#16 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:55 PM

If your talking about the brake pressure valve then they aren't dependant on servos.

Do i need the brake pressure valve if i run just the tandem master cylinder as i was going to run a in-line bias valve in the rear line to set the brake bias up?
What does the pressure valve thing do exactly?

Mark :wales:

#17 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:50 PM

I believe the pressure valve reduces the pressure to the back wheels to make sure that you don't lock your wheels easily.

Not sure on whether you need one with tandems, I think F1_mini has looked into this before, or you could give KAD a ring, they always have time to talk you through stuff.

#18 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

Purpose of the bias valve on the bulkhead with tandem master cylinders is to reduce braking on the rear wheels but more importantly to prevent major loss of brake fluid if one or the other circuits fail, causing the piston inside the valve to move and close off that circuit as the pedal is depressed.

If using an adjustable bias pedal box with two seperate master cylinders, then this bias valve on the bulkhead can be removed. The front rear bias is set up using different size masters and fine tuning with the bias adjuster and fluid loss on circuit failure is limitted to one circuit only.

#19 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

I have been offered a pedal box like this which is off the last of the AUSTIN ROVER Group A mini coopers, but i havnt had the price yet!!!!!!! :fear: :fear: :fear:

It could be a soloution depending on the cost???

Attached Files

#20 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

That does look nice Mark!!!! :grin:

I'd missed this thread so sorry for no earlier input. I'm running my minus with non-servo mk1 set-up. Except obviously using metro turbo 4 pots and vented discs up front and the standard z-cars rear set-up. My point is the master cylinder and pipe routing is all fairly standard.

I can say it's been a bit of a bugger to get bled through and bedded in properly but the brakes are now very very good! Plenty of stopping power! I haven't really been pushing it fully yet as I'm still letting the brakes settle in but I don't think you need a servo.

Ade

#21 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

That does look nice Mark!!!! :grin:

I'd missed this thread so sorry for no earlier input. I'm running my minus with non-servo mk1 set-up. Except obviously using metro turbo 4 pots and vented discs up front and the standard z-cars rear set-up. My point is the master cylinder and pipe routing is all fairly standard.

I can say it's been a bit of a bugger to get bled through and bedded in properly but the brakes are now very very good! Plenty of stopping power! I haven't really been pushing it fully yet as I'm still letting the brakes settle in but I don't think you need a servo.

Ade

Hi Ade is the MK1 set-up use the single output master cylinder and a tee peice to split it for front and rear or does it still require a valve assembly to split it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users