43 replies to this topic

#16 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Have some Atomic 8`s for my Midbass on the way.

Now iv`e been umming and arring about if i`m going to run a head unit.
But iv`e needed something to sort the time alignment.

Should be securing a JVC KD-AVX33 for a rather good price shortly.

Also made a mounting board for my 6 channel amp.

#17 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

well, this is all the kit for the front end.

Posted Image

Also making some pretty mountings for things!

Posted Image
Circles! :)

#18 Frequency

Frequency

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

A man after my own heart

I love an 8", 5", tweeter front end and have run it in my previous car
As with yours it was an active setup (except was 3 two channel amps) and 2 15" subwoofers backing it up
processing was through a Rockford Fosgate EPX2 (fantastic piece of kit until it died and no one in the country had the knowledge to fix it grrrr)

I'll be keeping an eye on your build looks like it will be good best of luck

#19 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Head unit is now sat in my possession. Good shout!

Now just need a dashboard, and some more polyester resin and i can crack on!

going to router some baffles for the 8`s as my router jig will just about go down to 7inches.

However the other baffles will have to be Ebay jobbies, its no great loss i suppose.

Had two battery terminals appear via carrier pigeon it would appear.

Edited by Sam Walters, 28 July 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#20 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

A liccle update!

Posted Image

Also!

Posted Image

Sorry about the poor picture quality, pretty much im too lazy to drag the d20 slr out so a phone camera it is!

Also...

Posted Image

Got mid bass? These are to go into a golf mk3 Gti.

#21 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

you going to make it to T18 then chap?

I'm heading down saturday AM to pick up a pair of crystal 8's to go with the crystal 3 way comps in my camper, just finished fitting the genesis mono to power them ready :)

#22 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

Liking the look of this install, very well thought out :D

and i used to have a JVC KD-AVX1, until the screen went dodgy on me, very good piece of kit :)

#23 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

After getting pulled over by the police today, ive made some progression.

After having a liccle lovers tiff with an officer at 5 oclock this morning, i went to work, came back and attacked some MDF, as well as doing a small amount of fiber glassing!

Passed a police car on the opposite side of the road, he full beamed me, span his car around and came flying up behind me.

I thought a light was out perhaps, so stopped got out, looked around the front, all okay, pulled in behind, blues and two`s. "Why do you think weve pulled you over?" "I don`t really know if i`m honest with you" "Well take a wild guess". "I don`t know". "well we can do you for speeding if you want"

Really think i should make a complaint, his attitude was appalling. Clearly though, 5 in the morning, in an area with pretty much 0 crime, he and his buddy had owt to do. sore a youngster in his car, thought yeh easy conviction.

Although unfortunately on his part, 2 spanking new tires, new wiper blades, car in well kept order, fully paid up insurance, tax, mot, everything as it should be.

Anyhow! Progression!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I swear to god these amplifiers are mating! Now i hear you say. Fusion eh? But this is from the NV range! Surprisingly Fusion make some pretty dammed good kit, all the top end stuff mind though! This is going to be used to run the 8`s, i`m thinking of going sub less, but its early days yet.

Also the 0awg and the fusion amplifier were freebies!

Edited by Sam Walters, 02 August 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#24 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

well.
Posted Image
Battery to body -ve 0AWG
Posted Image
Battery to distribution blocks
Posted Image
Securing funds, unfortunately the back heist went wrong. 31 pounds. Ace!
Posted Image
Bit of ye old carbon, how i hate wet layup, but my vac pump is dead!
Posted Image

That`s all folks.

Edited by Sam Walters, 08 August 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#25 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

I'm heading down Saturday AM to pick up a pair of crystal 8's to go with the crystal 3 way comps in my camper, just finished fitting the genesis mono to power them ready >_<

Sorry man, i didn't mean to be rude, i entirely missed this! How was T18, i couldent go, was working full on mad hours that weekend, my main job running around getting irradiated followed by a bit of fiberglass work.

#26 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

Just worked out i need 60 meters of speaker cabling for the speakers as well as the rca cables.

Ouch!

#27 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Just worked out i need 60 meters of speaker cabling for the speakers as well as the rca cables.

Ouch!

as Jet_black (craig) told me the other day, theres a certain helicopter with 20 miles of wiring in it, thats most definately ouch :unsure:

#28 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

I'm heading down Saturday AM to pick up a pair of crystal 8's to go with the crystal 3 way comps in my camper, just finished fitting the genesis mono to power them ready :unsure:

Sorry man, i didn't mean to be rude, i entirely missed this! How was T18, i couldent go, was working full on mad hours that weekend, my main job running around getting irradiated followed by a bit of fiberglass work.

no probs chap :dontgetit:

It was an interesting show for me to be honest, first time ever at an audio one and i can't say i was overly impressed. it's probably just me but i didn't get the whole 'bass race' thing and the chasing big db's but i guess thats just the same as me chasing big power and trying to get decent 1/4 mile times.

#29 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

i love atomic speakers, i had a pair of 18in shocker extreme magnets/baskets rebuilt by george at atomic, i loved those subs and i still wish i never sold them and its been a few yrs now

shocker magnets with atomic soft parts

#30 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

I'm heading down Saturday AM to pick up a pair of crystal 8's to go with the crystal 3 way comps in my camper, just finished fitting the genesis mono to power them ready :)

no probs chap :P

It was an interesting show for me to be honest, first time ever at an audio one and i can't say i was overly impressed. it's probably just me but i didn't get the whole 'bass race' thing and the chasing big db's but i guess thats just the same as me chasing big power and trying to get decent 1/4 mile times.

I understand comfort and a well balanced and nice sounding stereo in a daily driver. I do agree with you on the bass race bit.

My previous mini in its original incarnation i would. 110hp+ and 550kg as a daily, no sound insulation, and 100+ db cabin noise as a daily like it was. I would change in a heart beat if i could afford to rebuild the car and engine, insure it and run it. But i have to be realistic about it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users