#1 K.C

K.C

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

I bought 2 track rod ends and a heater valve from Minisport last Sunday and had been anticipating their arrival all week. I needed them for this weekend so by the time Saturday morning rolled on I was concerned that the parts weren't going to arrive on time. That morning I rang Minisport to see if my package was on its way and it turns out they never even sent my stuff...because it was out of stock...which they never told me. So I was waiting for this package all week not even knowing that they hadn't even sent my items and weren't going to for another 2 weeks; so that would have been 3 weeks in total! I cancelled the order then and there and managed to find the track rod ends at Allparts; still looking for a heater valve :angry:.

I'm also still waiting on a CV boot that I ordered last July...should be any day now :lol:.

Cliffs:
* Bought stuff from Minisport
* Were out of stock and never came
* Wasn't told they were out of stock (on the site it said they were in-stock)
* Cancelled order

Anyone else had bad experiences with these people or is it just me??

#2 Stafford

Stafford

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

I bought 2 track rod ends and a heater valve from Minisport last Sunday and had been anticipating their arrival all week. I needed them for this weekend so by the time Saturday morning rolled on I was concerned that the parts weren't going to arrive on time. That morning I rang Minisport to see if my package was on its way and it turns out they never even sent my stuff...because it was out of stock...which they never told me. So I was waiting for this package all week not even knowing that they hadn't even sent my items and weren't going to for another 2 weeks; so that would have been 3 weeks in total! I cancelled the order then and there and managed to find the track rod ends at Allparts; still looking for a heater valve :angry:.

I'm also still waiting on a CV boot that I ordered last July...should be any day now :lol:.

Cliffs:
* Bought stuff from Minisport
* Were out of stock and never came
* Wasn't told they were out of stock (on the site it said they were in-stock)
* Cancelled order

Anyone else had bad experiences with these people or is it just me??

This happened to me! i ordered a new steering rack and a speedo cable as i needed the rack for the MOT, i rang them up when it hadn't arrived for a week and they said they are waiting for the speedo cable!!!! no email or anything! i needed the rack for a free re-test for my MOT so now i have to pay £35 for the re-test..... thanks mini sport!

#3 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

this problem crops up too often from minisport!

#4 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Ive been bitten like this from minisport before , to the point i no longer use their on-line ordering service , if i need something i ring up and get it over the phone , i thikn they really need to get a grip with the on-line side of the business

#5 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

This has happened to me as well, i order some exhaust hanger coil and HT leads, took 4 weeks because they were waiting on the coil! I wouldn't of cared so much if the rang or told me or even not let me order if it was out of stock! Although i still do like minisport and it has only happened once to me and all other times have been ok, just that once.

#6 book

book

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: High Peak Classic Minis

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

+1

Ordered some lights online and nothing happened so I rang them to find out what was going on and as if by magic they found them and sent them then.

rubbish service to be honest.

#7 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Same here,

Needed some cones, so I ordered them with next day delivery. Two days later still nothing so I phoned them.

They didn't have the cones, when would they be in? About a month.

Would have been nice if they told me. Now I won't touch them with a barge pole while wearing rubber gloves in a level 5 containment suit on the moon.

Edited by Big_Adam, 12 September 2010 - 12:38 PM.

#8 kanye

kanye

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

glad im not the only one..... used to use mini sport....never again.... Mini spares all the way or uni part mill autos etc if possible

#9 me madjoe 90

me madjoe 90

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

I had simler problem rang up wondering where my stuff was after like 3 weeks and got told they were waiting on some bushes, so i told them wouldent it make sence to send me my other stuff and then notify me about the bushes and me ever source them some where else or wait for them. They just said ok we will send them out today and i canceled the £2 bushes

#10 miniman44

miniman44

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

The bigger they get the worse they get.Did anyone see the Mini Spares vehicle's at Uttoxeter! :lol:

#11 mrslaphead

mrslaphead

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

I make sure they have whatever i need in stock and then nip in and buy over the counter, only really an option if you are local admittedly.
I learnt 3 yrs ago that their mail order is a bit pants. Even their next day delivery service has a 48hr lead time before they despatch it. what the hell.
For service items though I find partco/Unipart hard to beat (It does help that a mate of mine is a branch manager there)

#12 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Had this happen EVERY time I order from them. Generally avoid these days due to advertising products as in stock only to find they're out of stock after ordering.

#13 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

I thought it was illegal to charge for something that you don't actually have available for sale? I have heard this about Minisport in the past.

#14 Jackamilf12

Jackamilf12

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Local Club: HAMOC

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

yup same here, been a month since i ordered my stuff, i got some parts but still waiting on 3. i just went some where else and got them pretty much the next day.. will probably try and avoid them now if i need somethin quickly. is aabit of a shame because they had been very good

#15 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

i had a problem with them once but i always ring up rang up ordered aloud of stuff got it an there was bits missing from my order so i rang them an they said it was out of stock well why not tell me that the first time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users