AntonyC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hello,

Just wondered what peoples experience are when dealing with Minteriors?

I bought a dashboard from Minteriors at Beaulieu in June and they did not have one in stock and said they would send one. So far i havent recieved the dash and i cant get hold of Jay@mintriors. Ive called his mobile, land line and emailed.

Just feel like i have been fleeced!

#2 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Never heard of them to be honest but if this is their site - Theres a contact number on there for you to ring: http://www.minteriors.co.uk/

#3 AntonyC

AntonyC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Thanks Mike, Ive got his flyer from the show and he also has an Ebay store as well Custom_mini_Interiors

#4 jay30

jay30

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Well don't think much to their website. Pages 2, 3, 4 and Shipping & Returns are all blank. Just as I was getting my hopes up with the pic of the Margrave dash :P

Edited by jay30, 28 July 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#5 AntonyC

AntonyC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Has anyone got any alternative contact details for Minteriors? Is he on the forum?

#6 E-Tizzle

E-Tizzle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

im sure someone on here had a bad dealing with them recently off of ebay.
it wasnt you was it?
search miniteriors.

#7 gaz4399

gaz4399

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

sorry to bump up an old thread, to cut a long story short i bought two dashboards, two speaker boards, two parcel shelves and two switch panels last August and so far i have only received one dash, one speaker board and one switch panel. He wont answer any calls whatsoever and im very annoyed about the situation. I have spoke to my mini suppliers in person and they simply do not associate with him at all and has a very bad reputation.

if anyone has any conctact details please message me, i only have his mobile number.

I would advise no one to buy from this guy

Garry

#8 AntonyC

AntonyC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Gaz,

I bought a dash in June and it never arrived. I sent emails, letter and spoke to the organisers of the show where i saw him. Im still yet to receive my dash. To be honest ive kinda given up. I was planning to got to beaulieu mini show again this June to try an get a dash from him but im away in Spain :)

I might give him another try tomorrow, you never know!

Keep me posted on how you get on, good luck

#9 gaz4399

gaz4399

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Gaz,

I bought a dash in June and it never arrived. I sent emails, letter and spoke to the organisers of the show where i saw him. Im still yet to receive my dash. To be honest ive kinda given up. I was planning to got to beaulieu mini show again this June to try an get a dash from him but im away in Spain :techsupport:

I might give him another try tomorrow, you never know!

Keep me posted on how you get on, good luck

damn, i thought you would of had it by now. Hope we both get it sorted as this is well out of order to be honest

keep me posted too

cheers
Garry

#10 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Oh great he's at it yet again!!! :)

Yes he is a TMF member smoz2010 - Click Here. There have been a few threads been started here about the guy

See Here & Here

There is also another thread on here somewhere about this guys trade stand trailer being stolen and I believe that thread that might have another contact telephone number listed for him on it, so do try searching for that one :genius:

A number of members here have leaped to the guys defense in the past saying that he is a nice guy and to give him a chance, but in my case he was all to happy to answer my emails right up until he had my cash then I heard nothing more. I had to get my money back through a payapl dispute in the end and still I heard nothing from him. He claims on here that the delays are due to him being inundated with work and unable to keep up, yet he still keeps taking orders and going to shows to get even more work that he clearly can't cope with. :shifty:

Good Luck

#11 gaz4399

gaz4399

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Oh great he's at it yet again!!! :)

Yes he is a TMF member smoz2010 - Click Here. There have been a few threads been started here about the guy

See Here & Here

There is also another thread on here somewhere about this guys trade stand trailer being stolen and I believe that thread that might have another contact telephone number listed for him on it, so do try searching for that one :genius:

A number of members here have leaped to the guys defense in the past saying that he is a nice guy and to give him a chance, but in my case he was all to happy to answer my emails right up until he had my cash then I heard nothing more. I had to get my money back through a payapl dispute in the end and still I heard nothing from him. He claims on here that the delays are due to him being inundated with work and unable to keep up, yet he still keeps taking orders and going to shows to get even more work that he clearly can't cope with. :shifty:

Good Luck

cheers for the info,

thats the thing, he is a nice guy when you talk to him. Being nice is pointless if you dont get any goods though to be honest

I unfortunately paid for all my stuff in cash so wont be able to open a paypal dispute.

The reason he gives you about being too busy with work and he finds it hard to keep up is rubbish. I have found out from a reliable source that he doesnt actually make the stuff, he gets it from someone else who he is in partnership with. The thing is he will happily sell stuff even if he doesnt actually have it, and when he has the money he doesnt care anymore. edit: although this was from a reliable source i appreciate it may not be definitive

also the poor excuse for a website he had with minimal info has now disappeared, not sure if he has changed the company name though on the web

garry

Edited by gaz4399, 18 May 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#12 AntonyC

AntonyC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

ALL SORTED NOW.

I went to Mini Cooper Register Rally at Beaulieu a couple of weeks ago. I took my reciept and showed Jay and he was very apologetic gave me a dash straight away.

If you are still struggling to get your dash keep trying, he's a really nice guy and hopefully will sort it out.

#13 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

sorry to bump up an old thread, to cut a long story short i bought two dashboards, two speaker boards, two parcel shelves and two switch panels last August and so far i have only received one dash, one speaker board and one switch panel. He wont answer any calls whatsoever and im very annoyed about the situation. I have spoke to my mini suppliers in person and they simply do not associate with him at all and has a very bad reputation.

if anyone has any conctact details please message me, i only have his mobile number.

I would advise no one to buy from this guy

Garry

Hi Garry, couple of points to mention. The reason you have not received the other dashboard etc was because the laminate you wanted went obsolete (after you had placed the order unfortunately). I offered you the pale burl alternative but you said it was too light. Fair enough, and didn't want any of the other styles and finishes we have. I have a return of another burl we used to do years ago from a bancrupt trader (new old stock) and sent a sample of the material to Mamby for you. I haven't heard anything since as to which direction you wanted to go. I have kept the dashboard for you here although I could have sold it a dozen times and will (if you would like) bring it up to the Mamby show coming up. My email address is [email protected] and have said that this is the best way to contact me as I work alone and can't hear the phone with the routers going full chat all day. Drop me an eMail, let me know which way you want to go and lets get this sorted out.

Jay - Minteriors

#14 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh great he's at it yet again!!! :P

See Here & Here

There is also another thread on here somewhere about this guys trade stand trailer being stolen and I believe that thread that might have another contact telephone number listed for him on it, so do try searching for that one :)

A number of members here have leaped to the guys defense in the past saying that he is a nice guy and to give him a chance, but in my case he was all to happy to answer my emails right up until he had my cash then I heard nothing more. I had to get my money back through a payapl dispute in the end and still I heard nothing from him. He claims on here that the delays are due to him being inundated with work and unable to keep up, yet he still keeps taking orders and going to shows to get even more work that he clearly can't cope with. :unsure:

Good Luck

cheers for the info,

thats the thing, he is a nice guy when you talk to him. Being nice is pointless if you dont get any goods though to be honest

I unfortunately paid for all my stuff in cash so wont be able to open a paypal dispute.

The reason he gives you about being too busy with work and he finds it hard to keep up is rubbish. I have found out from a reliable source that he doesnt actually make the stuff, he gets it from someone else who he is in partnership with. The thing is he will happily sell stuff even if he doesnt actually have it, and when he has the money he doesnt care anymore. edit: although this was from a reliable source i appreciate it may not be definitive

also the poor excuse for a website he had with minimal info has now disappeared, not sure if he has changed the company name though on the web

garry

Again, clarification may be needed - I make all of the hard trim (dashboards consoles etc) and do sell some soft trim (carpets door cards etc) from Mini Trimmings - Not a partner and I am a sole trader and have been for 16 years.

The poor excuse for a website is because I don't have the £700 - £1k to pay a web developer to do it for me. As before, I run things by myself and just can't get the time to do it properly. I tried, couldn't manage it, the years subscription ended so it went. Might be back, better I hope, but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Not sure if the TMF members realise how much time and effort goes into making our stuff - I will get faster when I finally have the £28k saved for the CNC router but until then I can only just keep doing my best with the limited 10 hours in the day I can use the machines and try to please all of the people all of the time. I really do feel for those I have let down and will endevour to put it right the beat I can. I make around 20-30 dashboards a week and have now manufactured over 18,000 in total, not to mention the consoles, speakerboards, etc, etc - sometimes things just go wrong.

Jay - Minteriors

#15 gaz4399

gaz4399

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

thanks for the reply, i know your a nice guy to talk to but you seem very busy to contact. I have never received your email address and I will use it now I have it since it sounds like the more reliable option.

I have never received any samples so will resend you my address as there may be anomalies.

Im pleased to hear you are wanting to resolve this.

many thanks

garry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users