21 replies to this topic

#1 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

Here's my quickest lap of the trip. Did a 9.53 with a passenger, not too bad I guess ! >_<

Post yours below.

#2 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Not sure if this link will work as I took it off youtube this morning before it had finished processing, but the vid now plays on my phone, so it might work!

Fastest and final lap of the week done on Monday night, 08:58 BTG. with a 15st passenger. had to slow down through a very fast section for a yellow flag, and an english clio that dropped into the Karousel then appeared to just about stop, I had to hammer the brakes on half way round!

9:53 in a 1600 GTi is bloody impressive mate >_<

#3 bakker110

bakker110

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

Nice one Josh and that A3 lap aint bad either! I made a 10:20 following a ridiculously slow RS4 through about 5 corners near the start of the lap. Had a yellow flag too so very pleased with the cars performance. I will upload a video but it was only my 2nd lap and I had a little off at adenauer forst.
Vid to come.
Can also upload videos from the Ferrari F430 I blagged a lap in, the Ring Taxi and in Sam's 205 GTI

http://s263.photobuc...b...p4&newest=1

Apparently my other videos are too big so they're being uploaded to youtube as we speak.

Edited by bakker110, 09 September 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#4 Puddings

Puddings

Nurburgring Master

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Local Club: fabmoc/TMF

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

@lemming - nice time but just watching it i saw a few things that could help claw back a few sec, tyres?? you seemed to understeer alot in a few of the corners and have you ever seen white dots on the track? they mark turn in points and apex's but .

And the A3 i thought it was a retro run? so does this mean i can come in the GTR next year then? >_<

#5 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

@lemming - nice time but just watching it i saw a few things that could help claw back a few sec, tyres?? you seemed to understeer alot in a few of the corners and have you ever seen white dots on the track? they mark turn in points and apex's but .

Yeah the tyres are dirt cheap, 912's. But for the money they are pretty amazing, especially as the car is my daily.
I was hoping for a set of 888's but as you know they are expensive. I've found in my car using some of the markers actually make it slower for me, but I agree I could have used them more precisely. I find that quite hard on TF though when there's all sorts of s*** flying about !

Nice lap Prawn >_<

Edited by lemmingzappa, 09 September 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

And the A3 i thought it was a retro run? so does this mean i can come in the GTR next year then? >_<

the A3 wasn't an official part of the run, I drove my Mini out there, but my dad is 65 with a serious spinal condition and can't manage more than 30 minutes in the mini, so he drove the A3 over as he still wanted to come along. Mini developed a fairly severe misfire and only did 1 lap (10:03 with the misfire) so I used the audi for all my laps instead

#7 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

you seemed to understeer alot in a few of the corners and have you ever seen white dots on the track? they mark turn in points and apex's but

White dots I'm sure are for rear wheel drive cars, they use them for the training cars. Some might help but not all

I was with Mr Zappa for one of his laps, he knows his car well and seeing as his 1.6gti is pretty much standard I was impressed, especially with those falkens on

Nice one Josh :trooper:

#8 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Ah cheers Kam, you need to sort me out with those vids ! :trooper:

#9 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

Which ones? The lap ones or the 'other' ones......theres a few :trooper:

#10 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Was a good lap cheers for taking me out on it. Do you have a link for those camera?

#11 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Which ones? The lap ones or the 'other' ones......theres a few

The ones from the spec point and the journey.

I'm also interested to know about these mysterious ones.... :trooper:|

Edited by lemmingzappa, 09 September 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#12 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Was a good lap cheers for taking me out on it. Do you have a link for those camera?

I know the ones from THIS seller are version 3 (which are the best ones to get). You'll recognise the camera if you look through the items from that seller.

#13 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

I know the ones from THIS seller are version 3 (which are the best ones to get). You'll recognise the camera if you look through the items from that seller.

Cheers. So this is the 1 you used right?

#14 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Cheers. So this is the 1 you used right?

Yep, i'd get it from that seller though as atleast you know it will be the right version (there are about 6 in total I think). You'll need to buy a microSD card aswell, make sure its Class 4 or above.

#15 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Cheers ill get a couple when my student loan comes through just need a pug and im ready 2 go again lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users