#1 Fastpants

Fastpants

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

Hello

Please can someone give me some advice. Im going to be pulling the engine out of my 1992 mini cooper tomorrow. I have disconnected everything except the driveshafts and the gear linkage roll pin.

Im a bit stuck. Firstly can I pull out the drive shaft by removing the hub instead of snaping the drive shaft with a tool/screwdriver/chisel or anything else i have been recommended to use. Its coming off anyway so i thought this would probably be the easiest way to do it.

Also where is the pin which connects the roll pin which connects the extension rod to the diff housing/gearbox. I know there are 2 pins, one goes horizontally and the other vertically, about 3/4 of an inch apart. Is it these?

Thanks
:w00t:

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

The roll pin, hit out the one nearest the gearbox, should be horizontallyish. put the lever into near where reverse is and it should give you enough clearance to hit out, be careful which side you start hitting it on, you need enough clearance on the other side for it to come 85% of the way out at least, also it can take a fair old wack to get out, just keep going, its split down one side, so make sure you use a punch (or a sawn off nail of the correct diameter) to knock it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users