mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

I love that colour.

so i do i but i dont know what it is apart from orange lol apprently it a nissan 350z orange but havent a clue :)

#32 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

I love that colour.

so i do i but i dont know what it is apart from orange lol apprently it a nissan 350z orange but havent a clue :)

ye does look like the 350z paint an im sure if you left a little bit of that colour on the car when it goes for paint they will be able to match the colour if you choose to keep it or if you have to cut a panel out with that colour on take it to a local paint shop an they will tell you

#33 myredmini

myredmini

My Mummy Says It's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

thats easy to repair dan the man, if you leave that part i will do that bit with you when i come down :( all you do it cut the section out in one go and make cardboard patch which fits perfect(cereal box is best) and then scribe onto steel cut weld dress paint.

:)

i would get you to help but its not being put back on road till its perfect and completely rust free :P

yeah thats what i mean i will fix it for you when i come down to yours :dontgetit:

#34 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

thats easy to repair dan the man, if you leave that part i will do that bit with you when i come down :P all you do it cut the section out in one go and make cardboard patch which fits perfect(cereal box is best) and then scribe onto steel cut weld dress paint.

:)

i would get you to help but its not being put back on road till its perfect and completely rust free :dontgetit:

yeah thats what i mean i will fix it for you when i come down to yours :P

yh defo when you coming down and i think i will keep the colour i like it :(

#35 MiniLuke

MiniLuke

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Love it Love it Love it. :)

Keep the colour. I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

#36 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Love it Love it Love it. :)

Keep the colour. I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

thats what i said when i turned up to view it love it !!!!! then got in it started it and drove it on his drove which surpised me didnt even think it would start let alone drive stop select all gears ad runs like a dream so a added bonus and prev owner is sending me some new doors :( which are rust free and will ever rust becuase there fibreglass he brought it for her and forgot he had them so sending them to me but will get normal steel ones eventully :P

#37 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

bloody hell dan, where did you find this beuty man?

#38 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

bloody hell dan, where did you find this beuty man?

hiya its a very unusual not ebay not piston no car site no magazine but facebook lol someone added me as i have a mini so went on there profile and someone says yh selling the mini so looked on there profile and was a clubby estate added him and it went from there now im the proud owner of a clubman estate :)

#39 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

lovely, i will be watching this project. i will be continuing mine soon.

#40 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

lovely, i will be watching this project. i will be continuing mine soon.

do you have a clubby estate to ?? and thanks :)

#41 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

just a quick update not much has happened been at collage all the time then working on free days but have got new fibreglass back doors on the way off the old owner i will be saving the old doors to need to decide do i go fibreglass front flip or do i stick with metal im going to make it a turbo supercharger so want it really fast sort of a sleeper so will look stadards from outside ect

#42 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

need to decide do i go fibreglass front flip or do i stick with metal im going to make it a turbo supercharger so want it really fast sort of a sleeper so will look stadards from outside ect

Well, if you want it to look standard from the outside then it's probably going to be 'metal' front. Something I have been considering for a project of mine is to add tabs behind the front seams so the front wings can be screwed together and have the seam cover placed in a stock like manner then sectioning the inner wing so with about 6 or so screws per side I could remove the whole nose of my mini. It should be hard to detect as removable, and not hard to remove.

Chris

Edited by CLM, 02 October 2010 - 01:40 AM.

#43 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

need to decide do i go fibreglass front flip or do i stick with metal im going to make it a turbo supercharger so want it really fast sort of a sleeper so will look stadards from outside ect

Well, if you want it to look standard from the outside then it's probably going to be 'metal' front. Something I have been considering for a project of mine is to add tabs behind the front seams so the front wings can be screwed together and have the seam cover placed in a stock like manner then sectioning the inner wing so with about 6 or so screws per side I could remove the whole nose of my mini. It should be hard to detect as removable, and not hard to remove.

Chris

thanks ive decided im now gonna do low wide and mean looking think im gonna do the front flip with bonnet pins to hold in place and before bungle come along i know i need a sva or iva one or the other, not much has been done to her at the mo being having problems with my current road mini not a nice grinding niose when braking found out its her wheel bearing get that done then clubman estate will carry on :)

#44 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

well got back from work today and just went mad with motivation and just took every think i could off got my new fiberglass doors which i got from prev owner :)

first bolt i undo is rusted stuck and snaps bloody minis !!!! still love it tho :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts