31 replies to this topic

#16 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

I made it pretty clear above bungle. You going to just spam this thread even though its something your not interested in?

#17 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

you replied about the google bit but not about the section we already have on the forum

or do you feel the Customers' Reviews Of Mini Services section would be better if it had a map ?

#18 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

i used to love going in scrap yards, seeing all the old 70s, 80s and 90s cars in there when i was younger, these days its all renault clios, nissan micras and saxos lol the scrap yards near me now in northampton are slowly disapearin, council is buying the land as stupid prices, and are reclaiming the land for development, cant beat scrap yards in birmingham though, i know one that is crammed full of classic cars, there is even a dodge charger rotting quietly into the ground! :P i love that place, like stepping back in time!

#19 minbin2010

minbin2010

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

i used to love going in scrap yards, seeing all the old 70s, 80s and 90s cars in there when i was younger, these days its all renault clios, nissan micras and saxos lol the scrap yards near me now in northampton are slowly disapearin, council is buying the land as stupid prices, and are reclaiming the land for development, cant beat scrap yards in birmingham though, i know one that is crammed full of classic cars, there is even a dodge charger rotting quietly into the ground! :P i love that place, like stepping back in time!

haha i no sum1 with a dodge charger n e loves it am gunna rip im because they are the rotters of the century lol n i agree it ace lookin thru scapyards n the reason y saxos n what av ya r in scapyards is because they deserve 2 be lol long live classic cars lol

#20 hystrix cristata

hystrix cristata

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

I was going to say can you not put a map on frappr.com but that has shut now. There seems to be an alternative though www.zeemaps.com that looks like what you want. I'm on my phone so can't try it out properly but you can add markers and looks like you can search within a distance from a town

#21 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

I saw this thread and built this. At the moment it's lacking details such as phone numbers and other contact details, but I'm working on it. Also note that it was thrown together in 1 day, so it is a bit rough round the edges! Probably doesn't work in IE 7 and below.

#22 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,414 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

I like it, a means of adding user reviews would be good, scrappers vary from places that will only sell overpriced bits over the counter to little overgrown treasure chests that will let you pick the bones of hard to find classics for loose change. It could maybe be extended to include other businesses of interest to Mini enthusiasts.

#23 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

I like it, a means of adding user reviews would be good, scrappers vary from places that will only sell overpriced bits over the counter to little overgrown treasure chests that will let you pick the bones of hard to find classics for loose change. It could maybe be extended to include other businesses of interest to Mini enthusiasts.

Great idea >_<. Will get the reviews implemented.

#24 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

Looking good! I like it >_<

#25 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

I had this idea months ago :D The South Central sub-forum has a budding scrapyard thread already.

#26 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

I had this idea months ago :lol:

errr.... did you? .... ok. what do you want.... credit or something? I had this idea years ago lol

The South Central sub-forum has a budding scrapyard thread already.

thats nice. what about the rest of the country.

#27 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,414 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

This isn't anything to fall out over; I don't think anyone will be expecting a Nobel Prize nomination from it. As a source of information, the more people that contribute the better.

#28 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Lol yeah I agree. Just get frustrated with useless spam posts when I am really looking forward to getting this up and usable.

Edited by E.L.M.O, 14 September 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#29 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

I wasn't throwing a strop, i was just stating a fact that i'm already trying to set up a scrapyard database, albeit on a smaller scale.

ok. what do you want.... credit or something?

Come to think of it, yes please, make it payable to my sense of humour :D

#30 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,414 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Green is just colour coordinating, because you can't see when I put my offishul TMF hat on over the interweb :D - Green for moderators, Red for Admins...

Dove 'n olive branch smilie sounds like an idea though

... 'n maybe some fluffy kittens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users