#46 KieronBoz

KieronBoz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Local Club: LMCC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

gotta be my favourite mini here, and im not even that into minis anymore lol, but now i know when i get one again im going engine conversion! :D

#47 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

gotta be my favourite mini here, and im not even that into minis anymore lol, but now i know when i get one again im going engine conversion! :D

Thanks very much, Yer the C20NE is a good conversion. The engine runs so nicely now I've got a new cranshaft sensor and Lambda sensor. Think the new exhaust has helped a lot too. I gave the ICV a good clean aswell so it idles pefectly! Something I never really got the A series to do!

Looking forward to finishing it off properly and getting it really tidy.

#48 KieronBoz

KieronBoz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Local Club: LMCC

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

it sounds like its great man, hows it feel to realistically and comfortably drive with everyone else lol? (watch me get attacked by purists :P)

#49 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Great to see that its on the road :) You've betten my converting back to a series by some way :(
The exhaust looks a lot better now than when I had it :P I trust it will be out at Coombe this year ;)

#50 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Great to see that its on the road :) You've betten my converting back to a series by some way :(
The exhaust looks a lot better now than when I had it :P I trust it will be out at Coombe this year ;)

Hey, yer it's bit of a relief that it went through the MOT OK. Still got a long way to go before I can call it finished. Might take it to coombe, will have to see. Want to get some adjustable lower arms soon to help set up the suspension a bit better. I've got it quite high to give clearance between the engine/gearbox and the tiebars, but this has led to a bit of positive camber on the front.

#51 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

The engine does sit low in that frame, I used a couple of washers on the engine mount on the engine side to lift it up 5mm. That was enough that with even me jumping up and down on the front corner it didn't touch the sump and I had it pretty low on the high lows. but neggy arms would be a good call anyway.

#52 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Yer, I re-made the engine mounts so I think the engine sits even lower! When I realised there was no clearance for the tie bars I made up some spacers. If I move the engine any higher then I'll have the move the hole in the bulkhead for the gear linkage. I'll probably see how it goes.

#53 jinjrich

jinjrich

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: YMMOC

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hi mate, wondered if you can help. I've got the same engine as you, and i'm having a nightmare with the wiring. I'm supposed to have a red and black wire for the ignition, but all i can seem to identify is a green and black on a 2 pin connector.... did you have the same? Also, which wires go to the coil, and which to the starter? Hope you can help......

#54 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

looks great i will be doing this project soon with the same engine i just want to ask could you of used a roundnose fiberglass front or did you just want the clubman front on it? as i want to stick to a roundnose thanks tom 

#55 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

when I did the original conversion (that topcat bought from me when I foolishly decided to convert back to A series), I did look at trying to get it under a round nose. It is possible, but on this frame the exhaust was the issue and without moving the engine back further it wasn't a go-er

#56 Rich1

Rich1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:37 PM

Great car can anyone tell me where to get the inlet manifold from on this car as the air filter comes out on the right hand side not the left as my one
Thanks

#57 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Great car can anyone tell me where to get the inlet manifold from on this car as the air filter comes out on the right hand side not the left as my one
Thanks

It was a modified stock one that Owen did for me. Should be easy enough for Ali welder to do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users