damage.

The thing that amazes me is that the damage to my Mini is mainly to the A panel joint and the scuttle panel, how the hell can someone get there parking so wrong.

#6933 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

grrrrrrrr.

That's a rare thing these days someone leaving there details after causing damage.

The thing that amazes me is that the damage to my Mini is mainly to the A panel joint and the scuttle panel, how the hell can someone get there parking so wrong.
My last 2 company cars have all been damaged in car parks. One was whilst I was sat in it. Kid decided to open the door using his feet, causing a dent and paint chip. The driver couldn't wriggle out not admitting liability but did say "what that tiny little chip" (its wasn't small).. so would never of left her details.
Really winds me up how people don't give a **** about other people's property

Edited by jamesmpi, 20 August 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#6934 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

"what that tiny little chip"... so would never of left her details.

I get at least one person in each week asking for a quote to repair a 'scratch'

When I give them a quote for 6 hours labour with materials and VAT they always say WHAT!! just for a little scratch?

I then have to explain that it's not a scratch, it's a whopping great dent with a scrape running through it.

I guess some people just don't have an eye for it until it's pointed out

#6935 scrumpix

scrumpix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: Yeovil Mini Mania

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

went with friends to clock tower classics in Portsmouth

#6936 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,641 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Oulton Mini Fest yesterday, did some pops & bangs on the track..  :shifty:  :gimme: 

20902442_665883283619943_331729655890234

#6937 59 Speed

59 Speed

Formally know as Smackfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Oulton Mini Fest yesterday, did some pops & bangs on the track..  :shifty:  :gimme: 

Like it 😎

#6938 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

I can finally rest and call it a good day..  this little pin took a good deal of effort to remove - nearly the hardest thing I've done yet.  It's not solid like I thought it would be.  I think I need that tool from Mini Spares.  The only thing left before pulling the engine is removing the drive shaft.   Rolling shell.. here we come!!

Attached Files

Edited by Mini Waco, 20 August 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#6939 Kombi

Kombi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

I finally got back to work on mine today. I did a small assortment of things:

1. Attached the rear-subframe exhaust hangers.
  2. Bolted the rear-proportioning valve to the bracket.
  3. Put the rear hubs on their respective radius arms.
  4. Discovered that my wheel studs won't be long enough with the Superfins.
  5. Stopped to order parts. Meh.

With any luck, I'm hoping to wrap up this rear suspension refresh here in under three years. I wonder how long it will take to finish the front...  :whistling:

#6940 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

With any luck, I'm hoping to wrap up this rear suspension refresh here in under three years. I wonder how long it will take to finish the front...  :whistling:

Good to see another person here in the States doing a restoration

#6941 Kombi

Kombi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

Good to see another person here in the States doing a restoration

Oh man, restoration is such a strong term.  :D

I'm more on the, "reassemble all the things I shouldn't have taken apart in the first place" path at this point.

#6942 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Re fitted the head, connected the engine loom and filled the oil and water. Fuel pipe on, keys in and we have lift off.

#6943 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Moved the steering wheel round a few splines, not tested yet but I hope it's central now!

#6944 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

I can see Ian 59Speed's Mini in your mirror....

I got my son to take some video of us on track, he thought we was going racing LOL

#6945 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

Pulled the engine today, or rather my daughter did most of the work. The Haynes manual said to hook the engine hoist up to the strap on the top of the engine...  either I misunderstood this or my straps are very old because I thought they were going to snap in two....  therefore we raised the engine rather quickly and got it out and down before the straps broke... Would love for someone to educate me on where to properly attach the engine hoist.  By the way.. the large wrench is for affect..  this was the wrench we tried to remove the castle nuts on the wheels with.

Attached Files

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users