Photo
- - - - -

Austin Mini 1000 1989 No Rear Lights,indicators,brake Lights Etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maston

maston

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate some help asap as I am hopefully buying and driving an austin mini 1000 1989 f reg home toinight (40 miles and on motorway).
The problem is the rear lights, brake lights and indicators (both front and rear) are not working and as I am new to mini ownership (can't wait :-) I have no idea where the fuses are or what the problem may be ???
Obviously I do not want to risk driving it home and getting stopped by the police (besides the fact of how dangerous it will be driving without brake lights and indicators).
If anybody may be able to help I will be very grateful.
I look forward to your replies

Many Thanks
Regards
Ian

#2 Msmith3327

Msmith3327

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local Club: Torbay Mini Club

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

I wouldn't drive it with no brake lights or indicators, MINI's are small enough for people to miss.

The fuse box is under the bonnet just to the left of the air filter, it could be corroded terminals on the fuse box, you will need a pair of pliers and a small wire brush, just take the wires off and give the terminals a quick clean and see if that helps. Also check the fuses, there are four off them in the fuse box.

#3 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

I had this problem recently and my problem was a dodgy connection in the fuse box. The fuse in question is the top one of the four in the fuse box. You might be wise to take a picture/nake notes/label all the wires on the fuse box, take it off the car and give the back a good clean, and use a wire brush or sandpaper to clean all the contacts. Make sure you put all wires back where they're supposed to be!

#4 maston

maston

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Thank you very much for your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users