#1 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hi,
Went to start my car last night and it cut out ! found that the fuel pump is not running, put a jump wire to the pump and off she went, anybody tell me where the fuse and relay are please.

Many Thanks

#2 Spannerhead

Spannerhead

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

Have you tried pressing the fuel pump relay reset button, the square rubber thing located in the engine back just underneath the passenger windscreen wiper?

#3 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hi,
Went to start my car last night and it cut out ! found that the fuel pump is not running, put a jump wire to the pump and off she went, anybody tell me where the fuse and relay are please.

Many Thanks

Hi, yes I have but not the problem, but thanks

#4 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

is the alarm still working??? they're on the same fuse think its fuse 8. the relay is the black box on the top of the brake servo bracket
i'm having the same problem aswell

#5 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

My SPi has a fuse next to the cut off, in that group of inlines :thumbsup:

#6 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

My SPi has a fuse next to the cut off, in that group of inlines

how many are there?? mine doesnt seem to have any inline fuse there, or my cooper spi either :thumbsup:

#7 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

My SPi has a fuse next to the cut off, in that group of inlines

how many are there?? mine doesnt seem to have any inline fuse there, or my cooper spi either :unsure:

Erm, 6 maybe? I've got a photo from ages agooooo :proud:

Posted Image

#8 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

not sure if thats standard at all blackbelt, niether of my spi's have anything like that

#9 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

It's definately standard, albeit that two have been replaced by blade fuses. My 1994 Tahiti has got them there too, aswell as 4 behind the dials.
They're in the haynes and the rover handbook with ratings and reliant circuits. Perhaps yours are behind the sound deadening? Many people have converted them to blade fuses too, but I've never had enough trouble to need to... :proud:

One of them definately holds the fuse to my fuel pump :unsure:

#10 radgator1

radgator1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

Looks just like mine did. My FP fuse went bad as well when I went to pick up the car from the port so had to have it towed to a shop from the port which sucked pretty bad. Actually the fuse wasn't blown, but there was a large drop accross the fuse, probably coroded from the trip accross the ocean. He also replaced it witht he blade type fuse. I can check the wire colors when I get home from work if the OP still needs the info.

#11 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Looks just like mine did. My FP fuse went bad as well when I went to pick up the car from the port so had to have it towed to a shop from the port which sucked pretty bad. Actually the fuse wasn't blown, but there was a large drop accross the fuse, probably coroded from the trip accross the ocean. He also replaced it witht he blade type fuse. I can check the wire colors when I get home from work if the OP still needs the info.

#12 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hi last night fuel pump packed up os I guess that was the problem all along ! but thanks for the info.

#13 matttheprinter

matttheprinter

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'm having the same problem, and have to say, I'm using the same spade connection fuse replacement that you are so its interesting that we're having the exact same fault! Did you get anywhere with this at all, have to say sorry that I have little to add to this as electrics aren't my strongest suit, wiring diagrams and I don't seem to get on so well!! :)

#14 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

Also, adding to this, SPi's had 2 different types of fusebox, earlier ones had the 4 way glass fuse type and later models (i think 96-) had the bigger black box under the bonnet with blade fuses. Then it changed again with MPi which had blade fusebox inside the car on the drivers side.

#15 Manuel B

Manuel B

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: BAMA, Mini's United,

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

Could someone tell me the correct amp fuse for the SPI fuel pump ?, I replaced my pump guessing it might be my original problem, after about 30 miles car would only idle, throttle would cause backfiring, sputtering and dying, the replacement pump had a different number on it, I got stranded in traffic yesterday thinking the problem was related, but this time it just quit and would not start, test light at pump showed no power, I opened the relay module and saw that the relay was working, then went to the small box with fuses, all ok, then to the wad of in-line fuses behind the air filter, the first one I picked was bad, (a first for me) it was a 10 amp, I replaced with the same, but was wondering what should be in there and if the MPI pump uses a higher rated fuse.
Manuel '93 Jap spec Rover Mayfair, Webasto, A/C.
Also has anyone an idea of what this bunch of relays in the boot are for ?.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users