2 replies to this topic

#1 thebull

thebull

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:16 PM

[B][I][FONT=Courier][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue] :D I have fitted a 1300 metro engine in my mini..the problem is the the car is a 1974 clubman and the wiring to the coil and distributor on the new engine is different.I have a red ignition wire..a w/black and a white..the w/black that was on the distributer has been made redundant..so I am left with the two positive wires and the one negative wire..which I have put on the coil..I cant get a spark...so car wont start!!! anybody any Ideas????

#2 nomininolife

nomininolife

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Mates

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

http://img.photobuck.../electdizzy.gif

See if this helps

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:56 PM

First of all ditch all the wiring which came from the metro as it will just confuse the hell out of you....

Assuming you've managed to sort out the correct starter motor....

you then need to sort the ignition, which with a 74 clubby will be normal ( non-ballested ) so to your non-ballested coil ( not the one which came with the metro ) which will have one wire connected to +ve which will +12v when the ignition is switched on, on the other side you will have a wire which is connecting the coil to the dizzy...

That's it...

Both of these wires should be white on the original clubman loom...but the one with the black trace goes between the -ve on the coil and the dizzy, the solid white goes to the +12v supply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users