drummerian

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

HEY GUYS,

just a quick update.....she runs!

just had a quick play and the torque is incredible...soo much more driveable than my a series!

couple of mods to be made to get a tiny bit more clearance (evenins work) and should be finished in time to take back to uni!

seriously what an engine!

i cannot explain the happieness!

#62 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

2 months project from start to finish - now you've got the hang of it you can knock out a couple more before Uni!

#63 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

haha thanks! not sure the 'rents would be tooo happy with that idea...

still a couple of weeks of finishings to do....however, i can contest that the 90ish bhp makes it go fast and the 4 pots deffo make it stop solid!

#64 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

real happy to hear that ian! you worked really hard for it, and managed to pick up alot of skills along the way.............

#65 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

thanks for the support bigchief!

there is still a bit to go yet, but thw hardest bits are done. Will be putting together a few pointers/tip out there for people that are considering the conversion themselves (things i wish i had known!)

Also, with regards to the wiring, absolute doddle. Admitably i am an electronic engineer, but, there are literally 10 wires you actually need to run this beast! (I got it started FIRST time!)
I will put together a quick guide on this as well as i relise wiring puts off some users from such conversions.

Thanks for all the advice people have given me getting this far!

#66 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Great job Ian, I think you will have surprised and taught a few watchers that this is a very achieveable project, well done.

Any advice for all of us out there who haven't started would be apprecaited and any further updates on how she now runs would also be great, thanks in advance.

You know from my previous question I am mostly concerned about the wiring.

#67 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

trust me mate don't worry about the wiring. I will be putting up full instructions on how to do it and it really is easy. I spent around 2 hours working out the wires (but if i document this you won't even have to do this!) and then you can have her running within about an hour. Soldering iron and some heat shrink should be all that is needed!

#68 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Real proud of you bro! You've achieved what most people have been dreaming of for years. Cheers mate! :unsure:

#69 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

thanks for the kind words guys!

still work to be done yet tho, but the hardest bit is over!

somhow the engine has developed a std mini oil leak! not a problem as its just from the front pulley seal, new one has been ordered and should only be an evenings work to jack the engine up one side and replace this. Will be taking a small shaving off of the subframe on the pulley wheel side as well in order to get a bit more clearance as the pulley seems to vibrate in a strange fashion and hit the subframe slightly!

done a bit more wiring tonight so will post a guide soon for anyone interested. Have even done the cheeky thing of wiring the micras loom on the starter motor direct to the minis, thus making it even easier to power all the mini gubbins still on the car!

Shall try and get some pics for you guys tomorow to show the progress now its coming together a bit more!

#70 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

haha thanks! not sure the 'rents would be tooo happy with that idea...

still a couple of weeks of finishings to do....however, i can contest that the 90ish bhp makes it go fast and the 4 pots deffo make it stop solid!

90! That must be awesome, what engine mods have you made?

#71 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

just intake and no cat/decentish ish exhaust...

its just an estimate but the standard micra make 80bhp so im sure im not far off 90...

#72 miilor

miilor

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hello from Spain, I'm addicted to this post, on the assembly of cg13, from the first bigchief this and other, great job.
I have a mini for the swap, with this engine and another engine swap fiat 600, cbr 600 carbs I'll use my cg13, exhaust manifold modified Opel Calibra 2.0 16v and tube to the back of 3 ". With this configuration the power is 100 hp

Edited by miilor, 10 August 2010 - 08:31 AM.

#73 jimbob69

jimbob69

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Well done fella your enthusiasm has served you well :thumbsup: hope to see some more pics and read your wiring guide too

#74 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

thanks for the support,

shall be posting more pics tonite for you guys, and the wiring will be fully documented if people think it is worth my time?

#75 miilor

miilor

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

yes, yes, yes :D :) :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users