Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi Andy,

didn't realise you were that far south?

I've found out today they're not racing tomorrow but Monday instead. The line up at Oulton looks pretty good too.

I've never been to Goodwood but heard good things, are you near to it then?

Les

Les

Yer I am only 7 miles (south) from Goodwood, I go up there a lot to watch the track day cars whizzing round, although I prefer watching the sprints as theres more variety of cars.

I was up there on Monday and got mine noise tested - 106db's - disappointed with that, now I have to work out how to bring the db's down to get on a track, although it does sound sweet at 106.

The Festival of Speed is a brilliant day/weekend, I would travel a good distance to go to it. I dont know of another day like it where you can get so close to the machines.

#47 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

I am taking the car to Beaulieu this weekend for the National Cooper Day, anyone else going in a zcar??

Edited by cptkirk, 11 June 2010 - 02:23 PM.

#48 Joey.volvo

Joey.volvo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

do you ever go to the breakfast meets, i find them quite good. i've recently started my build so new to here i'm down brighton way building a volvo kit, ground up everything new including the shell.
i was down the new forest, was going to pop to beaulieu but didnt go on the way back, shame never see z cars this far south saw one at l2b in may thats about it..

#49 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

do you ever go to the breakfast meets, i find them quite good. i've recently started my build so new to here i'm down brighton way building a volvo kit, ground up everything new including the shell.
i was down the new forest, was going to pop to beaulieu but didnt go on the way back, shame never see z cars this far south saw one at l2b in may thats about it..

So............... Where are the pictures?

#50 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

Which breakfast meets are you on about?

#51 Joey.volvo

Joey.volvo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

So............... Where are the pictures?

will get some up soon for ya

Which breakfast meets are you on about?

The goodwood breakfast club the mini one mainly but i find them all quite good, you ever been..?

#52 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Yer I get to the Goodwood Breakfast Club whenever possible although I think I am right in saying it isnt on next month due to the Festival of Speed being on the same weekend. I will pop up there this weekend in the car to have a look at what is going round saturday track day (weather permitting). I just applied to become a member of the Goodwood Road Racing Club, only 24month waiting list.........what the hell........

Edited by cptkirk, 22 June 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#53 vulpina

vulpina

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

Hello ,
I hate the cats too ,
Working on my volvo kit , I will start the engine soon,so much work but the first rumble of the exhaust will be wonderfull ;)

#54 Joey.volvo

Joey.volvo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Hello ,
I hate the cats too ,
Working on my volvo kit , I will start the engine soon,so much work but the first rumble of the exhaust will be wonderfull ;)

hello, finally good to talk with someone else with a Volvo kit, I too can't wait till that day when I hear the exhaust, but long way off yet!, I'm still on the front end, but should move quickly once I start on the shell.

#55 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands buttered side down.

Therefore, if a slice of toast is strapped to a cat's back, buttered side up, and the animal is then dropped, the two opposing forces will cause it to hover, spinning inches above the ground.

If enough toast-laden felines were used, they could form the basis of a high-speed monorail system.

#56 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

My girlfriend's cat died today.

It was really hard trying to explain to her how he died...

...and even harder to explain why I ate him afterwards.

#57 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands buttered side down.

Therefore, if a slice of toast is strapped to a cat's back, buttered side up, and the animal is then dropped, the two opposing forces will cause it to hover, spinning inches above the ground.

If enough toast-laden felines were used, they could form the basis of a high-speed monorail system.

LOOOOOL... i told this to my physics teacher today and he thought about it while in lesson... at the end he showed me a piece of paper with a load of workings out on it explaining how this wouldnt work with loads of newtons law's etc.. (He treated the force of the toast and cat as if they were both magnets) xD

#58 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

#59 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Local Club: not in one yet

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

got some head on that pint!!!

#60 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

I am that bored that I decided to try and get my name on all five sections in the Zcars garage - done it now with this post and to be fair only this post was a waste of time.

Posted Image

Edited by cptkirk, 15 July 2010 - 11:31 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users