#16 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

whats it worth, well the value to you is proberly more than it is to someone else. the insurance company if they agree a value will gtee to pay you that admount. You could alway put it on ebay and see what it fetches. But make sure you have legal number plates as they can refuse to pay out if the car is not road legal

I see what you are saying but my viewpoint is they are failing to value the car on a like for like basis and to a value that would allow me to replace the mini to it's current condition and spec!!

The British Mini Club do valuations, could see if AF will accept this, then go about it that way? Theres details on the BMC website ^_^

Adrian Flux have stated they do not accept valuations from clubs or forums (as they are not indicative / accurate), only qualified automotive engineers and assessors - and only then they will "consider it" which means they could say they don't agree anyway.

So the long and short of it is "if you don't like it - tough! you are tied to us for the next 11 months and there is nothing you can do about it". Whicj frankly is a VERY poor attitude to take and I very much feel like i was mislead when renewing and now cannot get a refund. :blink:

well now Mr. Wilson, in my proffesional view it might be worth more if you cleaned up the interior abit, I see a few crumbs!!! ;) :P :P :P

(love you and franky really *big kisses on frankie's bonnet*)

Meh!! You and your perfection!!

Edited by Wilson1330, 28 May 2010 - 07:19 PM.

#17 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

I took out a policy with AF in feb, have sold the car, and cancelled the policy today...got written confirmation that I get a refund.

#18 mini_stella

mini_stella

Has A Lovely Sandy Bottom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

well now Mr. Wilson, in my proffesional view it might be worth more if you cleaned up the interior abit, I see a few crumbs!!! ;) :P :P :P

(love you and franky really *big kisses on frankie's bonnet*)

Meh!! You and your perfection!!

I took out a policy with AF in feb, have sold the car, and cancelled the policy today...got written confirmation that I get a refund.

OOOOHHH OOOHHH OOOHHH, I just though of the best idea!!!

Sell frankie to me for a quid, I can get his insides looking spanking then sell him back to you for a quid and you get to cancel you policy, win win all round!!! :blink: ^_^ :P :P

#19 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

It states in my policy that after the 14 day cooling off period there si no refund of the policy "the annual premium becomes due" plus the advicor today confirmed it.

What a rip!

Might complain suggesting I was mis sold the policy on the basis I would get an increase in the agreed valuation................... anyone in insurance want to help me out??

#20 Minigirlracer

Minigirlracer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

I've just took out a classic, moddified insurance with Footman James. i wanted it valued at 5k to cover all the costs i've spent and is what its worth as it stands. footman James were extremely helpful and all i needed to do was send a few photos and list down all what has been done to it. They didnt argue or nothing. recieved in the post this week the documents saying its now worth 5k.... I'd try them if you could, definately recommend them.

#21 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

AF used to be the better insurers for most modified cars, but in the last year they have gone downhill rapidly, now they have your money then you're now just a problem for them to fob off, i had four policies with them until this year, only one to finish now which i will not be renewing, the customer service is worse than terrible, i attempted to get them to add my other half to the policy, they ignored all emails, didn't return calls and repeatedly sent the auto renewal email to me, after 10 days and 5 attempts i cancelled 3 policies and the fourth will be finished soon and also cancelled, Footman James have been helpful, always answer the phone promptly and return calls when they say they will, exactly the reasons AF had my custom for the last 10 years or so, and as a bonus FJ are slightly cheaper too, include uk and european breakdown, and have an agreed value system that works.

On a side note, PM me if you want a valuation, i'm a qualified motor engineer :wub:

#22 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Looks like your stuck now for this year but you know what you to next year! :D

Im with HIC (not sure who the actual company they sold me to was its on the paperwork somewhere) and my mini has got way less kit on it than your has?

I asked for £5000 sent in 12 photos paid my £15 or whatever it is and promptly got my agreed valuation certificate back so that really doesnt make sense about yours?

Edited by Sleepy Stu, 30 May 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#23 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I would want it valued for 4.5k - 5k.

It's a lovely mini, i like the sticker in the rear window :D

#24 dazzler-pws

dazzler-pws

Previously known as ringonezero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: Minifinity

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

Whats the paint finish like?, in the last picture on the scuttle its looks roof as arses mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users