apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I am slowing progressing the search for the parts needed for my engine transplant, which following the lead of BigChief on this forum is to be a Nissan 16v twin Cam install into a Clubman front ended roundnose:

So far I purchased the following:

Nissan K11 1 litre engine with 27K on the clock - £99, gearbox £50, radiator plus electric fan £20, ecu and loom £25, throttle body £20, air induction kit £29.99. Driveshafts free although one is cut too short to be any use, so looking for another one. Starter motor £20.

Mini subframe sandblasted and painted £11.95, engine mounts (landrover) 3 x £3.99. MG 4 - 2 - 1 exhaust manifold £10 plus another £10 in tubing to extend downpipes and link to my exisiting DTM mini exhaust (work to be done).

Metro vented disks and calipers (I have already had but with new pads) costs circa £75. Goodridge hoses £39.99. I also have ready for my mini hi los and negative camber kit.

Gear linkage and gear knob £25.00

Nissan Dizzy plus HT leads £9.95 (it was cheaper to buy another dizzy than buy a single HT lead from Nissan)

Sundry paint and aerosols - around £25.00 I suppose.

I just thought it might be useful for anybody whos interested in this build to get any idea of the costs involved.

Andrew

Engine

More pictures to follow as we go along.

Attached Files

Edited by apjmini, 03 June 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#2 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hello. Firstly, thank you for sharing your project us. Its always good to see projects that are different. My girlfriend used to have a k11 micra, absolutely undestructable engine, just loved to rev ;)

are you in the uk? What made you opt for this coversion?

I look forward to this progressing.

James :D

#3 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for your comments I have been reading with interest over the past months the following engine conversion here:

http://www.theminifo...showtopic=57644

carried out by BigchieF and although I had put together a stage 3 A series engine I felt 60 plus bhp plus a 5 speed box with as you say a bullet proof engine and good economy too good to be true, so last week i sold all the stage 3 stuff and paid for the items I had already bought from scrappies and ebay.

I live in Telford in the West Midlans by the way.

More photos taken in ther sunshine today:

Dashboard I have been building over the winter in place plus the MPI fuel tank after a good clean and repaint plus clubman front end with repainted grille (just about to replace the GT badge with a 16v badge).

Andrew

Attached Files

Edited by apjmini, 03 June 2010 - 01:05 PM.

#4 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

All looking good, I'm glad you started a dedicaed thread. I've bookmarked it already!

#5 Ouster

Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

The subframe doesn't need modifying does it? How does the engine mount to it?

#6 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yes it does take a look at pages 1 and 2 of the link I have given above for details.

Andrew

#7 flying banana

flying banana

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

well done apjmini with starting your own thread
keep up the good work mate
now there is 3 threads on the great micra
they cant be all that bad can they (thanks bigchief)

#8 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Thanks Evan, I have just bought a s/h Bini nicking your idea of the centre console. Thaks for the idea, Andrew

#9 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Thanks Flying Banana.

On your thread you removed photos I noticed after the big "to cut the bulkhead or not to cut" debate. Can I ask how you dealt with the brake servo ?

Cheers

Andrew

#10 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

congrats on the new thread bro! i will be watching on for updates as they come along, looking good already :D

#11 MrSporty

MrSporty

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Not wanting to go too much off on a tangent but i noticed before you started this thread you mentioned about the lack of tuneability of the K11 engines other than the breathability your currently adding in.

One thing that might be of interest is Nistune, im sure they are looking to support the K11 with their V5 pcb which adds realtime mapping and such. Ed from Fusion Motorsports seems to be the man regarding this.

#12 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Mr Sporty, thats great thanks thats what I want from this thread - forum members adding their comments and thoughts, very helpful, I will check this out.

Andrew

#13 MrSporty

MrSporty

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hey no probs, i bookmarked this thread along with the other nissan ones because im about to embark on the same project :D Just searching for a decent mid 90's write off so i don't have to *yellow human water* about bypassing the NATS anti theft stuff in the later ECU's.

What you've done so far is sterling work and i look forward to any and all updates :)

All the best. MrS

#14 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Learn a lesson from me, if you have the room buy a Micra and as you build the Mini take off it the parts you need.

I was told to do this and as I didn't have the room on the drive it is costing me much more to buy the parts need one at a time from scrappies. I still don't know which lead connects to which item or whether I have all the leads, relays etc I need.

A lessons learnt.

#15 MrSporty

MrSporty

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Well as little as i can do to help at the moment maybe you will find these usefull.

http://rapidshare.co...0/NATS.zip.html

They are apparently diagrams of the loom for both pre-NATS and NATS K11 ECU's. Might help you figuring out the connectors :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users