Photo

New Here And Have A Challange On My Hands!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Innerise

Innerise

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I managed to get my hands on a 1988 Mini Mayfair, i was lucky (though once you have seen the pictures you might not think so!) in that i didn't have to pay for it! I've not had a mini for 17 years (i had a wonderful mini estate just after i learnt to drive, that was until it caught fire!) and have always wanted to restore one, but have never really had the money....

This could be a challenge...

http://www.flickr.co...sminiadventure/

Great forum too....

Cheers

#2 thehelstonian

thehelstonian

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

I managed to get my hands on a 1988 Mini Mayfair, i was lucky (though once you have seen the pictures you might not think so!) in that i didn't have to pay for it! I've not had a mini for 17 years (i had a wonderful mini estate just after i learnt to drive, that was until it caught fire!) and have always wanted to restore one, but have never really had the money....

This could be a challenge...

http://www.flickr.co...sminiadventure/

Great forum too....

Cheers

Good luck!! Wish I had the balls, and the know how to take something like that on!!!, keep us posted with pictures as you go!!

#3 wassupcrew

wassupcrew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

that doesn't look that bad at all. you should have seen mine when i started. full front end sills inner sills front floor pans quarter panels door steps boot floor rear valance, boot hinge panel rear corners. yours looks pretty easy really

#4 Innerise

Innerise

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

that doesn't look that bad at all. you should have seen mine when i started. full front end sills inner sills front floor pans quarter panels door steps boot floor rear valance, boot hinge panel rear corners. yours looks pretty easy really

Excellent, thanks.... mine scares me lots, but in an excited way! Do you have any photos of how yours turned out?

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Nice looking little project you have on your hands there, the rust does not look too bad although things have a habit of getting worse before they get better.

Try using using photobucket for your photo's as you can post them straight on without anybody having to go out of TMF to view them.

Good luck. >_<

#6 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Good luck with the restoration. I suggest you become a TMF+ member (£5) to get the discount on all the parts/panels you will need.

#7 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and we all had to start with a rot box at some stage in our mini history.............. :)

#8 Innerise

Innerise

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

Thanks all for the warm welcome... I feel this place is gonna be a great help with my project.

#9 Siddley

Siddley

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

A very sound basis for a good project! Start a project thread and keep us informed and piccy'd up as you progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users