Photo

Taffy 1967, Tmf Donations, Funeral Wreath.

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#16 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

Donation sent.

#17 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

thankyou all for your kindness.

darryl loved kids and as we already donate every month to ty hafan this is the chosen charity for donations.

will post again when more news is available

thankyou again

marie

#18 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Bump

#19 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

is it possible to get this thread pinned?

#20 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

is it possible to get this thread pinned?

It could be, but the sad thing is people rarely read the pinned topics, at the moment we need to get as much cash as possible as soon as possible so Can ask that when you've made a donation that you bump the topic.

This will also encourage others to donate as well.

#21 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

It can be pinned, but a steady stream of posts will be more effective.

I wouldn't worry if you want to donate but don't have ready cash at the moment. I'm sure there will be plenty of time to organise a more lasting tribute with Marie.

#22 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Just donated :)

#23 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

Okay.

I've done some organizing with Miguel of IMMCC and we are going to get a run of LTD edition models made for Taffy. He was a very active member on there and i think he would have liked this being a big Mini model man himself.

This is mainly for IMMCC members, but i dont see why we couldn't bring it onto TMF if the demand on here is high enough, too. I've just got in touch with Brian, who will more than likely supply the models, and i'l organize something with him as to the quantity of models that i'l purchase.

The original plan was for them to be free, or at least a cheap price to cover it a little for me, but after discussions on IMMCC we have decided to sell them at a reasonable price, so that there will be a nice little amount left over for the Turner family after we have sold them all.

Head over to IMMCC Here if this is something that interests you.

Thank you,
Craig.

Edit: Reading back, this looks like a thread hi-jack. Feel free to move/Rethread where you feel fit.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 23 May 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#24 kenzie22

kenzie22

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Donated :)

#25 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Also, if you want to donate but don't have/want pay-pal then PM me and I'll accept cheques/postal orders/cash etc and add it to the fund in your name.

#26 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

only small but donation sent, night taffy

#27 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

Sean, I just saw that you have the paypal link fixed.....disregard my previous comment regarding shuffling of funds through Roofless. I'll take care of my debt to him separately from the donation to Taffy. Sadly I don't have funds right now in the bank account. So again, I will have to wait till the first (probably not in time for the wreath but I'm sure it will still be appreciated) to donate.

Mini-Mad-Craig, put me down on the list for one of those models of Taffy's Mini. I'm not a model collector but I would like one of these, to me it will always be a reminder of a really great TMF contributor and all around nice guy....but also it will remind me of how tight knit we really are as a community and how for another Mini enthusiast we came together with our prayers, wishes, ideas, tributes, donations......just as he did when we needed advice or to simply chat. Send me a PM on the details of how to get the cash for the model to you, as well as my mailing address. Oh, I like how that Model forum had Taffy's Mini at the top! Very cool.....

#28 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

Mini-Mad-Craig, put me down on the list for one of those models of Taffy's Mini. I'm not a model collector but I would like one of these, to me it will always be a reminder of a really great TMF contributor and all around nice guy....but also it will remind me of how tight knit we really are as a community and how for another Mini enthusiast we came together with our prayers, wishes, ideas, tributes, donations......just as he did when we needed advice or to simply chat. Send me a PM on the details of how to get the cash for the model to you, as well as my mailing address. Oh, I like how that Model forum had Taffy's Mini at the top! Very cool.....

I don't want to be taking money from people for at least a week, until ive confirmed a definite supply of models from Brian, so that i can confirm prices for people.

As you say, we really are very closely knit. The majority of IMMCC are international, and yet they all know and love Taffy just as much as we do!

I'l get a thread up in about a week or so, that will give me and the other chaps time to organize the design, decals and supply of models. I'l keep you updated via PM's though mate. Thank you :)

#29 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Donation sent. :)

#30 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

I would be interested in a model as well he was a true mini man we had many a chat.............. :)

Just donated ............. ;)

Edited by mk1leg, 24 May 2010 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users