28 replies to this topic

#1 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Well as most of you know i have just finished restoring my mini, still needs a few bits and pieces and is going in for a full respray soon aswell, but basic spec so far.

1970 Mk3 Austin 998
Stage 1 kit fitted
Twin large bore center exit fletcher full stainless system
Reclining Autotechnica bucket seats
Not a spot of rust on it after full resto - New inner and outer sills, new rear boot floor and hindge panel, new rear subframe mounts, drivers door repaired
New seals all round
Fully rebuilt and powdercoated rear subframe and radius arms, all fully rebuilt with new bearings and bushes.
Hi-Lo's and spax adjustables all round
13 x 7 supastar alloys
Shortly going to be fitted with Carbon fiber arches
Full rockford fosgate soundsystem (About £1k worth, although this may come out if i come to sell it) and Alpine pop out screen with satnav and cd changer
Rebuilt Carb
Burr walnut dash
Fully waxoiled underside
Flipfront with aerocatches
4 wipac front spots

So, abit of imagination called for here :blink: Imagine this;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Except with a proper fitting flip front and aerocatches, a full resprey in the same shade grey, just more siney again ^_^ and with full carbon fiber arches.

What do you recon?

Thanks
Rich

Edited by Rich., 28 May 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#2 greggy50

greggy50

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

About 3250 without the stereo I would say maybe up to 3750 if it was included imo

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:30 AM

About 2k..

There are a number of issues, firstly, it's not a 1970 shell but late 80's, you mention that it has a flip front, which also reduces value of car now we have issues with VOSA and body mods.

I would hardly call it restored, more customised.

Edited by Guess-Works.com, 29 May 2010 - 06:31 AM.

#4 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

I have not added any of the body modifications. I know very little of its history but from what i can gather its very toned down compared to what it used to be. Its restored in the fact that i have spent the last 5 weeks cutting rusty steel from it and replacing it, im interested to know why you would think it being restored would mean back to its origional factory spec?

Fianlly, i have been told this a couple of times about it being reshelled, but no proof of it on any of the paper work i have with it. What is the differences between the 1970 shell and the current shell on it?

Thanks
Rich

#5 greggy50

greggy50

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Did not notice it was a flip front would knock off a bit what I said then still recon should get aboutr 2750 if found someone that likes it. To be honest I picked one up very similar for £1600 albeit without the fancy stereo. Seems low I can imagine as respray will probably cost half of that value would probably insure it for around 4k personally. Mine is worth when done around 3kish... but will be insured for 5k due to costs of a respray etc...

#6 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Im guessing what guess-works is saying about the shell (no pun intended) is that its been re-shelled with a later shell. The give away is the gutter rail, as later shells have the drain gap completely cut out where as earlier had a slot cut for the water to drain out. If im wrong in what im saying im sure he will explain his reasoning :wub:

#7 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

The give away is the gutter rail, as later shells have the drain gap completely cut out where as earlier had a slot cut for the water to drain out. If im wrong in what im saying im sure he will explain his reasoning :wub:

The above is correct about the shell not being original.

#8 dazzler-pws

dazzler-pws

Previously known as ringonezero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: Minifinity

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

1 to 1.5k

#9 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

If thats all its worth then il just end up breaking it and selling for parts.

Thanks
Rich

#10 Foxy10

Foxy10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Local Club: Crewe's Missiles

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

i may b wrong but i recon if u wer to sell it on autotrader ect an aim it to people hu dont know as much about minis then u would get alot more for it.

#11 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

It's a funny Market. An enthusiast wouldn't want to part with more than £2k for a mini that's obviously had a later shell fitted. Gone are the days of it being easy to get away with.

As an indication, a mate of mine bough a similar condition shell, with tax and test, really immaculate body work, Sportpack arches, Cooper interior etc. for £1,400. Though that wasn't "tax exempt", I'd say you're pitching to a similar Market really.

If it went on eBay, it may do well. It really is a funny market ATM.

#12 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

If you put that on the internet aimed at Non Mini websites if could sell for £3000...have you lot not looked at the prices on auto trader recently...

Although as said before, people that know that its had a shell change, would be reluctant to partwith the cash.

Looks amazing though mate.

...Alex...

#13 dazzler-pws

dazzler-pws

Previously known as ringonezero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: Minifinity

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

I thought i had seen the car somewhere before 57 seconds in

uJljSTWHW-k

#14 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thats what i thought. I mean at the moment its super tidy mechanical and bodywork wise, it just needs its respray and catches adding then the interior finishing and it will be one of the cleanest mini's i have seen, just it dosnt have the heritige which is a shame! Had i known this i would have tried to sorce a 1770's body to match and restore that, as i have still had to do a massive amount of work on this shell as can be seen in my build thread.

Thanks for that ringonezero, its great to start getting some info together on this mini, as i still know pretty much nothing about it!

Thanks again
Rich

#15 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

Rich, it might be worth adding some sort of gutter trim to cover up those cuts out :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users