mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

Hi All

Before anyone says anything, I'm putting this up just to see what people think my car is worth in it's current state. I've had trouble insuring it being only 17 years old so have said I'm going to keep it as a show car for now, but I just want people opinions on how much it's worth in it's current state and how much it'd be worth when finished.

It's a 1979 Mini Pickup 850 with a brand new 1310cc engine, 286 cam, 19cc 'Stage 3' head and roller tip rockers with a pair of refurbished twin 1 1/2" SUs. Starts first time everytime, has literally done 0 miles. Needs a rolling road tune up as it's new.

The shell is rust free, new front end and floor pans. New tailgate. Fully resprayed in a metallic blue. Doors and bonnet have also been painted, but I wasn't happy with the finish so they will be repainted soon. Carbon fibre front and rear bumbers, with carbon fibre over riders. CF rear numberplate hanger. Headlights are Mk2 Golf smoked crystal cross hair. Brand new Mk1 grille and moustache. Extremely rare new rear lights, the early type.

Interior has a custom digi-dial inserted into the old style clock. 2 new cobra classics, new carpet, retrimmed lower dash rail.

Other bits include new steering rack, new front and rear subframe, hi-los, adjustable shocks, adjustable bottom arms, tie rods and rear camber brackets. New cooper s brakes and mini fins.

Wheels are 10x6 Ultralites, 2 need repolishing on the lip. New tyres needed.

It starts and drives, and stops! I have everything apart from wheel arches and tyres to finish it now (all glass etc etc)

What do people think it'd be worth both as it stands and when it's finished? For insurance purposes and for saleable purposes? No expense spares, believe me :D!

Here's some pictures...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Video

Cheers
Dan

Edited by mini-man-dan, 22 June 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Minimainiac

Minimainiac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

I dont have much idea of the value, I would say upwards of 4k. Just wish it was in my garage, it looks great!!!

#3 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Local Club: #

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

pick up's go for silly money anyways

id pay easy £6k - £7.5K for it

if i had the money

Unmodded there loverly :]

#4 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

personally i think its worth 4k top

if it was restored to orig spec then you'd prob get £7k

dont get me wrong its nice, but quite heavily modified and therefore that will put alot of genuine buyers off

#5 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

It's all reversable though, I've made sure nothing on it can't be taken off. Could reasonably easy converted back to original if you so wished.

Dan :(

#6 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

Its the way forward!! silly convertions are Crap

ive done my car so it can go back to norm

only the seats i can't change cause it didnt come with any!

#7 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

A set of steel wheels and take the hi-los out and the car will look near standard. There's too many 'standard' pickups about though

#8 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

but they do look better standerd

or 10 x 5 wheels with group 2 archs look good :]

if i had a pick up it be standered

#9 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

the paint isnt original and thats wont be cheap to re-do back to an original colour

and neither is the engine

Edited by slyoldfox2001, 23 June 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#10 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

I guess. Surely having an engine like that will increase it's value from having an old 850 though? The engine might be changed for a standard 1275 if I did decide to sell it, as i've spent so much on the engine it would't increase the value of the car by the same amount, then put this engine into my other mini.

#11 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Trust me you would get more for the car if it restored to original spec including the engine.

#12 davethemini1293

davethemini1293

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Trust me you would get more for the car if it restored to original spec including the engine.

:(
joker,
dan you will get an agreed value on this fr £6,000 min!

if i was a mk1 S or even and early van then yea standard i better,
but this is only pickup which only makes it as valuable as the buyer makes it.

there are still lots out there

#13 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

I think I agree there, it's so unique it's a case of finding the right buyer who is after something that isn't your every day pickup but hasn't been structurally changed, ie blended arches, de seamed, de bumpered etc. Cheers for all the ideas people :(

#14 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

:(
joker,
dan you will get an agreed value on this fr £6,000 min!

if i was a mk1 S or even and early van then yea standard i better,
but this is only pickup which only makes it as valuable as the buyer makes it.

there are still lots out there

whos the joker now............we all know that insurance valuatons are ALWAYS higher than actual sale values.

i might be completely wrong but i doubt you'll get anyone offer you £6000 cash for it.......perhaps you might get one idiot (like your man above)

dont get me wrong its a very nicely restored and personalised mini however the market would expect originality got that sort of mini.
how much of the original pick up is actually left ??

for insurance purposes you can value it at any price you like.....it will only affect ur premium !!

anyhow keep up the good work and get it finished.........there is no point asking for a valuation as it stands uncompleted

#15 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

The complete shell is as standard. Unlike many other 'modified' Minis, everything apart from the paintwork can be easily removed and put back to standard. I haven't flushed anything or removed anything from the bodywork. The way I've modified the car has always been based on the idea that it can be reversed in later life, but for the moment has been 'updated' than modified (if that makes sense...!?)

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users