#1 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

Ok, so at Uttoxeter Mini show, we had a policeman making us aware of a Mini Van that had been stolen the night before from Uttoxeter. He has now sent the details through to my local club, so thought it could be a good idea to stick it on here too :dontgetit:

From: PC 0904 Richard LYMER, Uttoxeter Police Tel: 0300 123 44 55
E-Mail: [email protected] Fax: 01785 233963
Date: 9th September 2010 Pages Four

Police Appeal

Posted Image

Overnight between Saturday 4th September 2010 and Sunday 5th September 2010 a Motor Vehicle was stolen from an address in the Uttoxeter area of Staffordshire. The Motor Vehicle concerned was a White Coloured Morris Mini Van Registration Number EAS 593.

The timing of the theft coincided with the British Mini Club Show which was being held at Uttoxeter Racecourse on Sunday 5th September 2010 and although the vehicle was not stolen from this location persons attending the show may have some knowledge or information that may help in my investigation. I must clearly point out that I am not saying that any person associated with the show is responsible for the theft; however I believe that persons at the show are more likely to recall seeing the vehicle due to their involvement with Minis.

In relation to the Theft I am appealing for the help and support of enthusiasts to try and help locate the stolen vehicle and would urge any person who has any knowledge of seeing this vehicle, any information in relation to the theft of the vehicle or any other information that they feel may be pertinent to my enquiry to contact me directly on the contact details shown above or Crimestoppers on the number shown at the Foot of this report.

Below I have attached a description of the vehicle and also I have attached Photographs of the vehicle as it would have been on the night it was stolen. Please feel free to disseminate freely to any person(s) who you think may be able to help in my enquiry and also I would ask that when attending future shows across the Mini Scene if people could be asked to be vigilant and keep a look out for this vehicle.

If you have any Web Forums, Discussion Rooms, Facebook Groups etc then I am happy for you to publish details of this Theft onto these sites so that the details of this theft can be circulated to a wider audience.

The Stolen Motor Vehicle is described as follows:-

• 1962 Morris Mini Van
• Drum Brakes
• 10inch Wheels with 145tyres
• No Seat Belts
• Bright “ICE” white colour
• Black none reclining seats
• Aftermarket later type “Chrome” Door mirrors
• Speedo was showing approx 62k
• Single Centre Speedo
• NO Roof Vent
• Rear door hinges are held on with NONE painted stainless bolts

If there are any questions or any further information is required then please do not hesitate to contact me, please may I ask that Crime Reference Number XA/64928/10 is quoted in all Correspondence,

Many Thanks

PC 0904 Richard Lymer,
Uttoxeter Police Station,
32 Balance Street,
Uttoxeter,
Staffordshire,
ST14 8JE

Keep your eyes peeled peeps ;)

Edited by sazal, 11 September 2010 - 11:06 PM.

#2 mars red mike

mars red mike

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

This sucks man. Light fingered ******* want their bloody hands chopped off. Do hope that they get it back.

#3 ShoutforJoy

ShoutforJoy

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+, Automatic Mini Register

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Let's hope it's found soon. I expect the decals will be gone by now.

I've got to say that it is good to see the Police taking the theft seriously and making some attempts to locate the mini van. We hear so often that they really can't be bothered and it does help to restore our confidence in them a bit.

#4 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, the policeman seemed really keen to find it, came down to the show to speak to local clubs. Had also been checking cameras on the motorways to see if it had been down there. Its weird that they stole it the day before the show, but then, it'll be a lot easier to move it on a trailer, no one would batter an eyelid at a mini leaving uttoxeter the evening of a show. :lol:

#5 mr_sauce

mr_sauce

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Local Club: Lowestoft Mini Club

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hasn't this guy had an Open Classic stolen, too?

#6 jay30

jay30

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

Glad to see someone has posted this. You beat me to it. I received an email from the Officer with the same ready to post. Hard to stomach that there are scum within the Mini Community that stoop to these depths. Obviously stolen to order.

Stuff like engine number could be useful so anyone looking for blocks can keep an eye out.

Hope the guy gets it back and in a condition not too far from when he last saw it.

#7 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

This was for sale not so long ago was it not?

#8 lindy119

lindy119

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: looking for one!!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Not meaning to be pessimistic but of course its always a good idea to keep checking websites like ebay and gumtree for the bits off it. Hope you get i back in one piece, looks like a very smart example. :lol:

Edited by Shifty, 13 September 2010 - 02:40 PM.
post edited

#9 dazzler-pws

dazzler-pws

Previously known as ringonezero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Local Club: Minifinity

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

Cheers for posting this Sazal i was trying to keep it low key until after Stanford in the hope that it was there.

The Police have been fantastic over this, they have done full house to house and attended the show at Uttoxeter speaking to lots of the clubs.

To fill in some details:

It was last seen by a Neighbour of where it was park, the police have since found out there was a disturbance around 2am with a Black car seen speeding off.

This was a Company Vehicle and was at an Employees house, cleaned ready and loaded for the Uttoxeter show.

Other thing thats a bit crappy, because it was on Business insurance i was not allowed an agreed value, so i am likely to get pittance if the van doesn't turn up.

At the moment i am waiting to here back from PC Lymer as we are likely to offer a reward leading to the van being returned, we are just waiting on his advice

As for it being forsale, for the whole period of time i have had the van (which is twice and many years) it has always been on and off forsale, its always been one of those things that if i thought long and hard about, i didnt need it, however that one drive, trip to a mini show etc reminded me of why i would never want to sell it again and i always promised myself i would transfer the reg off, as it was my wedding car!. Since the last time i thought about selling it, its been on a miniworld Rolling Road shoot out amongst other things and we were lucky enough at work to buy a replacement van without having to part with it.

Tom "Mr Source" you should try paying my insurance bill!

#10 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear this Daz, hope you get it back !

#11 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

Lets stay on topic shall we chaps? Off topic posts removed and lets not see any more nonsense either

Sorry to hear about this Daz and I hope you get him back.

#12 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

Cheers for posting this Sazal i was trying to keep it low key until after Stanford in the hope that it was there.

Sorry matey!

Any news yet? really hope it shows up. :D

#13 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

:/ clicky

white van has no v5 as they say they cant get it from bulkhead number quick respray of roof and sell it on :/

just read it been registered

Edited by mini danny, 28 September 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#14 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

They claim they have tried to register it but the DVLA wouldnt let them. :D

Seems a bit strange that a code on the bulkhead could be different from the original car. Anyone doing a bulkhead repair would most likely not stamp a new code in it, and a wrong one at that. :P

#15 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

They claim they have tried to register it but the DVLA wouldnt let them. :D

Seems a bit strange that a code on the bulkhead could be different from the original car. Anyone doing a bulkhead repair would most likely not stamp a new code in it, and a wrong one at that. :P

yep sumin seems fishy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users