#16 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Mr S I have been looking for this info (obviously not well enough though !).

I have emailed Fusion Motorsport to see what guidance they can give. I expect an ecu remap is possible plus larger injectors and the breathing improvements I have mentioned.

I will let you know if I get a reply.

by the way I purposes avoided a NATS car and went for a 1996 Micra with 27K on the clock plenty around and parts are cheap as this is seen as a Grannies car (no offence to Grannies).

You also need the smaller gearbox, like this one (again came with the 1996 engine).

Attached Files

Edited by apjmini, 04 June 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#17 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

as you are trying to squeeze alot of horses out of the CG10, you might also want to have a look at 'bagacete' on MSC with his high hp 998 build.
he has a couple vids on utube as well:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bagacete

Edited by bigchief3679, 04 June 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#18 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Bigchief you might be right as it looks like 80 bhp doesn't come cheap

http://www.micra.org...a-K11-1.0-bagas

Perhaps turbo is the best way to go what do you think ?

#19 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Reprogramable ECU with NIStune Board

- Full Janspeed Exhaust System

- 1.3 Cams

- NGK Iridium Plugs one level colder

- Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

- Walbro Fuel Pump

- 1.6 Injectors

- Mesh Fuel Filter

Stock 55 bhp, with the above 80.7bhp

#20 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

I wonder what difference it would make if it was a 1.3 with the same mods, minus the 1.3 cams obviously.

#21 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

Bigchief you might be right as it looks like 80 bhp doesn't come cheap

http://www.micra.org...a-K11-1.0-bagas

Perhaps turbo is the best way to go what do you think ?

hands down, if stuck with a cg10, turbo is defn the best bang for your buck. but you will find it difficult to get the same power of a cg13 without spending alot. not to mention a whole bunch o gadgets to worry about (intercooler, boost gauge, A/F gauge, remap(or management), FPR, piping) and the list goes on. having driven both in a mini they are two different beasts. the CG10DE-T will always put a smile on your face. the CG13DE is extremely driveable, torque is everywhere and you never need to gear down on the highway :(
the choice is yours :(

#22 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

You could always rear mount a turbo on a CG13.

Aren't you supposed to remap and alter compression on any turbo conversion? That's just what I've picked up from other threads.

#23 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

You could always rear mount a turbo on a CG13.

Aren't you supposed to remap and alter compression on any turbo conversion? That's just what I've picked up from other threads.

Its possible to put a turbo on the stock CG and run it on low boost. It will give you a good acceleration with a kick around 3800rpm upwards! But like bigchief said, it depends on what you want. A reliable everyday sleeper, or a beast that will have pedestrians running out of your way! Your choice! :lol:

#24 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

I think I will stick with the everyday sleeper as I have enough to do just to get the standard engine in the car and complete the car before look for more bhp. Interesting though.

Overall perhaps a CG13 engine would have been the way to go but at least with the CG10 engine I am getting double the bhp than the standard 998cc A series and the combination is I believe lighter than the mini engine and box.

#25 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

It is an its REALLY Quick! Ive driven a mini with the CG10 and boy does it pull! :D

#26 flying banana

flying banana

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

It is an its REALLY Quick! Ive driven a mini with the CG10 and boy does it pull! :D

hi mate what size wheels would you be running ,
my micra as standard had 14s but im going to keep mine mini size 10s i hope this will
give verry good acceleration may loose some top end but hey my old mini was not a supper car ha ha
andy

#27 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

It is an its REALLY Quick! Ive driven a mini with the CG10 and boy does it pull! :teehee:

hi mate what size wheels would you be running ,
my micra as standard had 14s but im going to keep mine mini size 10s i hope this will
give verry good acceleration may loose some top end but hey my old mini was not a supper car ha ha
andy

Hi flying banana. Im using 13s on my mini with some 175/50R13 tyres. It still has great accel. with the CG10(carbureted).
and I get around 140kmph @3600 RPM on the highway. The 10s may give you a little wheel spin but should still give you a great pull. We have not tried the CG 10 or CG13 with 10s because they are so scarce in Trinidad. Its a pity cause we have some beautiful 6x10 mercurys, revoloutions and minilites just waiting for tyres. Sigh.!

#28 Fusion Ed

Fusion Ed

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:36 AM

Hi all, Came across this looking for stuff on google about Fusion lol.

Just thought I'd say that any questions regarding the K11 engines (or any nissan for that matter) please feel free to get in touch even if for advice. I know the wiring probably better than nissan on the CG10/13/CGA3/GA16/SR20DE(T) engines.. and have mapped hundeds of the things. :)

Ed

#29 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:52 AM

Ed,

That is great thanks much appreciated, I am sure there will be plenty of questions along the way. I will give it some thought and get back to you.

Thanks again

Andrew

#30 flying banana

flying banana

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi all, Came across this looking for stuff on google about Fusion lol.

Just thought I'd say that any questions regarding the K11 engines (or any nissan for that matter) please feel free to get in touch even if for advice. I know the wiring probably better than nissan on the CG10/13/CGA3/GA16/SR20DE(T) engines.. and have mapped hundeds of the things. :D

Ed

hi Fusion Ed
do you know if it is possible to alter the speedo so that it gives the right shown speed. mine is an electonic speedo
and not the cable type,i have fitted 13" wheels 10" no good no top end
andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users