#16 mattsmadmini

mattsmadmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club of NSW

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks mate, ill get in touch with him.... would be awesome to get this one started...

Ive got a deluxe shell on hydro still (win) im thinkin a promotive R1 conversion with a tarted up deluxe would be very very unique...

Will start a thread in due time.

Ta,
Matt

#17 stevericho

stevericho

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

can someone give me the link to pro-motive in sydney as a quick google didnt help.

i have been talking to transport tasmania, a local engineer and zcars to look at the rear engined mini and hadnt heard of pro-motive before so would be interested to see what they have available and consider front mounted to rear.

our rules are a little easier to get things by down here but still concerned about the track width and electric reverse of the zcars unit (not to mention cutting the rear of the car away and what transport 'engineers' think about that.

#18 mattsmadmini

mattsmadmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club of NSW

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:44 AM

Promotive isnt in Sydney Steve, ithe topic suggests that a Promotive Conversion in Sydney is looking more promising...

I put across the Zcars idea to a local engineer, he laughed at it and walked away... If only i were in Australia's mexico.... South Australia :D

#19 stevericho

stevericho

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

ah, my mistake. guessing that someone has (or is) looking to import the kit and home build.

the progress with transport tasmania is quite slow but probably only because i am being a little anal and methodical about filling in the paperwork so they will be satisfied. chris at zcars is extremely helpful and is helping to fill out all the required info (once their racing season settles a little coming into winter).

i think i have a better than average chance of getting one through (at least they didnt laugh at me) provided i can show all of the engineering specs involved in the build.

my 7 port is almost finished (after around 2 years) so i dont really want to build from scratch and trying to get a fully built import. last update from transport said that if i can get the paperwork through (to their satisfaction) i should be able to get 'in principal' approval to register. once i have this, i can apply to import the car and complete the required rego checks. as long as the car i import is exactly as described in the paperwork (engine type, suspension set up, brakes, electrics etc) i should be ok.

trying to find a later model car will help if it had the wider track to start with. the only other worrying bit is the electric start but my insider (ex transport inspector) tells me that the car has to have 'a reverse gear', it doesnt stipulate that it cant be electric but i guess the other side of the coin is that it doesnt say that it can either. time will tell.

fingers crossed, i should be closer to submitting all of the paperwork towards the end of the year.

#20 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

There is at least one bike engined mini in Australia that I know of. It is a miniexvo kit and was featured in the mini experience last year. The owner was looking to sell it as he'd spent $42000 getting it close to NSW rego ready and run out of money. if you search Yamaha r1 Wakefield on you tube you will see another fwd bike engined mini using the same kit (possibly the same one just painted a different colour).

I was told chain drive was also a big stumbling block, in qld anyway.

#21 sayli

sayli

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Very good announcement on trying to get this approved in NSW, it will hopefully create more of us to fit and use this kit.

#22 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:12 AM

Well I bit the bullet and bought a R1 engine from gumtree a month ago. I'm still waiting for delivery, the guy has been making excuses the last few weeks and has 'gone to ground'. I'm guessing I've done my dough.......

#23 jbonevia

jbonevia

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Call the police and report it, cant let them get away with that.

Edited by jbonevia, 14 November 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#24 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Motor has arrived. They have sent the carbs and clocks but I'm still waiting for them to turn up.

#25 Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

i don`t understand why you guys want to buy a kit from England ,when you can have it done by any decent engineer in Aust. it`s not hard at all,
there is another type of reverse gearbox avaliable through another company here-->

http://secure2.cyber...ithreverse.html

here`s my R1 powered mini buggy i made a few years ago--> Edit--> oh & please scroll this vid staright to 1min50 as i sit at the start line for quite a while :-(

it`s not hard to do at all, it all fits inside the mini subframe & is all low enough to fit under the bonnet
I`m not saying that any "kit" you bye is bad or good, i just can`t see any reason why you`d want to buy one when they`re so easy to make up
cheers & have fun , love this site by the way, it`s all good
Don`t forget to breath :-)

Edited by Hugh Jorgan, 21 November 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#26 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hugh organ. that is just too funny..... Ha ha ha ha, priceless!!

Glad to see you having a capt cook over here Matt.

#27 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Loving the sequential screwdriver :D

Edited by roofless, 21 November 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#28 clovus

clovus

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Oh yeah, hughjorgan is a unique character! How good does that buggy go!!!

Edited by clovus, 22 November 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#29 Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

pretty good :-) usually within the top 2 or 3 outright where ever we take it
& quite often 1st outright

we have an extra 30 hp now too with the new injected engine
i`m thinking i need more/bigger rubber now
just finishing off the new extractors & the wiring loom
i`ll take it for a run at Lakeside as soon as all that`s sorted

#30 Denzeldude

Denzeldude

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Any update from anyone in Oz doing a motorbike in a mini?

(been a year now since last post)

Edited by Denzeldude, 25 December 2012 - 01:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users