30 replies to this topic

#16 Dave33

Dave33

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Any chance of posting a picture of graph?
You would have thought they would have explained it to you a bit more.
Dave

#17 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

Dave

Ill put a picture up of the graph tomorrow.
To be fair to minispeed it was a club day with lots of cars one after another. not a full rolling rd session. I just wanted to know if the car was fueling correctly. And was more interested in that fact.
I should have asked a few more questions but the bbq was just hotting up outside and the smell was just to tempting!

#18 Dave33

Dave33

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

No worries,
yep barbie should take priority!lol
dave

#19 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

[quote name='Dave33' date

#20 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Dave

Attached Files

#21 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thought I'd add this picture to show how close the sump was to the rollers for your amusement.

Attached Files

#22 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I had a very long look at your car at brooklands and got a few staps. And that's one thing I noticed was how low the engine sat in the frame. I see why a few people use sump guards as it's a very safe option. Did it hit at all on the rollers when you accelerated or de-accelerated.

I see why you had to put bigger wheels on.

Edited by dean, 06 July 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#23 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

I had a very long look at your car at brooklands and got a few staps. And that's one thing I noticed was how low the engine sat in the frame. I see why a few people use sump guards as it's a very safe option. Did it hit at all on the rollers when you accelerated or de-accelerated.

I see why you had to put bigger wheels on.

It did not hit at all as the 12" wheels gave it just that little bit more clearance. to be honest the car is probably too low as thats how i like it and it handles great on the track. On other cars its not such a problem as they either have bigger wheels or they are not so low.
I am waiting for some news on a sump gaurd from pro motive as i would really like to use one, the mini ones do not fit as the front of the subframe is differant as far as im aware.
it has not caused me a problem so far but you do need to think about where you position the car when going over speed humps.
Thanks for the comments.

#24 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Steve - good to see you got the 5PW in there :)

I'm sure my mate did get small footage of the old carb going round brands just before it let go, I'll see if he's still got anything and PM you

Oh and Minispeed is flywheel power and does over read compared with most rollers, been there with a couple of different cars before that I've had tested also elsewhere so I know they read a bit more output, good for pub ammo though! :)

Take it up to Sanspeed for a quick blast on either there Bosch or Dyno Dynamics if you want a true output

Nice work mate and yeah get a sump guard made up!

#25 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Steve - good to see you got the 5PW in there :)

I'm sure my mate did get small footage of the old carb going round brands just before it let go, I'll see if he's still got anything and PM you

Oh and Minispeed is flywheel power and does over read compared with most rollers, been there with a couple of different cars before that I've had tested also elsewhere so I know they read a bit more output, good for pub ammo though! :)

Take it up to Sanspeed for a quick blast on either there Bosch or Dyno Dynamics if you want a true output

Nice work mate and yeah get a sump guard made up!

cheers mate,
would be good to see some footage of it from the outside. Did you watch the vid I put on youtube of the engine letting go? I did do a good job of it!

#26 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

would be good to see some footage of it from the outside. Did you watch the vid I put on youtube of the engine letting go? I did do a good job of it!

Not yet so will check it out now :) The footage my mate got wasn't of it letting go but I think the lap before when you was storming down a straight section

I know you did a good job of it because I saw you effing and blinding at your mate in the pits after :)

#27 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

He got a picture after it blew as you had the hazards on nursing it home

Posted Image

Memories eh? :)

#28 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Not yet so will check it out now :genius: The footage my mate got wasn't of it letting go but I think the lap before when you was storming down a straight section

I know you did a good job of it because I saw you effing and blinding at your mate in the pits after :D

Think that was my dad!

heres the link

It was going great just before it went bang! Although at least I had a good morning in the 1430 mini 35! Thats on there too.

#29 JR.

JR.

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

I was watching when it let go and witnessed the "puff of Smoke" coming down the straight. There was lots of red liquid in the pit garage I assume that was from your car?

Edited by JR., 31 October 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#30 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

wow! in your first post, that sounded spot on! Does it run better with the injection system? or with the carb? is there a significant difference between em?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users