#7127 SE10 Mini

SE10 Mini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

We likes Amazons :mrcool:

I now have a 1970 P130 Amazon, I bought a garage and it was inside it, hadn't move for 14 years, bloke said it was included in the price...................yesterday I managed to get it turning over with a good healthy spark. Didn't start but I think the timing if off. I installed a new electronic distributer for ease and think I have it out of time.

#7128 Purplemini1972

Purplemini1972

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: Vancouver Mini Club

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

New shoes

Attached Files

#7129 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

The Mini has learned to fix itself ! had a quiet day today, no welding jobs booked in, so I thought I would find the pesky oil leak that's been driving me mad for months, checked to oil level, put it on the ramps, cleaned oil off the bottom of the car and then started the car, ran until the electric fan cut in.... no leaks as dry as a bone.. weird. I though I would take it for a run for 10 miles, back on the ramps after... no leaks . I was expecting to be from the corner of the head gasket as has happened before or from the speedo drive gasket or even the shaft seal on the timing chain cover, but nope nothing dry as a bone. so its either trying to be like Christine.... or the garage fairy's have fixed it. weird !

#7130 Abbot

Abbot

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Does anyone know the formula for calculating point in time when a simple job stops expanding and starts to contract.  The Engine is out and I am pulling the steering rack out rack out.  I now have the front subframe out and starting to clean it up.  

#7131 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

Took the rear drive hubs off the subframe as they had the original bearings in and were looking rusty/manky. Stripped, blasted, electrox and top coat! Also put the new timken bearings in!

UmEn4zS.jpg

#7132 jelboy89

jelboy89

Formally known as jr4sr4eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

i put a single metal fan on with some jerry mods, drilled 2 opposite hole out to 14mm so only holds on with 2, means i can easily remove it without disturbing anything and makes rad removal a piece of cake (it also has an electric just in case)

jerry

#7133 Narrowwater

Narrowwater

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

Failed the MOT today so now need at least a new outer sill and more than likely an inner one as well.  The other side done a couple of years a go.

#7134 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Does anyone know the formula for calculating point in time when a simple job stops expanding and starts to contract.  The Engine is out and I am pulling the steering rack out rack out.  I now have the front subframe out and starting to clean it up.  

LOL: No formula but I think the symbol for mini refurb is this:

infinity.jpg

#7135 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

Passed it's MOT, Only booked it up yesterday, checked it this morning, had to fix the rear passenger indicator, numberplate light and then it nearly didn't start like last year ... I don't think it likes MOT's ...

MeOQ3WK.jpg

gPbSb0T.jpg

#7136 charliefarlie37

charliefarlie37

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

nothing, forgot to order the parts i need so now the missus has me decorating 😔😔😔

#7137 Syma

Syma

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

started replacing head gasket but had to stop when I found a stripped stud. Going to order a whole new set incase any have stretched. Tried to find a composite head gasket for my 998 but can't seam to find one so guess I will be using a copper one.

I then moved on to taking out the front drums as I am replacing them with mini spares 7.5" disc brakes. The fun never ends

#7138 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Hung the Mini on the Christmas tree..   Couldn't believe I found this last year here in the States..  close enough to a Mini...

Attached Files

#7139 Norfolk Boy

Norfolk Boy

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Hung the Mini on the Christmas tree..   Couldn't believe I found this last year here in the States..  close enough to a Mini...

I've got one of those picked it up at Canadian Tire whilst visiting the outlaws!

#7140 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

Spent the afternoon in the garage, with the Italian Job playing on the TV, whilst i replaced the clutch and brake master cylinders on my 1100 Special. The clutch split pin in the clutch pedal had rusted itself into place. Needed to use a junior hacksaw blade to help it on its way. Needless to say the Italian job had finished by the time I removed the offending clevis pin, so I put a dvd of Porridge on, cant beat a bit of Ronnie Barker, while I removed the master cylinders from the bulkhead.

Clutch slave removed and took the opportunity to replace the master cylinder base plate with a stainless one from Smiffys mini bits. New gaskets fitted to base plate and master cylinders and a Goodrich braided clutch hose to finish off the job.

Need to refit the clevis pins during the week and replace the drivers seat, bleed the clutch and then onto wheel cylinders and brake hoses. Looking forward to getting car motd in the new year.

Being 6 foot tall and having spent what seems like 3 hrs lying under the steering wheel on my back Im off to book an appointment with my chiropractor for tomorrow!

Edited by leyland73, 26 November 2017 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users